X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
    Stereogum's Number Ones column has now covered "My All":

https://www.stereogum.com/2189039/th...e-number-ones/
    I’ve been waiting for this. Thank you for sharing it.

I wish someone would do an in-depth analysis of Fourth Of July. It’s one of her sexiest and most intricate songs ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Yes, of course my love. I heart you, stevy.
      aww. kisses and hugs to you too, my hero.
      My Chart

Comment

• So we can safely say that the Nostradamus account is fake?

Comment

Have you tried it?
          Not available here

Hate the fact that most of her new projects are US based (non-music related).

She first abandoned us in 2016 and then she gave us nothing

Comment

They’re really good together. Kris Buckle mentioned the combo when Black Irish first came out. I thought it was the craziest thing, until I tried it.

Salted Caramel is bae, though. It’s perfect in desserts and breakfast pastries. I’ve made banana pudding (my Memorial Day guests loved it), Belgian waffles, Dutch baby, and I’m planning to make a chocolate church cake with it this summer.

White Chocolate is best in eggnog and milkshakes. I made eggnog cupcakes with it during the holidays, and it was bomb.
            I need all these recipes!!

Comment

• Let me preface this by saying I certainly don't think she owes anyone anything at this point, nor did I personally had super high hopes for an album this year (I did not, trust me)..... BUT

“My best work is being done right now because I get to live in the studio, like I was with Butterfly, like I was with Mimi. I’m not writing this to try and make a hit, I’m writing this to be real”.

those were her words this time last year talking about her work on TBL on a Twitter Space. Fast forward to a whole f$#king year later and she still has nothing to release basically? So all this passionate work, her "best work," in line with how she put together Butterfly and TEOM — again, I'm quoting her, not speaking out of my ass — is pretty much re-recording the odd song off her back catalog or writing a new Christmas song? WTF??!??

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Not available here

Facts! When it was first announced I was so excited but I can’t get it here either. I actually think it’s the perfect side project for her in regards to the holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                  I’m ok with a new song this year and then Christmas. I have lowered my expectations to the minimum.

The Roof feat Brandy was a missed opportunity. I really doubt she’s going to release it.

If she’s being featured on other artists records, then we’ll have a few songs coming our way soon. We have the Anitta collabo confirmed, and we also have rumors about Cardi and The Weeknd. So, if she indeed has these coming, there’s no time for an album and then Christmas.
                  Yeah, I knew an album this year wasn't happening - other than TBL (whatever that is/was). Maybe we're going to have it in The Rarities 3.0 or something in 2040.

On a serious note, she could just release an EP.
                  I guess at this point she has some songs/collabos finished.
                  4 tracks would be enough!

Anitta and Cardi are basically confirmed, also Shawn, but idk about The Weeknd I don't think so... which were the hints?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                    Let me preface this by saying I certainly don't think she owes anyone anything at this point, nor did I personally had super high hopes for an album this year (I did not, trust me)..... BUT

“My best work is being done right now because I get to live in the studio, like I was with Butterfly, like I was with Mimi. I’m not writing this to try and make a hit, I’m writing this to be real”.

those were her words this time last year talking about her work on TBL on a Twitter Space. Fast forward to a whole f$#king year later and she still has nothing to release basically? So all this passionate work, her "best work," in line with how she put together Butterfly and TEOM — again, I'm quoting her, not speaking out of my ass — is pretty much re-recording the odd song off her back catalog or writing a new Christmas song? WTF??!??

That’s what you got? She’s said multiple times she’s writing songs. But she’s definitely taking her time.

Comment

Well, that leaves only two international lambs I’m sending bottles of Black Irish to.
                      I wasnt talking about u dahhhling!!! lol i dont have anything againts u. I was talking about someone you and me both have on our ignore list

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Not available here

She first abandoned us in 2016 and then she gave us nothing
                        Her music is also US centered... or when was the last time she promoted sth outside of it? Caution tour where she performed like 3 songs from the album doesn't count... or we could call her xmas show the music box or emotions tour bc she is singing those songs too.
                        My Chart

Comment

• I really need Rarities part 2. She has so many songs left that she could give us, starting with those 2 CB re-release songs, There for Me, whatever Angels Advocate was, SUD (even only 2 re-recorded songs)... etc.

