No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely off topic but I watched the Tina documentary last night and it was so powerful and well made. I need this for Mariah, her story is just as interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

It’s the ultimate diss track and probably my favorite. It’s Christian/Gospel-dissing if you will, lol. We love everyone and we wish them well... rising above hate and hateful thoughts/desires towards a person.

“So the more you curse me
      The more you're blessing me
      The Word said it
      Love your enemies
      Do good to those who curse you
      Pray for those who mistreat you”
      This is why I love it too. It’s a very classy Christian read.

How she weaves together scripture into a coherent story to tell someone to puss off is so well done I’m in awe of it.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

How she weaves together scripture into a coherent story to tell someone to puss off is so well done I’m in awe of it.
        Plus her vocals are on point!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          Completely off topic but I watched the Tina documentary last night and it was so powerful and well made. I need this for Mariah, her story is just as interesting.
          I definitely think Mariah is overdue for a good documentary. I am not counting that Glitter mess that people put together a couple years ago.

I think one of the things I loved about TEOM era is just how many behind the scenes, "creation of", specials we got. It added something special to the music and all that was going on.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I definitely think Mariah is overdue for a good documentary. I am not counting that Glitter mess that people put together a couple years ago.

I think one of the things I loved about TEOM era is just how many behind the scenes, "creation of", specials we got. It added something special to the music and all that was going on.
            she had real momentum then. I remember watching the release of the album in the USA and it was a gigantic event with a live concert on TV and then several more live interviews afterwards... it felt like she was an athlete and won a big title or sth and suddenly everyone wanted something from her.

The whole atmosphere around her then was so positive and exciting. The release of TEOM was an event. Every single day during week 1 and 2 there was some special on TV about her or the album... good times.
            My Chart

Comment

• I've just discovered this masterpiece:

This version is so delicious! I'm listening on repeat!
              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Ooh - that's a nice version!
                Sweetheart The Dance is one of my faves - I cannot even remember if that was part of the Discography Rate or what I gave it.

But this version is addictive.
                Last edited by InfoFromAus; Thu April 1, 2021, 09:35.
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Mariah was worki ng last night at 4.25 am. Ana her make up artist put that on instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post

It’s the ultimate diss track and probably my favorite. It’s Christian/Gospel-dissing if you will, lol. We love everyone and we wish them well... rising above hate and hateful thoughts/desires towards a person.

“So the more you curse me
                    The more you're blessing me
                    The Word said it
                    Love your enemies
                    Do good to those who curse you
                    Pray for those who mistreat you”
                    Yeah thats not a diss, it references the bible

Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

I recently replied the I Wish You Well lyrics to a homophobic Christian that was saying I was going to hell and deserved to die. He was so confused...
                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• OMG! She just dropped Skydiving. IT’S AMAZING!

It sounds so different to the demo and her vocals are fire!!

someone link it, I don’t know how!

Comment

OMG! She just dropped Skydiving. IT’S AMAZING!

Ooooh... someone's not going to be happy.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

where ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

where ?
                              It was just a lame April Fools’

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Ooooh... someone's not going to be happy.
                                Haha. I’m going to be hunted down!

Comment

It was just a lame April Fools’
                                  After all the trouble you caused yesterday now this

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

After all the trouble you caused yesterday now this

Comment

Haha. I’m going to be hunted down!
                                      Will it be worth it?!

Probably...

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Will it be worth it?!

Probably...
                                        I’m waiting... with heavy beads of sweat dropping down my face haha

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          I think she hates Prisoner and You Need Me much more than Someday
                                          She won’t even mention their names
                                          Yeah

Btw, Prisoner has the best F5 belt that I've ever heard probably.

2:48 so free and perfectly placed, plus the power, the tone, the lil rasp at the end of the vibrato. Stunning vocal moment.

I love this song

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            I need that HATEU So So Def remix on streaming
                                            Same!

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                            Completely off topic but I watched the Tina documentary last night and it was so powerful and well made. I need this for Mariah, her story is just as interesting.
                                            Not a fan of Tina but I'm gonna watch it 'cause the story, it's getting amazing reviews.
                                            Last edited by Shaka; Thu April 1, 2021, 12:34.

Comment

• I think there's a difference between a shady/read song and a diss track.

But I'm leaving it here.

Comment

Wait, where is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                  I think there's a difference between a shady/read song and a diss track.

But I'm leaving it here.
                                                  Agreed. But I am also not getting into another 7 hour discussion today. I have things to do !!!

Comment

Plus her vocals are on point!
                                                    I love the rawness of it all.
                                                    Not a diss track for me tho.
                                                    She was telling some truth!
                                                    Also I like how she left some "imperfections", it adds to the genuineness & authenticity of the message.
                                                    And the whistles, so perfectly placed
                                                    I would have loved a live performance of this song, maybe changing the arrangement for the hardest parts, but she was brave enough during Einstein to attempt it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X