Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    All this Walter talk, the real magic between Mariah and Walter that she hasn’t had with any collaborator like Jim or Daniel or Marc are the bridges or middle 8s Mariah and Walter would create together

I mean LTT, CLG, Hero, AYNAF, AIWFCIY, UTS, OSD, even the lessers like WYC had jaw droppingly beautiful bridges, like no shade any of them but they all go from cute to epic thanks to their middle 8s

The only Middle 8s she has that take a track from A to slay without Walter are ABMB, DFAU, and Melt Away, Manuel Seal and Babyface get them too
    On the Questlove podcast I think it was when Mariah said Walter was “a great songwriting partner” and referenced AIWFCIY as an example of how they would write together in terms of coming up with a brilliant bridge.

It astounds me as much as it frustrates me that it has been 25 years since 1997 and she hasn't found someone as compatible with her as he was in terms of writing a terrific bridge/middle 8.

And it's not like Big Jim or Daniel Moore aren't/weren't incredibly talented in their own right. Walter's piano magic took her own incredible melodic magic to places. He really is her other songwriting half, when it comes to writing balladry at least. F*&k!!! Just imagine “Portrait” or “Cry.” written/perfected with Walter.

I think someone that could possibly come close to him writing with Mariah is Bruno. I'm surprised they haven't managed to get into the studio to this day. I have a feeling, as much as he has expressed he is fan, that he's not that eager to collaborate. He's fawning over Janet every chance he gets, but not so much Mariah.
    Last edited by ForeverYoung; Thu May 19, 2022, 07:47.

Comment

• Is it Christmas?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Personally I don't think there's an album coming at all
        anytime soon
        Sadly I agree

Comment

• Yup
          All I Want For Christmas Is You
          iTunes:
          #52 Bulgaria
          #65 Armenia
          #65 Hungary
          #84 Ukraine
          #87 Kazakhstan

" And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Personally I don't think there's an album coming at all
            anytime soon
            I agree, Mariah has spoken more about this Butterfly Lounge project in recent interviews so I'm sure music is coming at some point, but in terms of a studio album I feel like that's not happening for awhile (although I'd love to be wrong)

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post

I agree, Mariah has spoken more about this Butterfly Lounge project in recent interviews so I'm sure music is coming at some point, but in terms of a studio album I feel like that's not happening for awhile (although I'd love to be wrong)
              I sort of feel that the whole butterfly lounge thing was just what we saw in the masterclass. I think people expecting a full album full of duets and reimagined songs are possibly gonna be disappointed.

Comment

I sort of feel that the whole butterfly lounge thing was just what we saw in the masterclass. I think people expecting a full album full of duets and reimagined songs are possibly gonna be disappointed.
                I'm not sure but I think she said somewhere that the masterclass was a glimpse into what The Butterfly Lounge is gonna be but I might be wrong, it's definitely best for us all to keep realistic expectations to avoid disappointment

Comment

• This song remains so underrated to this day. I refuse to aknowledge the official version JD ruined with his rambling.

Comment

• BER was not listed in the UK midweek wednesday update. It means the song didn't increase this week. It probably is #22 or #23.
                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Setting aside the fact that it showed up a day after I said the Black Irish team is bad at marketing, here comes a brief Rolling Stone write-up about it.

And they haven’t capitalized on it. Tim Chan talked about its versatility, how it came to be, how it’s different from other celebrity liquor brands, and how Irish cream works for summer cocktails. Come on, y’all. Make it happen.

https://www.rollingstone.com/product...hotos-1354860/

Comment

I don't think many of us want that kind of album anyway. I personally want an album with new songs, and some interesting collabos.

Comment

• I really want Mimi to work with Marc Shaiman again, and not for a Christmas tune. I bet they can do magic together on a regular song.

Comment

• Walter & Mariah were a great collaboration for that time. They made masterpieces. But if you research his work with other artists, he sound became repetitive. Mariah obviously wanted to change her sound and you have to respect that. She’s a great producer herself and had a different VOL. They made beautiful music but she knew it was time to creatively go in a different direction. I remember in the 90’s, I’d hear a song not by Mariah and know that WF put his stamp on it. They all had the same sound and feel.
                            http://marcokircher.com
                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                            IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                              19,902,966 ( +394 630) 20 million tomorrow
                              Yes!

