Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • orange clouds roll by ....

    Comment


    • It's def not "dummy."
      ​​It's "dunny." ​​​​​​
      I just hear the "n" sound.

      Don't know if it's a typo, which I doubt, or if she deliberately went for that word.


      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

      Comment


      • There’s a lamb war about to ignite in here because I’m DEFINITELY hearing ‘Dunny’


        It 100% says it in the booklet as well, I remember I used to ponder over its meaning back in the day.

        Who gets responses from Liron? We need to ask her!
        Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Wed March 31, 2021, 15:05.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post




          How her songwriting skills were slept on for so long will always be a mystery! Those lyrics are cray

          Comment


          • Well ima just keep saying dummy since that makes more sense...

            anyway Clown is an underrated bop! Her ability to write diss songs is unmatched

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

              Yeah, I hear clearly "dummy", but since I'm not a native-american-speaker I didn't want to contradict anyone LOL.
              And it means "tonto/tontito" (stupid/silly) in Spanish 'cause I've saw an Argentinian film where they use that word all the time in that way.
              Your English is better than all of ours! And I’m born and bred English ;)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                Well ima just keep saying dummy since that makes more sense...

                anyway Clown is an underrated bop! Her ability to write diss songs is unmatched
                I’m just intrigued to find out to be honest. Maybe a question for the next Q&A

                Comment


                • Myself, Shaka and TheRealest are correct, it's DuMMy. The rest of y'all need to clean your ears out or whatever
                  As I said slow it to 25 percent and the M sound is as clear as day.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    Myself, Shaka and TheRealest are correct, it's DuMMy. The rest of y'all need to clean your ears out or whatever
                    As I said slow it to 25 percent and the M sound is as clear as day.
                    i also heard duNNy, the 'n' sound is pretty obvious. Your ears want to hear what you wanna hear so maybe you can give it a few hours before litsening to it again to compare. Also https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dunny

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                      Well ima just keep saying dummy since that makes more sense...

                      anyway Clown is an underrated bop! Her ability to write diss songs is unmatched
                      It also makes contextual sense to me

                      But maybe "Dunny" is the nickname for the "Clown"
                      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post

                        i also heard duNNy, the 'n' sound is pretty obvious. Your ears want to hear what you wanna hear so maybe you can give it a few hours before litsening to it again to compare. Also https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dunny
                        To me the M sound is extremely obvious and no one is going to change my mind so we may as well agree to disagree.

                        I mean you are probably hearing dunny because that is what your ears want to hear LOL
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

                        Comment


                        • I'm definitely hearing "Dunny" now that I'm not trying to sing along to what I think it is.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                            There’s a lamb war about to ignite in here because I’m DEFINITELY hearing ‘Dunny’

                            It 100% says it in the booklet as well, I remember I used to ponder over its meaning back in the day.

                            Who gets responses from Liron? We need to ask her!
                            I'm still hearing a clear M.
                            "Dummy" for me!

                            Team Dummy VS Team Dunny a Thirsty VS YDKWTD moment

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              To me the M sound is extremely obvious and no one is going to change my mind so we may as well agree to disagree.

                              I mean you are probably hearing dunny because that is what your ears want to hear LOL
                              I saw a lot of people here going for both dummy and dunny, the only way to know is somebody here please bring this to Twitter to ask Mariah lol

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                How her songwriting skills were slept on for so long will always be a mystery! Those lyrics are cray
                                IKR?!
                                So underrated.

                                And she uses the same vocabulary when she speaks.

                                I mean, look how she described the bugs here

                                The use of "encroach" alone



                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                  I'm still hearing a clear M.
                                  "Dummy" for me!

                                  Team Dummy VS Team Dunny a Thirsty VS YDKWTD moment
                                  Like if you slow it down to 25 percent speed or even 50 it is so obvious. She kind of swallows the first M and softly pronounces the second one. There is absolutely no N sound there
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                    Well ima just keep saying dummy since that makes more sense...

                                    anyway Clown is an underrated bop! Her ability to write diss songs is unmatched
                                    Same

                                    Also Clown is her best diss track 'cause bish went deep in his insecurities. Obsessed is more like fun.

                                    For me Clown > Obsessed > A No No > Thirsty

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      Your English is better than all of ours! And I’m born and bred English ;)
                                      That's not true at all but thanks cuttie

                                      Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                      Myself, Shaka and TheRealest are correct, it's DuMMy. The rest of y'all need to clean your ears out or whatever
                                      As I said slow it to 25 percent and the M sound is as clear as day.



                                      Originally posted by BeyondIdolization View Post
                                      I saw a lot of people here going for both dummy and dunny, the only way to know is somebody here please bring this to Twitter to ask Mariah lol
                                      Yeah, please!

                                      Comment


                                      • I always heard it as "dummy", that's why she has to break it delicately for him.
                                        Previously known as sYair

                                        Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                          I'm still hearing a clear M.
                                          "Dummy" for me!

                                          Team Dummy VS Team Dunny a Thirsty VS YDKWTD moment
                                          Here it is slowed down !! Dummy Dummy Dummy

                                          https://voca.ro/1gR5PS425RDW
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

                                          Comment


                                          • Comment


                                            • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                              I always heard it as "dummy", that's why she has to break it delicately for him.
                                              Exactly!

                                              Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                              Here it is slowed down !! Dummy Dummy Dummy

                                              https://voca.ro/1gR5PS425RDW

                                              Team Dummy

                                              Comment


                                              • Here are the official lyrics...she also uses the quotes as though Dunny is a nickname:

                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  Here are the official lyrics...she also uses the quotes as though Dunny is a nickname:

                                                  I love charm booklet

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I don't care what it says officially, she sings Dummy
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X