Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
    Well CME (2020) doesn't add anything new.. but I like the end with the high note. I'd have loved that she took the song into a different approach like jazz or even indie sound. But it doesn't bother me
    It's a track that I can't enjoy.
    Her tone on there is just a nope for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Definitely not
      I love Walter's input in her music from 1991 to 2001. He is a great producer and composer of music. I think that all of their ballads sound amazing and special and I also think that the songs that he did with or for other acts aren't as good and / or there aren't as many good ones as he did with Mariah.

I hate that some people always diminish her input in the musical composition of her songs when even Walter said that it is usually Mariah who came up with the melodies of their songs.

I know that a lot of people see her as this bimbo act who says that she "writes" music like someone who obviously has never been involved with anything. It irks me that some people try to downplay her input and even me... I hate myself for using the word input as if ... she just added a line of a lyric here and there and told Mottola to bully the writers to give her a bigger songwriting share.

I know that people do not look at her as a songwriter in the same way that they would just applaud Joni Mitchel and put her as the be all and end all of all female songwriters.

Mariah has never downplayed her love for the music studio, her love to be there from the very first brain-storm of a song. Mariah always emphasizes how she is 90% a songwriter and 0% entertainer. And even when we know that she never really fully toured up until 1998 or 2000 because of being consistently in the studio, people want to take that away from her.

I don't understand it. Really! The legend is that Brenda K. Starr gave Tommy a demo tape and it made him sign her straight away. That was the beginning of her career. Well, not really. In her book she talks about her songwriting and studio sessions prior to being signed for about 100 pages. She tells us about the struggles, the hard work, the rejection and emotional strains that it took.

It is not taken seriously. Every other month we (as in the lambs) must be reminded (by some people) that she's never written a song (or is credited as such) fully on her own. There is always the notion of her needing, depending on someone else to really make her music by composing epic melodies and string sets or whatever.

We are always reminded by some people how the melody is the most important thing afterall and that anyone could type in some lame lyric which rhymes.

But we've also seen her sit by a piano in one of her very first VHS releases (I believe in 1993) where she literally sings the most haunting melody while Walter is playing it out on a piano.

"She" is not as involved I hear and or "have you been in the studio with her?" - casting doubt about her involvement.

Fact is tho, that Mariah is credited as the writer of the lyrics (often times even solo) and AND also credited as the co-writer of the music on many of her songs, the majority even.

So, would My All have sounded different without Walter... I agree .. it probably would have. But I believe that the differences would not have been gigantic. It would not have been a completely different song. I don't think so.

Madonna fans often claim that Mariah's music always sounds the same... it one big song... dragged out over 15 studio album. Well, Walter was only involved in 6 or 7 of them... so... the ever same song or songs... sounding the same... with the only connecting factor being Mariah while the real songwriters changed... there is your answer, I assume.
      My Chart

Comment

• Can somebody explain Mimi's last IG story? Looks like Miss Monroe is singing One sweet Day?

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
          So off-topic! But does anyone here has this My All/Breakdown CD Single?

https://i.discogs.com/KVX1Zl61JKKHDX...QwLmpwZWc.jpeg

I would need some help about it, could any kind soul please DM me? Thanks!
          I have it, check your DM's!

Comment

• ^ Obh she took it off. Looked like a footage of Monroe on a stage singing (or lipsynching most definitely) One Sweet Day with somebody in a white suit. It didn't sound like Mimi's voice but it was way too good and trained to think it was Monroe's one. Maybe was part of a trailer that they accidentally leaked?

Comment

• Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post
              Can somebody explain Mimi's last IG story? Looks like Miss Monroe is singing One sweet Day?
              I think she deleted it cause I don’t see nothing there

Comment

• ^ Yes she deleted it but I can tell you something is coming!

Comment

• I hope Mariah works with Walter in the near future.
                  Walter's recognized by everyone as a topnotch producer.
                  They would probably create another masterpiece together...
                  Mariah Carey x BTS
                  #20th No.1

Comment

^ Yes she deleted it but I can tell you something is coming!
                    Oh no, the duet with Roe was real
                    Imagine if it's the first single

Comment

• Well then, expect a better update today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Oh no, the duet with Roe was real
                        Imagine if it's the first single
                        but in the clip Roe was singing Mariah's Part "Never had I imagined..." and there was a man on the stage with her. Like if she was impersonating Mariah. it was kind of surreal.

Comment

• Wasn't it Roe and Wanye from B2M?
                          She sounded great!
                          I can't even know what to say...

Comment

but in the clip Roe was singing Mariah's Part "Never had I imagined..." and there was a man on the stage with her. Like if she was impersonating Mariah. it was kind of surreal.
                            *having a panic attack*

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                              Wasn't it Roe and Wanye from B2M?
                              She sounded great!
                              Hopefully some of those twitter accounts recorded it and saved it

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
                                Wasn't it Roe and Wanye from B2M?
                                She sounded great!
                                Yes it looked like him, but at that point I was so confused I couldn't really decipher reality. Sounded good tho!

Comment

• stevyy u said she was going to slow down to 17M ML and look at the good sis almost reaching 19M now... your tarot game is bleak dahling!

Comment

Yes it looked like him, but at that point I was so confused I couldn't really decipher reality. Sounded good tho!
                                    OSD re-imagined feat. Roe and Wayne, SMASH HIT!

Didn't they (BIIM) acted a lil shady these past years? I remember some things...

Comment

• Are you guys trolling about Roe singing OSD right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

OSD re-imagined feat. Roe and Wayne, SMASH HIT!

Didn't they (BIIM) acted a lil shady these past years? I remember some things...
                                        Probably this ? Old news…

https://youtube.com/shorts/2OoDAdCKFMA?feature=share

Last edited by Xmas; Wed May 18, 2022, 17:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                          Yeah she won a competition to sing with them right?

Comment

Lol Roe could only dream to sing like this girl

Comment

• ^ YES THAT IS WHAT SHE POSTED. Sorry it was a short clip, the kid was almost always turned the other way so I thought it was Monroe. They look very similar!

Comment

^ YES THAT IS WHAT SHE POSTED. Sorry it was a short clip, the kid was almost always turned the other way so I thought it was Monroe. They look very similar!
                                                I think Mariah noticed her in 2021 because of this video. She could be “baby Mariah” in the biopic ? Who knows…

Comment

I think Mariah noticed her in 2021 because of this video. She could be “baby Mariah” in the biopic ? Who knows…

Wow the girl is amazing. I’m stunned. I got goosebumps

Comment

• 19,902,966 ( +394 630) 20 million tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                                    X