Hopefully we're getting a 400K update to make it up for the Monday update.
                              We're always so close!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                I think someone that could possibly come close to him writing with Mariah is Bruno. I'm surprised they haven't managed to get into the studio to this day. I have a feeling, as much as he has expressed he is fan, that he's not that eager to collaborate. He's fawning over Janet every chance he gets, but not so much Mariah.
                                Well, I mean, he didn't even react to this tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by myworld View Post
                                  I always thought as TBL as MC16.
                                  Waiting for TBL + another album with new songs this year was totally a reach.
                                  And TBL will be a studio album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                    I don't think many of us want that kind of album anyway. I personally want an album with new songs, and some interesting collabos.
                                    I'm one of those that want an album that kind of way for this year.

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                    BER was not listed in the UK midweek wednesday update. It means the song didn't increase this week. It probably is #22 or #23.
                                    Well, with Eurovision + new releases that was expected I guess.
                                    Going higher next week!

---

LMAO at Latto promoting Black Irish during the BBMAs (she mentioned it in 3 interviews from the ones I've seen).

Latto reveals what a girls night with Mariah Carey is like | Etalk Red Carpet

P.S. She's gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Well, I mean, he didn't even react to this tweet.

Right.

He praised OSD once and even mentioned SIO as a direct inspiration for his last album (not the one with Anderson Paak), but he never responded to her on that tweet or even shouted her out any other time or something. If it had been Janet on the other hand…

Comment

I always thought as TBL as MC16.
                                        Waiting for TBL + another album with new songs this year was totally a reach.
                                        And TBL will be a studio album.
                                        I always took TBL to be a creative space where Mariah began collaborating with her band, guests, then producers, other artists etc. There seemed to be no focus as to what the output would be or how it would come out. Could be reimagined songs with guests, could be some new songs, could be some project we haven’t even heard of yet. But I don’t necessarily feel TBL was specifically going to be a brand new album of music. I think it’s been a case of let’s see what comes out of if and go from there.

I’m keeping my expectations very low for what might or might not be coming. If it’s a new album, great. But I’m not hopeful for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                          Right.
                                          He praised OSD once and even mentioned SIO as a direct inspiration for his last album (not the one with Anderson Paak), but he never responded to her on that tweet or even shouted her out any other time or something.
                                          Oh, I missed that!
                                          Is there a link?

Comment

• Yeah The Butterfly Lounge was a creative space, never an album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

I always took TBL to be a creative space where Mariah began collaborating with her band, guests, then producers, other artists etc. There seemed to be no focus as to what the output would be or how it would come out. Could be reimagined songs with guests, could be some new songs, could be some project we haven’t even heard of yet. But I don’t necessarily feel TBL was specifically going to be a brand new album of music. I think it’s been a case of let’s see what comes out of if and go from there.

I’m keeping my expectations very low for what might or might not be coming. If it’s a new album, great. But I’m not hopeful for that.
                                              True. She talked about it the same way you expressed here. For me TBL was more like a documentary thing but she didn't let clear what the project was exactly about. Also she explained that the Masterclass was a hint of this, but who knows.
                                              I wish that she releases a single soon, but there is no indication or signal of that.
                                              All we have is the SHOF induction in 2 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post

Yeah, I mean I'm just supossing based on the MasterClass and the final output that was the re-imagined version of The Roof.
                                                I always thought the MasterClass was part of TBL, AKA, what we're seeing on the M is what TBL is going to be about.
                                                Add to that all the rumors about collabos (Clarck S, Shawn, Maxwell, even Anitta with some hints).
                                                I guess it's gonna be her next studio album, but at the same time on the live insta 2 weeks ago she said she was still writing songs, so, I guess we'll see when she decides to drop it. Till then is all speculation and fun. I've learned to manage my expectations with the years

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                  All we have is the SHOF induction in 2 weeks
                                                  A bit more, it's taking place on June 16th, almost 1 month.

Comment

I've learned to manage my expectations with the years
                                                    This should be emphasized.
                                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X