Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

True and honestly after watching the MasterClass it’s pretty clear that people get the co-producer credit because she can’t play instrument but it’s her 100% that creates the melody / vocals on top of writing the lyrics herself. She is a beast. So much respect for her artistry.
    The production has nothing to do with playing instruments.
    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The production has nothing to do with playing instruments.
      Let’s take a look at My All credits for instance :
      • Lyrics : Mariah Carey
      • Music : Mariah Carey & Walter Afanasieff
      • Produced and Arranged by : Mariah Carey & Walter Afanasieff
      We know the song is really personal to MC after reading the memoirs. And after watching the MasterClass I personally believe Walter is getting the credits because he can play instruments and therefore write the musical partition / convey the message to the others about what Mariah Carey was hearing in her head. The song is 100% Mariah - Walter was just the vessel of her creativity. That’s how I see it. Not saying it’s the case for everything but for songs like this one it’s pretty obvious.

Comment

We know the song is really personal to MC after reading the memoirs. And after watching the MasterClass I personally believe Walter is getting the credits because he can play instruments and therefore write the musical partition / convey the message to the others about what Mariah Carey was hearing in her head. The song is 100% Mariah - Walter was just the vessel of her creativity. That’s how I see it. Not saying it’s the case for everything but for songs like this one it’s pretty obvious.
        Surely you can see from what you wrote that the music and the production are two distinct things. The song wouldn't exist without either of them so they are both credited, as they should be.
        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

She’s said this many times, especially when he kept begging for her to acknowledge that he “also wrote” AIW every holiday season. She said it loudest during her Genius interview. “People got writing credits for being in the room”.

He hasn’t done anything significant since she stopped working with him. He tried to leverage Barbra’s last album being at #1 following the NYE disaster, but she paid him dust.

He hasn’t done any significant that wasn’t on the backs of other people. Dude is the definition of mediocrity.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Surely you can see from what you wrote that the music and the production are two distinct things. The song wouldn't exist without either of them so they are both credited, as they should be.
            My point here is I believe you can replace Walter with Daniel Moore and still would have gotten the same My All.

Comment

• Then why all the songs she did with Daniel moore producing is very average songs (to say the least) and the ones with Walter is incredible classic iconic stunning songs ?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                  Im highly sceptical.

Why now?
                  Its too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Im highly sceptical.

Why now?
                    Its too late.
                    Maybe not. The song is an organic hit, it will continue increasing but only with some support. It makes sense to have this video more towards summer

Comment

Maybe not. The song is an organic hit, it will continue increasing but only with some support. It makes sense to have this video more towards summer
                      It would've made more sense if Mariah performed at the Billboard awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

He hasn’t done any significant that wasn’t on the backs of other people. Dude is the definition of mediocrity.
                        What a load of Bull , I'm not even gonna get into it cause this could be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen here.

He literally Won the Grammy for Producer of the year in 2000, you'll just saying anything to discredit Walter at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

What a load of Bull , I'm not even gonna get into it cause this could be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen here.

He literally Won the Grammy for Producer of the year in 2000, you'll will just saying anything to discredit Walter at this point
                          he also won RECORD OF THE YEAR for producing Celine's my heart will go on

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Exactly

Comment

• If anyone is interested in helping out a group of lambs who are working on radio airplay for BER, let me know. We’ve been able to get the remix played on several stations and countdowns.

I’ve supported radio for Mimi before but this time it’s very different. We’re figuring out which stations are most open and which DJ’s are lambs. It’s also more fun this time because our group is really fun!!

So if you want to join the group, DM me a tweet @marksharesmusic.

Comment

• Walter was probably as much a prisoner under Motorolla as many others in that label - but none as much as Mariah.

He was probably very under the control of the others... but none the less... there are obviously instances where Mariah may have felt betrayed, not supported, and not acknowledged.

And since we're all allowed to have opinions, and can say what we want... screw Afanasieff. Like we need any outsider's opinions on the matter.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• This theory that Walter trumped all other producers - really not accurate.

I hate his synth and programmed instrumentation on some of Mariah's ballads.
                                  Whenever You Call could have been greater... When I Saw You too.

And Daniel Moore is a good musician. The difference isn't in the production (his work on The (New) Roof is great) - it's just that the songs Mariah is doing now are different to the songs she did before.
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Please stop sharing Twitter posts. Nobody is leaking anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                      The difference isn't in the production (his work on The (New) Roof is great) - it's just that the songs Mariah is doing now are different to the songs she did before.
                                      THIS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

He was credit as producer after just doing changes for Celine Album Version which was pushed for radio. Reason why he wasn't eligible for an Oscar.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveides View Post

He was credit as producer after just doing changes for Celine Album Version which was pushed for radio. Reason why he wasn't eligible for an Oscar.
                                          Of course he wouldn’t be nominated for the Oscar cause he didn’t write the song, he PRODUCED it

Comment

True and honestly after watching the MasterClass it’s pretty clear that people get the co-producer credit because she can’t play instrument but it’s her 100% that creates the melody / vocals on top of writing the lyrics herself. She is a beast. So much respect for her artistry.
                                            Exactly.
                                            The MasterClass speaks for itself - as does her whole discography.

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post
                                              I know that on the "Vulnerability (Interlude)" from Rainbow she's listed as the sole writer and producer, the same goes for "Vanishing" as well
                                              Vanishing alone would end whole careers.

Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                              she produced Melt Away herself as well

Like 2 of her best songs EVER

Comment

• Talking about Walter in May? Literally

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                                totally agree! time for 1-2 singles until AIW rises.
                                                She better hurry up.
                                                AIW starts to rise as soon as mid August, LOL (and around that time she starts to work harder on Xmas stuff, tho we don't know what she's up this year, but she confirmed she's doing something festive).

I hope she's doing live shows again, please Queen!

P.S.
                                                Mariah doesn't need any help to write and craft a masterpiece.

A recent-ish proof:

Comment

• It will surpass 20M streams on Thursday!

Comment

• Mariah doesn’t need help to create gorgeous songs no, but to discredit Walter completely for their collaborations is plain ridiculous.
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X