• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Masterclass ?

The project only lasted 1 week....

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
      Mariah doesn’t need help to create gorgeous songs no, but to discredit Walter completely for their collaborations is plain ridiculous.
      Idgaf about Walter tbh.
      Like one page talking about him, go to his thread.
      That topic is so vintage.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
        What happened to Masterclass ?

I guess that's the way it works?

It's online for everyone who wants to suscribe (and it's not cheap).

Find it weird the lack of interviews, etc, but it was amazing to see it as a lamb.

Comment

• BESTIES

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Idgaf about Walter tbh.
            Like one page talking about him, go to his thread.
            That topic is so vintage.
            I only gave one small response lol the topic was already happening
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              I only gave one small response lol the topic was already happening
              I wasn't talking about u bae but people TRYING to discredit Mariah. Which also is ridiculous.

Comment

Vanishing alone would end whole careers.

Like 2 of her best songs EVER
                This! Literally two perfect songs. "Vanishing" is a beast. Just because the instrumentation is stripped back to piano doesn't make it any less complex of an arrangement. The background vocals are impeccable and create such a mood. No one else could do that, in my opinion.
                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Also Out here on my own and I pray are produced by herself. Mesmerised for example she had producing credits and RJ and Loris Holland coproducing credits

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                    This! Literally two perfect songs. "Vanishing" is a beast. Just because the instrumentation is stripped back to piano doesn't make it any less complex of an arrangement. The background vocals are impeccable and create such a mood. No one else could do that, in my opinion.
                    Gosh, I'm falling in love with Vanishing all over again.
                    What a masterpiece!
                    And she crafted that song, at what? 17 yo?

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                      Also Out here on my own and I pray are produced by herself. Mesmerised for example she had producing credits and RJ and Loris Holland coproducing credits
                      OHOMO

Comment

• Also, this is probably my favorite live performance she ever did (along with IIO at SNL or Butterfly at SNL or Letterman).

I mean, who can top this? Fvcking nobody.

Comment

• I think production can be defined in many different ways. Mariah's message has been that producing music doesn't require playing an instrument. She is correct, and she is a masterful producer without being gifted at playing an instrument. Or, I suppose it is better to say that her voice is her instrument. With a voice like that, why would you waste time on another instrument?

Comment

OHOMO
                            Her best cover, hands down.

I'm SO glad we got The Rarities. Some gems on there.

Comment

I think production can be defined in many different ways. Mariah's message has been that producing music doesn't require playing an instrument. She is correct, and she is a masterful producer without being gifted at playing an instrument. Or, I suppose it is better to say that her voice is her instrument. With a voice like that, why would you waste time on another instrument?
                              This, exactly.
                              Voice is an instrument and that is what the MasterClass is about.
                              I mean, Mariah VS the violin moment was iconicT. Even pianos are afraid of her.

Comment

• In this debate about Mariah being her own great producer... I want to add the fact that in 1992 Mariah Carey was nominated for the Producer of year - non classical category at the Grammy Awards.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                  What happened to Masterclass ?

... 1 day is more correct.
                                  My Chart

Comment

Her best cover, hands down.

I'm SO glad we got The Rarities. Some gems on there.
                                    I'm living for that song too and of course Mesmerized which is one of my favourite Mariah songs now. It is beyond me how it did not make the album back in the day. Such a great song.

The Rarities has many great songs on it. There is something for everyone on the album. I also just adore the Tokyo Dome set. MC live is always an experience.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                      In this debate about Mariah being her own great producer... I want to add the fact that in 1992 Mariah Carey was nominated for the Producer of year - non classical category at the Grammy Awards.
                                      FACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                        I'm living for that song too and of course Mesmerized which is one of my favourite Mariah songs now. It is beyond me how it did not make the album back in the day. Such a great song.

The Rarities has many great songs on it. There is something for everyone on the album. I also just adore the Tokyo Dome set. MC live is always an experience.
                                        I love every "new" song on it! Tho I pretend CME 2020 doesn't exist

Can't believe we were deprived of those gems for so long.

My Top 3 (only new/unreleased tracks):
                                        Out Here On My Own
                                        Can You Hear Me
                                        Cool On You

But I like aaaall of them

Comment

• BE at #6 on the Billboard Digital Song Sale chart!

Comment

• What if mariah is planning 2 albums this year. MC16 coming in July and the butterfly lounge in September for the butterfly anniversary

Comment

I love every "new" song on it! Tho I pretend CME 2020 doesn't exist

Can't believe we were deprived of those gems for so long.

My Top 3 (only new/unreleased tracks):
                                              Out Here On My Own
                                              Can You Hear Me
                                              Cool On You

But I like aaaall of them
                                              Well CME (2020) doesn't add anything new.. but I like the end with the high note. I'd have loved that she took the song into a different approach like jazz or even indie sound. But it doesn't bother me

Comment

• You guys gang up on harmless trolls a lot. It borders on inhumane. Yes, he's bein irritating but he doesn't deserve this. 2 cents.

Comment

• So off-topic! But does anyone here has this My All/Breakdown CD Single?

https://i.discogs.com/KVX1Zl61JKKHDX...QwLmpwZWc.jpeg

I would need some help about it, could any kind soul please DM me? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post

My point here is I believe you can replace Walter with Daniel Moore and still would have gotten the same My All.
                                                    Definitely not
                                                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Working...
                                                    X