Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    LMAO, why this has so many likes?

Mess!

People actually believe it.

latto did look amazing in the dress!

Comment

• I really wish Mariah was there.
      I keep singing Mariah's part. It feels so empty without it...

Comment

• Fair on Latto that was a good performance! Shame not even a VT was used to include Mariah’s part but I guess this is the original version and it’s her song.
        To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Wow that performance was incredible.
          I can just imagine Mariah coming out like a boss for the Fantasy verse and rapping along with Latto.
          A shame it didnt happen. Maybe someone can ask her in her next spaces thing why she wasnt there ?
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
            I really wish Mariah was there.
            I keep singing Mariah's part. It feels so empty without it...

I agree. I believe it was the only way to boost sales, since it would have been a viral moment. But, this was Latto’s moment at a big award show, her song is in the top 10 with no Mariah credit, just her, so I think her team didn’t want Mariah to steal the spotlight but people just focus on Latto.
            This new version was what i expected, something like Say So by Doja at an award show, this kind of arrangements is so 2000’s but i love it.

Comment

• Latto is such a star I’ve been a fan for awhile but if she keeps doing performances like that I may become obsessed. Soo happy for her!

Comment

• I love Latto's attitude!

She is a sweet, humble girl and knows how to respect the legends.

latto is very likeable! I stan her.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

I agree. I believe it was the only way to boost sales, since it would have been a viral moment. But, this was Latto’s moment at a big award show, her song is in the top 10 with no Mariah credit, just her, so I think her team didn’t want Mariah to steal the spotlight but people just focus on Latto.
                  This new version was what i expected, something like Say So by Doja at an award show, this kind of arrangements is so 2000’s but i love it.
                  In Mariah's defense.... the remix makes up like 35-40% of the songs weekly consumption... so...that's not an irrelevant fact or factor in the song's performance since the remix was released.

Mariah also holds the majority of the consumption in all three of UK, Australia and Ireland...

If she were to show up, it would have been a great moment for both and we all know that Mariah would never steal someone's spot... we know that from her performing with literally everyone she's ever performed with (except for those Star Academy contestants who couldn't even sing right lol).
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

In Mariah's defense.... the remix makes up like 35-40% of the songs weekly consumption... so...that's not an irrelevant fact or factor in the song's performance since the remix was released.

Mariah also holds the majority of the consumption in all three of UK, Australia and Ireland...

If she were to show up, it would have been a great moment for both and we all know that Mariah would never steal someone's spot... we know that from her performing with literally everyone she's ever performed with (except for those Star Academy contestants who couldn't even sing right lol).
                    It definitely doesn't amount for that much in the US. I would say 20 percent at most.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

I think her team didn’t want Mariah to steal the spotlight but people just focus on Latto.

or maybe Mariah didnt want to steal the spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

What if Mariah gave a bad vocal or looked awkward and stiff on stage.

That would've taken away and detracted from the performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It definitely doesn't amount for that much in the US. I would say 20 percent at most.
                        Let's settles on 30%. <3
                        My Chart

Comment

That is why she should presented in a certain way so that her stiffness is seen as sth positive. It would have been so cool if she would have been there in full on 1995 Fantasy music video clothes and hair with some brothers that dance around ha.
                          My Chart

Comment

Agree. I personally did not want Mariah on stage trying to dance/sing to Fantasy live. But the pink visual video with just the high note as an intro could have been used. Like there was so many ways to include the remix in a clever way to make Latto shine and create a little excitement for the remix as well. It’s 100% a missed opportunity no matter how we want to look at it this was the moment to promote the remix one last time as summer is kicking in. The original is super old now it’s not going to create new waves while the remix could have…

Comment

• my theory is mariah didn't want to participate and is currently mia is that she's planning a return with her lead single very soon and just want to show up in public when she's ready to announce her project

Comment

• The numbers ones HONEY
                                https://www.stereogum.com/2186381/th...e-number-ones/

Comment

• I definitely think the remix is gonna be on Mariahs album which will do wonders for its numbers.

Comment

• Not a fan of this version. It's too noisy and too many clash and bangs in the instrumentals.

What makes Big Energy work is the sample and the carefree innocence of it. It was drowned in this version.

She could've started with the original or remix version to start and then rock it up at the end to add a bit of variety. It was kinda one-note right from the beginning and was over very quick. Looking at this clip it's barely 2.5 mins.

Comment

I definitely think the remix is gonna be on Mariahs album which will do wonders for its numbers.
                                      mariah rarely puts hits collabos on ha albums. the only example of a song which came out eons before an album and which was a collabo that she used for an album was #B.

in a perfect world, she would have re-released Music Box in 1994 with Do you think of me, Everything fades (in the US) and of course Endless Love.

whatever helpful tactic there is... do not count on Mariah's team to be smart enough to use it.
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

mariah rarely puts hits collabos on ha albums. the only example of a song which came out eons before an album and which was a collabo that she used for an album was #B.

in a perfect world, she would have re-released Music Box in 1994 with Do you think of me, Everything fades (in the US) and of course Endless Love.

whatever helpful tactic there is... do not count on Mariah's team to be smart enough to use it.
                                        Can she not realise it herself and insist lol

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                          Not a fan of this version. It's too noisy and too many clash and bangs in the instrumentals.

What makes Big Energy work is the sample and the carefree innocence of it. It was drowned in this version.

She could've started with the original or remix version to start and then rock it up at the end to add a bit of variety. It was kinda one-note right from the beginning and was over very quick. Looking at this clip it's barely 2.5 mins.

That's not the full performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                            The song that wiped out her Karen demographic.

Comment

That's not the full performance.
                                              Anyone have the full version.

Comment

• I think it was the right performance for that stage and that show. She really brought an insane amount of energy and rocked the choreo. Props to Latto. She's a force.
                                                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Mariah Carey "The Queen Of R&B"

Comment

• It's a shame Mary J Blige didn't perform, most of the recent icon winners did perform and she definitely has at least a handful of instantly recognizable songs.

I wonder who is going to be next?

Overdue legends:
                                                    * Whitney (if they want to honor posthumously for the first time) - Who says icons needs to be alive. Hopefully they honour her soon. Her biopic is in the works so likely before or after that
                                                    * Madonna - I'm sure she would've got it by now and was asked many times, but likely just turned down to align with the next big era
                                                    * Shania - She's still out there and kicking, recently at Coachella.
                                                    * Barbara - Just really depends on when she wants it really
                                                    * Diana Ross - she has the legend slot at Glastonbury this year with a new album, so many next year otherwise it may be a while before her next era.
                                                    * Elton John - he's finishing his (touring at least) career after the upcoming tour
                                                    * Billy Joel
                                                    * U2
                                                    * Aerosmith
                                                    * Phil Collins
                                                    * Bruce Springsteen
                                                    * Metallica

Likely in the next 10 years:

* Eminem
                                                    * Jay Z

Comment

Working...
                                                    X