PLUS if she wants to include another live album, she could pull a Whitney and attach a live CD with her "greatest" live performances, including sth like FLAB from the Grammys or all of her 5 (?) SNL performances, her early Grammy performances etc.

Rarities part 2 is actually a pretty do-able project at this point, because there IS still music to be released... I hope she does it one day.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            So we can safely say that the Nostradamus account is fake?
                            Clearly. None of these twitter "insiders" know anything tangabile. They piece together bits and pieces of gossip and make very random tweets which may happen to be correct. Or in this case with Mariah practically none of what they said was correct.
                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                              Let me preface this by saying I certainly don't think she owes anyone anything at this point, nor did I personally had super high hopes for an album this year (I did not, trust me)..... BUT

100% this!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Clearly. None of these twitter "insiders" know anything tangabile. They piece together bits and pieces of gossip and make very random tweets which may happen to be correct. Or in this case with Mariah practically none of what they said was correct.
                                Wasn’t there something they got right back in April?

Comment

Wasn’t there something they got right back in April?
                                  No idea tbh, they have said so much one or two things were bound to be right, but its pure coincidence.
                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• That's why never trust Mariah. All these twitter spaces and fan chats are just raising expectations unnecessary. I mean if she had delivered then OK but up until this point the only thing that was a pleasant surprise was the Big Energy Remix (the no promo is another story).

She's turning into Sade. At this point expect 1 new studio album every decade only.

The whole focus on droplets or single projects screams the precursor period to MIAM. Ew.

She better release a new song before Christmas or else the Big Energy and SHOF seems like another wasted opportunity to create traction.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                      It’s always the same users, that i have put in the ignore list a while ago because of their behavior. Do not pay attention to them. It’s a shame we get to see their posts when someone quotes them, though.
                                      Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                      That was my bad, but it wont happen again because i just put him on the ignore list hopefully we all do that so he doesnt have anyone to talk to in this thread
                                      Gentle reminder, folks, that discussing folks on your ignore lists defeats the purpose of ignore lists. Add whoever you see fit to them and move on. Thanks!

Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
                                      Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
                                      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
                                      AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
                                      The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R5]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

• I wonder if we will have a new release at least soon with someone else. I need something else till xmas

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

its pure coincidence.
                                          I feel the same way...

Comment

• Comment

• I don't know how I feel about all these multiple projects. Clearly everything is still in the oven and nothing is baked. Shame.

At this point if she doesn't take advantage of the next two momment then it's clear her and her team are clueless and still drunk on Black Irish or whatever.

1) A new single to capitlise on the Big Energy Remix and SHOF momment. So it needs to come out by the first half of July.

2) Butterfly 25th Anniversary. She really needs to focus on this. If your favorite is turning 25th wouldn't you do something amazing. Other artists have toured their whole album for the 25th anniversary (Alanis, Lauryn HIll). Clearly Mariah is not going to do this but at least a special re-release/re-package with bonus tracks, vinyl or physical push, merch and social media momments and commercial advertisement.

Comment

• She is looking way younger than her age... Can't believe she is over 50
                                                She has such a resilient skin...

Comment

• This Spaces is a mess......tangents galore.

But the part when she said "You Like This" , that sounds exactly like the first time she said it.

Imagine her doing a new song with that line as a sample. M&M will be found in the gutter once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                                    I want a TV concert like Kelly Clarkson did with few guests! Of course it would be great to have ariana and jhud there and promote Oh santa as it deserved

I xant believe we thinking about xmas already lol
                                                    Yeah, OS(R) and FILAC deserve actual live performances!
                                                    She can bring some guests, basically everyone would love to be on her show during Xmas season, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X