Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

I like a few JLO songs like If You Had My Love, Love Don't Cost a Thing, Get Right. She can definately dance and is a double threat.

XTina I've always liked though it's the way she sings these days that is just very off-putting. Please sing the god damn melody and do not introduce a chainsaw into your runs please. Her discgraphy from the debut to Back to Basics is very strong.
    It is sometimes very hard for me to separate the artist from the fans. Sometimes the fans are so vile that I lose all joy and interest in playing said acts. But then after some more time, I forget my anger and enjoy them again.
    My Chart

Comment

• yesterday 20,695,801
      today 21,113 ,517 +( 417 716)

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
        yesterday 20,695,801
        today 21,113 ,517 +( 417 716)
        Excellent numbers!

Also, imagine if streaming was available in the 90s and how many top 10s Mariah would have had.

Comment

• yassssss, 417k. great. The past 3 weeks have been good.
          My Chart

Comment

• Comment

• Come thru with the + update.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I wouldn't reject such a song either... but she is not my first choice for a collabo. <3
                I can make a list with 20 better features/collaborators tbh.
                As someone said, that's so 2019/ANN mess.
                Her last releases didn't do that good neither.
                I'm really tired of these Megan, Doja, Nicki, Cardi & Co. collabos, since they don't bring anything new and it's always the same 'ol same 'ol.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

A much lower cap on the number of streams from one user that could be counted towards the charts per day/week would be a great move. Sales and radio would mean a lot more in the total. More established artists with fans that aren't kids would be on much more level ground (the kids stream music in the background of everything they do, I know I did). Also, songs that were heavily playlisted/promoted (singles) to a broad audience would rise above the album cuts.
                  It is capped. At ten per day. They don't just count all the binge streaming ..
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

With the exception of that boyband, I listen to all of Mariah's enemies from time to time.
                    I listen to Xtina a lot, but only her early work.
                    Stripped was a masterpiece and Back To Basics another one.
                    She totally lost me after that for multiple reasons tho.

And I like 1 M&M song. Plus her duets with RiRi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      I think Ariana is talented and I don't enter any discussion with them. I wouldn't mind her doing great, as I do not love mariah for her stats, so they can be beaten and still I would find her accomplishments outstanding. So I only get caught from the artistry point, and Ariana is cool and deserves success as far as I see her.

xina and jlo on the other hand I find they are artistically not even one but a big number of steps behind, so that's when I get chills when I read those fandoms even trying. I listen to them anyway, I enjoy them, but its not the same league.
                      Ariana has improved a lot, especially musicianship-wise and also tonally-wise, finally she found "her tone".
                      I love all her albums but she totally got me in a stan mode with Positions (probably 'cause it reminds me of Caution).

Comment

• But guys if the singles chart had never changed to a song chart you'd never have had that chart entry for Migrate you all constantly reference;)

Comment

• Can the lovely user that usually post the Amazon update for OG and Remix give us the current numbers? I always forgot his/her name

Comment

• Honestly! If Mariah had an album that ever song appeared on Spotify top 15, you'd it love it, and go to every other artist thread saying it
                            You need to move into 2022, not stuck in the 90s
                            Last edited by wave; Sat May 21, 2022, 18:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by wave View Post
                              Honestly! If Mariah had an album that ever song appeared on Spotify top 15, you'd it love it, and go to every other artist thread saying it
                              We live in 2022 and we don't do that when she dominates 3 month-ish every year on the Charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

We live in 2022 and we don't do that when she dominates 3 month-ish every year on the Charts.
                                You've just said it, when and only at Xmas lol. You lot critical of others doing it 11 months of the year

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  But guys if the singles chart had never changed to a song chart you'd never have had that chart entry for Migrate you all constantly reference;)
                                  nobody references that outside of fighting people who are claiming that the song was unpopular (as a singles choice) to which the song entry is used as a fact that it was VERY popular... do not twist context.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by wave View Post
                                    Honestly! If Mariah had an album that ever song appeared on Spotify top 15, you'd it love it, and go to every other artist thread saying it
                                    I would do it on atrl to fight those who claim that she is a fad. And I think those people would deserve it.
                                    My Chart

Comment

nobody references that outside of fighting people who are claiming that the song was unpopular (as a singles choice) to which the song entry is used as a fact that it was VERY popular... do not twist context.
                                      And nobody references the album bombs except disgruntled users on pop forums lol. Do you think anyone on the street cares if Harry has ten songs on the hot 100 in the US? The context is the exact same

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

And nobody references the album bombs except disgruntled users on pop forums lol. Do you think anyone on the street cares if Harry has ten songs on the hot 100 in the US? The context is the exact same
                                          people on the streets do not come in this thread and say Migrate was the least popular track on the album, to which we respond, well it charted at #92 in the usa in 2008.

in general, nobody in the gp cares about charts. Charts have become a promotional tool with no significance within themselves anymore.

Back in the day... it was different. If you didn't own song xy or album xy which was at #1 or hugely popular at the time... people did give you a side eye.

thanks to streaming, music itself has become the promo tool and everyone has and or can make their own charts aka playlists.
                                          My Chart

Comment

i've never seen us invading other acts threads to shade them with our faves success... it usually starts by InFamous writing up a very unflattering and uncalled for opinion on the Mariah fans, or aRat shading her every season by claiming the song would flop this season. It is only then I feel obliged to post the weekly stats in the pop thread or something.
                                            My Chart

Comment

people on the streets do not come in this thread and say Migrate was the least popular track on the album, to which we respond, well it charted at #92 in the usa in 2008.

in general, nobody in the gp cares about charts. Charts have become a promotional tool with no significance within themselves anymore.

Back in the day... it was different. If you didn't own song xy or album xy which was at #1 or hugely popular at the time... people did give you a side eye.

thanks to streaming, music itself has become the promo tool and everyone has and or can make their own charts aka playlists.
                                              And thanks to streaming Mariah has a number one every december. She benefits as much as anyone else arguably far more.

Comment

Can the lovely user that usually post the Amazon update for OG and Remix give us the current numbers? I always forgot his/her name
                                                loverboy01 lol

Comment

• I will only say that mariah is that bitch and relevant when haters coming to her forum to talk shit about her. Thats because they see her as a thread. I find it kind of flattery

Comment

• It‘s sad that they are not pushing the song (BER) in Europe! Many non-MC-fans came up to me and told me about the „new Mariah Carey song which is played on the radio“!

They like the song a lot, especially its simplicity.

It could have been so easy for MC to have had more success in Europe. She just had to be more openminded regarding her sound.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X