Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    I don't care who's in her team, I look at the results.

The past few years have been filled with very promising ventures but it never seems as though the promotion and quality of promotion lived up to a stature of a legend legacy artist.

* Book Release (it was never going to be an Obama size seller but outside of the lambs, no one knows about this)
    * Rarities (they're very wrong to release this with the Daydream Tour so close to the book release, it didn't have its moment to really shine. These should've been 2 albums promoted with stronger physical and vinyl push).
    * AIWFCIY Special 1 and 2 (I would argue the impact of these specials are overated, last year's in particular was like all that budget for that 8 min thing?)
    * Fall In Love At Christmas Time (clearly not what the general public wants from her or they barely know it was out)
    * Big Energy Remix (they botched the release date and then take the fans on a ride with promises of some supposed 3-prong attack, no BBMA performance and still nothing visual to help it).
    * Masterclass (too expensive even for the fans, that Brandy thing went nowhere)

They over-estimate the power of the lambs. They can only buy so much and there's just so few of us around.....and then what are you left with? A forgotten project that I think no-one really refers to much anymore.

All of these moments in a proper marketing push with a level of investment and playlist would be able to break through to the general public conscious.

Out of all the projects this Big Energy Remix is the closest thing she has of breaking through and yet it almost seems as though what she said about wanting that 20th #1 and being a long shot was all based on the first or 2nd week performance.....LOL. Hopefully the non-credit in the US is a wake-up call for her and her team that she has absolutely 0 streaming power. This is what you get for squandering a decade in music....it moves very quickly
    loving all your recent posts

Comment

• Mariah Carey "The Queen Of R&B"

Comment

• So what is it with Mariah collabs to take forever for clearance? Latto couldn't put the remix on the album and the song was randomly released on a Monday, now Anitta has to wait for the clearance to even release a deluxe

Could the collab also be MC16 lead single at the same time?

Comment

• Yeah no, this place went from praising the amount of effort she put in to repairing her image starting with the Genius interview and continued up until the book release, The rarities, Christmas show etc. What she did during the pandemic promotion wise was commendable and we were all talking about how lucky we were as fans that we received soo much content during that time for someone over 30 years into her career.

BER is not her song the same way Ariana and Jennifer also barely promoted Oh Santa.

She doesn’t even have a project out of her own and there are melt downs about promotion?

it’s exhausting reading this thread these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
            So what is it with Mariah collabs to take forever for clearance? Latto couldn't put the remix on the album and the song was randomly released on a Monday, now Anitta has to wait for the clearance to even release a deluxe

Could the collab also be MC16 lead single at the same time?
            It definitely sounds like label issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

It definitely sounds like label issues.
              Mariah always has label issues....

why doesn't she just go independent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                So... today I received a few CDs that I bought online last week and when I opened the box I saw the seller sent me as a gift a brand new, sealed Glitter cassette straight from 2001 Dude, I don't know who you are but I love you.
                OMG what a gem! Where did u buy it Sebas?

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  Mariah's biggest songs this decade:

01 - 46,863,195 - 2020 - Oh Santa Remix*
                  02 - 20,296,994 - 2022 - Big Energy Remix
                  03 - 8,372,412 - 2021 - Fall In Love at Christmas*
                  04 - 6,571,473 - 2020 - Save The Day*
                  05 - 3,201,960 - 2020 - Where I Belong*

* had a music video.
                  A MV could really push the song.
                  I guess it's up to Latto's team, but it's clear they prefer to push the OG for now, and I understand that.
                  Maybe when it's falling they will start to pay attention to the Remix more.

Anyway, 20M streams in 7 weeks is an amazing feat for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    I am still dying to hear Mariah’s version of “Malibu”
                    Same!

Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    Stunning

God the #B era was so much fun, that song is a stone groove classic
                    Yes!
                    The Era was fab till the accident which ruined everything.
                    And also I would have loved to have one great live performance of the song, all of them were pretty messy.

#B remains one her best

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    It is obvious that Mariah will release something this year.
                    AIW Extra Brazilian Festive Version feat. Anitta is coming y'all

j/k, well she already "released" The Roof with Brandy which I think it will be part of "something", I guess we're getting more of those things this year.

Comment

• Here's the audio:

Anitta Reveals Why She CAN'T Release Mariah Carey Collab! (2022)

*Turn the subtitles on.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                        Yeah no, this place went from praising the amount of effort she put in to repairing her image starting with the Genius interview and continued up until the book release, The rarities, Christmas show etc. What she did during the pandemic promotion wise was commendable and we were all talking about how lucky we were as fans that we received soo much content during that time for someone over 30 years into her career.

BER is not her song the same way Ariana and Jennifer also barely promoted Oh Santa.

She doesn’t even have a project out of her own and there are melt downs about promotion?

it’s exhausting reading this thread these days.
                        Welcome to UKMix and the (well, some) "lambs"

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

At the end of the day I'd much rather her continue releasing new projects even if they die quick if the alternative is not releasing new material. I agree with you though that there do often seem to be some missed opportunities each era.
                          Yes, yes, me too sorry if i got the message confused. It is just frustrating seeing good projects being ignored

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Here's the audio:

Anitta Reveals Why She CAN'T Release Mariah Carey Collab! (2022)

*Turn the subtitles on.
                            I wonder why artists keep having problem to release music with Mariah. I dont knkw how things works in label, but if somebody can shed some light

Comment

• Well, Mariah herself has clearance problembs with her own stuff, I guess that's why MC30 stopped. It's not her fault.

Comment

Well, Mariah herself has clearance problembs with her own stuff, I guess that's why MC30 stopped. It's not her fault.
                                Yeah, I'm not saying she is the problem, but i would love to know how things work, that she records her voice and then has problem to clearance. I really dont know how this works It is just i want to learn

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                  Yeah, I'm not saying she is the problem, but i would love to know how things work, that she records her voice and then has problem to clearance. I really dont know how this works It is just i want to learn
                                  I know bae, I just pointing out that it doesn't happen only with her collabos but also herself w/ her own stuff.
                                  It must be a nightmare.

Comment

• Down to #8 in Australia.

Hopefully #6 wasn't its peak

Comment

• Kind of frustrating that If Kendrick hadn't released his album this week she would have been #5

Comment

I wonder why artists keep having problem to release music with Mariah. I dont knkw how things works in label, but if somebody can shed some light
                                        Latto had problems too

Comment

• Originally posted by w1llll View Post
                                          Kind of frustrating that If Kendrick hadn't released his album this week she would have been #5
                                          Yes.
                                          Maybe the song bounces back next week but she's lost like 3K-ish daily streams these past days.
                                          If they're really interested in the chart performance in Australia they can discount the song like they did in the UK for example.
                                          The Remix is a hit on radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                            Latto had problems too
                                            Everyone has had, even new artists.
                                            Imagine Mariah with a 32 yo career.
                                            As Queen would say, sh1t happens.
                                            Hopefully they can fix it.

Comment

• Btw, Harry just released his new album tonight so expect another album bomb next week

Comment

Everyone has had, even new artists.
                                                Imagine Mariah with a 32 yo career.
                                                As Queen would say, sh1t happens.
                                                Hopefully they can fix it.
                                                It is a contract stuff or something?

Comment

Mariah always has drama ....

MESS!

Comment

• I don't know why now they're attacking Mariah 'cause this. It's a clearance/label thing. It's not up to her. It happens to everyone basically.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X