Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All in your mind is my favorite from her debut album. I can't believe it wasn't released as a single...

    Comment


    • All In Your Mind is gorgeous, it was my absolute favorite for a while too, and sometimes still is

      I think she knows we genuinely love Prisoner, which is why she will half acknowledge its existence now, but she ain’t never said a word about You Need Me

      I’d kill to hear her Ben Margaritas demos

      I find it interesting that the Rhett Lawrence produced songs on the album are the most stripped back aside from Vanishing
      Last edited by allygdale; Mon June 13, 2022, 19:32.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        All in your mind is my favorite from her debut album. I can't believe it wasn't released as a single...
        At the very minimum it deserved to be in a movie. It has that epic 80’s/early 90’s teen movie feel to it

        Comment


        • God, Till The End of Time is definitely my favorite song on Emotions, I really wish she had done it for Unplugged instead of If It’s Over

          One thing I really do miss with Mariah and Walter are their heavenly ethereal moments, and their bridges, not even necessarily the hits

          Like Till The End of Time is magical from the start, but from 2:58 on I still get goosebumps every time

          And of course Music Box the song, Everything Fades Away, AYNAF, and Close My Eyes

          He wasn’t needed for a single uptempo, but their ballads were just undeniably flawless, Tommy really was the Yoko Ono in their songwriting partnership

          Comment


          • Unpopular but All In Your Mind has never been a fave of mine. I find it cheesy as hell.

            Sent From Up Above, Prisoner (if we’re talking deep cuts) >>>
            funny how one can learn
            to grow numb to the madness
            and block it away

            Comment


            • Big Energy remix up to #15 us itunes

              Comment


              • Vision of Love: My favorite song. The song that made me a fan. Love everything about it.

                There's Got To Be A Way: Mariah's answer to Janet's Rhythm Nation. Still relevant today. Would have loved a remix with a dance beat and bigger gospel choir.

                I Don't Wanna Cry: Very underrated. Love the low voice, the latin feel, the drama.

                Someday: Reminds me of Whitney's I Wanna Dance. Great up-tempo, great break/rap, great swing mixes.

                Vanishing: Brilliant by simplicity: just Mariah and a piano. Stunning!

                All In Your Mind: The only song on the album that really had to grow on me. But now it's just another gem on the album. Love the whistles at the end.

                Alone In Love: Reminds me of Gloria Estefan's Can't Stay Away From You. Beautiful song with all the drama I love.

                You Need Me: I don't usually like rock music, but the rock guitar just gives the song enough edge to make it great.

                Sent From Up Above: One of my favorites when I just bought the album. Reminds me of the sweetness of Diana Ross and the Supremes. Got a lot of airplay here in the Netherlands. It was released as the b-side to Love Takes Time, but radio preferred SFUA and played it way more than LTT.

                Prisoner: Reminds me of songs by Taylor Dayne like Tell It To My Heart and Prove Your Love. Such a strong song. Back then I couldn't believe they didn't release it as a single. Love it.

                Love Takes Time: She did some really great live versions of this one. Used to be one of my favorites to sing along with.
                Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

                Comment


                • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  Mariah looks snatched in her last IG story! Those shades are giving Butterfly!
                  She's obviously using a filter but damn, sis looks stunning and so young

                  Of course, HOF induction in 3 days and she will be there snatched af

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                    1. Favorite song on the album: Vanishing
                    2. Song that grown on me: Sent from up above
                    3. Most underrated song: Alone in Love
                    4. Best song on the album: Vanishing
                    See when u have taste

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                      Her eyes are a whole different colour it’s clearly a filter.
                      Lambs gettin' old

                      Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                      29 423 737 +( 312 010 )
                      Sunday's are really bleak.
                      Still better than the last Sunday (up 4K ).

