Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    But some of those vocals are surely from another song I've never heard of before.
    It's an official MC Remix.
    I Still Believe - Stevie J. Explicit Remix ft. Mocha, Amil.

It's part of MC30 EPs.

Last edited by Shaka; Fri April 2, 2021, 17:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I posted this one a few days ago but no one noticed the greatness ot it LOL.

Nice that it's having some love now 'cause it sounds amazing.

It's the "I Still Believe (Stevie J. Explicit Remix - Official Audio) ft. Mocha, Amil" version:

It's my favorite ISB remix.
      There's so much of them.
      Probably her most remixed song with re-sung vocals.

I know the feeling. Sometimes we come super excited to share something here and people just ignore it and it's quickly buried if the discussions are hot on another topic.

But thanks for sharing the official one! This MC30 single passed me totally because I was sure I already knew all the ISB remixes.
      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        The Mariah Carey Discography Rate continues with Songs #332 - 291 revealed:
        https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...y-rate-300-291
        Forever at #97? Deserves way better than that.
        And All I Want For Christmas Is You So So Def Remix at #295?
        Girl, bye.

Comment

• Did she whistle on the Breakdown song during her anniversary IG live?

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
            But thanks for sharing the official one! This MC30 single passed me totally because I was sure I already knew all the ISB remixes.
            You're welcome.
            I recognized it inmediately 'cause it's my fave ;)

There's a bunch of ISB Remixes with full new vocals.

See, MC30 is still going strong, people missed lots of great remixes I feel when the project was going so fast each week.

Happy that some of you're (re-)discovering 'em now!

Comment

• I love how she was able to keep her amazing vocal shape for so long (2nd prime).

Mariah Carey - INSANE Vocals From 2004 + RARE Moments!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

I know the feeling. Sometimes we come super excited to share something here and people just ignore it and it's quickly buried if the discussions are hot on another topic.

This remix is one of my favourites of all time and I love Amil’s tone. Should have had a career!
                  Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Fri April 2, 2021, 20:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                    Did she whistle on the Breakdown song during her anniversary IG live?
                    I don't think so.
                    I only heard her laughing in whistle

Btw, the pink & blue balloons that were on her bday party as part of the decoration were also used for this set (on the roof).

Comment

• This look just like Mariah’s

Comment

• She looks younger in '18 - or around the same age with different hair. Ageless Queen.

Comment

• ^Vaults look alike though?

it’s still quite different.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I don't think so.
                            I only heard her laughing in whistle

Btw, the pink & blue balloons that were on her bday party as part of the decoration were also used for this set (on the roof).

Nope, I meant this at 1:11

Comment

• This backup makeup bish be teasing us with old photos from her birthday party set

Time to cut her loose

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                This backup makeup bish be teasing us with old photos from her birthday party set

Time to cut her loose
                                I think she's using the same set for whatever she was filming.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

She looks younger in '18 - or around the same age with different hair. Ageless Queen.

This is so creepy yet amazing haha

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    This look just like Mariah’s

I’m sorry, I’ve sat quiet whilst everyone has said Taylor has copied Mariah because I’ve thought it is a ridiculous suggestion but... someone in Taylor’s team is 100% watching Mariah for inspo!

imitation is the highest form of flattery I guess

Comment

I genuinely think that’s just someone whistling along.

On a side note, hearing Brat sing along, gives me life. She adores Mariah and you can hear it in every word she sings to Breadown. We love Brat so much

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I’m sorry, I’ve sat quiet whilst everyone has said Taylor has copied Mariah because I’ve thought it is a ridiculous suggestion but... someone in Taylor’s team is 100% watching Mariah for inspo!

Same concept video, same golden colors, filming angle.. it’s clearly they were “inspired” by Mariah’s concept and did something very similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Same concept video, same golden colors, filming angle.. it’s clearly they were “inspired” by Mariah’s concept and did something very similar.
                                          I would suggest that Taylor has no idea and it’s more her marketing team.

Comment

It's an official MC Remix.
                                            I Still Believe - Stevie J. Explicit Remix ft. Mocha, Amil.

It's part of MC30 EPs.
                                            I knew this from way back when the single came out as I had it on my second I still believe single, along with the Pure Imagination remix.

I used to love the fact that at least two different versions of singles with different covers would be released back in the day. It was a collectors dream! Millennials/gen Z will never understand!

Comment

Exactly. I won't put the blame on Taylor but her team/agency were definitely inspired by Mariah's campaign. The vault allusion... The video promo... The whole concept I would say.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I think she's just "laughing in whistle" like she did other times during the party.
                                                She usually does that, especially when drunk

Comment

I knew this from way back when the single came out as I had it on my second I still believe single, along with the Pure Imagination remix.

I used to love the fact that at least two different versions of singles with different covers would be released back in the day. It was a collectors dream! Millennials/gen Z will never understand!
                                                  Living in a LATAM country, with poor internet service and no access to physical singles I had no idea of Mariah's remixes untill around 2004/2005. Then I started to search for all of them on the internet and I imagined that I already knew all.of them.

In fact it was a really distant dream for me to have singles. I had no money to import them and all I could do was save the jpg of the covers in my mp3 folders.

Now I have most of them. In CD AND vynils. And my husband hates it.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                    This backup makeup bish be teasing us with old photos from her birthday party set

Time to cut her loose
                                                    No, that pic was taken after the party.
                                                    They're just using the same elements for this set but they also added others.
                                                    Queen of recycling

Comment

Working...
                                                    X