No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charts have become so stupid with multiple top 10 debuts by the same act... that's something which was impossible during Mariah's peak.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      charts have become so stupid with multiple top 10 debuts by the same act... that's something which was impossible during Mariah's peak.
      The streaming era is a mess

Comment

charts have become so stupid with multiple top 10 debuts by the same act... that's something which was impossible during Mariah's peak.
        Yes the points per stream is clearly too high right now. A new big album with multiple top 10s does not reflect the 10 biggest songs of the moment clearly.

With the evolution of airplay, sales and now streaming, through the years, Billboard always seem to be several years behind before they change the chart formula again to reflect the current music landscape.

Comment

I agree.

Not to mention the amount of #1 debuts this decade, it's ridiculous.

Comment

• It’s getting ridiculous. Next week all Harry’s songs gonna debut and the charts will consist of Harry’s, bad buddy and Kendrick songs only.

I miss when only the singles could chart, so we had a very diverse list and many different genres could enter.

now if you don’t have a fanatic young fanbase that will stream like insane 24h playing your song each person you can’t even crack the top100

Comment

• Originally posted by Dash08 View Post
              Yes the points per stream is clearly too high right now. A new big album with multiple top 10s does not reflect the 10 biggest songs of the moment clearly.

With the evolution of airplay, sales and now streaming, through the years, Billboard always seem to be several years behind before they change the chart formula again to reflect the current music landscape.
              I agree with this.

Comment

• I think BB should limit the amount of songs that can simultaneously chart by 1 artist to three songs only. Then they could still get their flowers, but this overflow of songs in the charts by 1 person stops.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                  It’s getting ridiculous. Next week all Harry’s songs gonna debut and the charts will consist of Harry’s, bad buddy and Kendrick songs only.

I miss when only the singles could chart, so we had a very diverse list and many different genres could enter.

now if you don’t have a fanatic young fanbase that will stream like insane 24h playing your song each person you can’t even crack the top100
                  a weighting points system or sth could also be introduced to put more emphasize on the singles while decreasing the points of albums tracks.

My Chart

Comment

• Why is she trending? LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dash08 View Post

A much lower cap on the number of streams from one user that could be counted towards the charts per day/week would be a great move. Sales and radio would mean a lot more in the total. More established artists with fans that aren't kids would be on much more level ground (the kids stream music in the background of everything they do, I know I did). Also, songs that were heavily playlisted/promoted (singles) to a broad audience would rise above the album cuts.

Comment

• I agree that it is messy to have all songs from one album charting. Even when they get streams, they are already counting for the album (as it should) but shouldnt be for the Singles chart...
                        I would say that songs should have a push in all three formats (sales, streams and airplay) to be considered. Or getting the official "single" release status rather than the album track status.

On the other hand, I didnt like back when a song needed a physicl release to chart, so even when they were mosnter hits they do not have single history!

Not easy, but current reality is messy,
                        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I am a little confused on information (I know, rumours) about a Cardi B feat in june and then a single in july and album in the summer... unless the thing with cardi is similar to the brandy thing or latto: just something there but not a full scope of release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                            I am a little confused on information (I know, rumours) about a Cardi B feat in june and then a single in july and album in the summer... unless the thing with cardi is similar to the brandy thing or latto: just something there but not a full scope of release.
                            Who knows what’s the truth at this point? But the rumours is Mariah gonna be featured in Cardi B’s new single coming in mid-June

Comment

• E=mc2 is her best album. Should stand at 20 billion streams (on spotify alone).

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Who knows what’s the truth at this point? But the rumours is Mariah gonna be featured in Cardi B’s new single coming in mid-June
                                What is the source of this rumour?
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                  I agree that it is messy to have all songs from one album charting. Even when they get streams, they are already counting for the album (as it should) but shouldnt be for the Singles chart...
                                  I would say that songs should have a push in all three formats (sales, streams and airplay) to be considered. Or getting the official "single" release status rather than the album track status.

On the other hand, I didnt like back when a song needed a physicl release to chart, so even when they were mosnter hits they do not have single history!

Not easy, but current reality is messy,
                                  Its not a singles chart and hasn't even for years. It was rebranded as a songs chart which is why all songs are eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

What is the source of this rumour?
                                    Twitter… so unreliable. Mariah doesn’t “feature” anymore either so it would have to be credited as “Cardi B x Mariah”

Cardi B herself said she’s excited and confident about her lead single coming out, but didn’t say if it would have a featured artist.

Comment

• It's kinda funny to me how people think for some reason Mariah is going to be featured on the lead single of everyone's album. People have been saying this before Adele released lol. These twitter accounts just make up anything to get followed and shared.

Comment

• Cardi B rumours are so early 2019. Bye.
                                        Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I hate Cardi B's music. Mimi should stay away.
                                          My Chart

Comment

It's kinda funny to me how people think for some reason Mariah is going to be featured on the lead single of everyone's album. People have been saying this before Adele released lol. These twitter accounts just make up anything to get followed and shared.
                                            Mariah is THE IT girl right now.
                                            My Chart

Comment

I hate Cardi B's music. Mimi should stay away.
                                              Really? I love her. I would love a collab between both kf them. Im 99% sure the rumours are fake but i wish they did smth together at some point

Comment

I hate Cardi B's music. Mimi should stay away.
                                                She will cos there's no way she has been asked to be on Cardis lead single

Comment

• Yeah I just can't see these hottest artists putting her into one of their lead or big singles. If they want commercial success which is clearly what most of these artists want then legends like Mimi are posion. Their labels won't allow it.

There's a reason why Mariah is only able to feature up and coming rappers in her remixes and songs recently like A No No Remix and Big Energy Remix.

Folks like Megan, Cardi, Doja, Ariana, Anitta, Lil Nas X, Drake...etc. will not feature Mariah on their leads.

Comment

Its not a singles chart and hasn't even for years. It was rebranded as a songs chart which is why all songs are eligible.
                                                    ok, get it. Let me then change my wording. I don't find it interesting and exiting today's songs charts, building history from previous singles Charts. I would enjoy again a singles Charts as the official, and keep the songs charts for whoever wants to check them.

I miss singles charts, and music history was distorted big time. I know history always got kind of distorted as through history music consumption changed, so formulas changed, but moving from singles to songs was a bigger change and made charts boring for me.

I do like that for the albums charts they are counting streams, as that's the way albums are consumed nowadays.

sorry, this is not about mariah so will stop it here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X