                      Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                      Big Energy remix up to #15 us itunes
                      Dropped 1 spot to #16 but the stability on US iTunes is just I wish that would translate into more streams tho.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Sent From Up Above: One of my favorites when I just bought the album. Reminds me of the sweetness of Diana Ross and the Supremes. Got a lot of airplay here in the Netherlands. It was released as the b-side to Love Takes Time, but radio preferred SFUA and played it way more than LTT.
                        Really?
                        Love to know those things, especially with the tracks from her early days and in different countries/markets.
                        The taste!

                        Comment


                        • OMG I can't choose.

                          Her pen-game is

                          Comment


                          • My ranking:
                            1) Outside
                            2) Close My Eyes
                            3) Looking In
                            4) Petals
                            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                              I can't at Michael Bolton being referred to as "that guy with the long hair" lol
                              It’s better than being known as “that old man who fell asleep during a TV interview”.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                God, Till The End of Time is definitely my favorite song on Emotions, I really wish she had done it for Unplugged instead of If It’s Over

                                One thing I really do miss with Mariah and Walter are their heavenly ethereal moments, and their bridges, not even necessarily the hits

                                Like Till The End of Time is magical from the start, but from 2:58 on I still get goosebumps every time

                                And of course Music Box the song, Everything Fades Away, AYNAF, and Close My Eyes

                                He wasn’t needed for a single uptempo, but their ballads were just undeniably flawless, Tommy really was the Yoko Ono in their songwriting partnership
                                You have had me in an Early 90sRiah mood alllll day.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by LambChild View Post
                                  Unpopular but All In Your Mind has never been a fave of mine. I find it cheesy as hell.

                                  Sent From Up Above, Prisoner (if we’re talking deep cuts) >>>
                                  Prisoner is trash. I said what I said.

                                  Comment


                                  • Did we get any confirmation that Mariah will be attending the HOF induction in person? (Fingers crossed that it won’t be a recorded appearance…)

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                      Did we get any confirmation that Mariah will be attending the HOF induction in person? (Fingers crossed that it won’t be a recorded appearance…)
                                      Sis has been working for decades to be recognized as a songwriter. She WILL be there
                                      Previously known as sYair

                                      Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                      www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                        Really?
                                        Love to know those things, especially with the tracks from her early days and in different countries/markets.
                                        The taste!
                                        I think Till the End of Time was released as a radio single in Costa Rica too. Or something like that
                                        Previously known as sYair

                                        Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                          Big Energy remix up to #15 us itunes
                                          Damn, the longevity. I can't. Her biggest hit in years and she abandoned it just like that.
                                          Previously known as sYair

                                          Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                          www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

                                            Sis has been working for decades to be recognized as a songwriter. She WILL be there
                                            Of course she will. Covid definitely isn't stopping her from attending the thing she has actually planned to attend.
                                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                              God, Till The End of Time is definitely my favorite song on Emotions, I really wish she had done it for Unplugged instead of If It’s Over

                                              One thing I really do miss with Mariah and Walter are their heavenly ethereal moments, and their bridges, not even necessarily the hits

                                              Like Till The End of Time is magical from the start, but from 2:58 on I still get goosebumps every time

                                              And of course Music Box the song, Everything Fades Away, AYNAF, and Close My Eyes

                                              He wasn’t needed for a single uptempo, but their ballads were just undeniably flawless, Tommy really was the Yoko Ono in their songwriting partnership
                                              The bridge of TTEOT is just divine. Legendary songwriting and production work there.

                                              Comment


                                              • I need a Mariah remix of About Damn Time

                                                The Purple Disco Machine remix with Mariah verse and beltlibs
                                                Last edited by allygdale; Tue June 14, 2022, 00:29.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                                                  At the very minimum it deserved to be in a movie. It has that epic 80’s/early 90’s teen movie feel to it
                                                  Stellar song.

                                                  Her debut is just IT. ugh. Not one track that's not good. And I'm including the super underappreciated YNM there.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Ok, so I never thought I wanted this before, but after just seeing Alicia Keys on tour tonight Mariah needs to work with her right now.

                                                    Always been a causal AK fan, but holy sh!t, her show tonight was maybe the best I've ever been to

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X