X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    This is so creepy yet amazing haha
    ikr?!
    2018 was a beauty peak, she looked STUNNING.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
    On a side note, hearing Brat sing along, gives me life. She adores Mariah and you can hear it in every word she sings to Breadown. We love Brat so much
    She's so darn funny how can you not love ha?
    And yeah, Da Brat, JD Y her BG singers are the most inconditional people to her I think, they're always there, they've always been.
    I think also Randy, Lee and Patti are people she can count on.

Comment

I would suggest that Taylor has no idea and it’s more her marketing team.
      Taylor knows and is involved in EVERYTHING, she's a smart business girl and very calculating & cold when it comes to it.
      I don't know if she saw Mariah's design, if Mimi inspired her, tho.
      And I don't care tbh.

The 90s trends are quite influential tho!

Comment

• That "90s trend" line is being blown out of proportion here, again. I will also say that the opening of the vault is hardly a novel idea.

Alicia Keys did it all the way back in 2017:

Taylor is releasing material to essentially get her masters back. She announced she will re-record these albums way back in August 2019. Mariah began opening her vault in July 2020.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I'm listening to the FULL SYDNEY CONCERT FROM '98 BUTTERFLY WORLD TOUR and sorry, but that was part of her peak, her voice was tired but her whistles were better than some previous Eras (as good as MB, better than Daydream), her lower register was stronger than 1990-1996 and her voice was even more agile than before, that without saying that her tone was also prettier and richer/more textured, at least for my taste, it had that raspy-soulful quality that I love.

First vocal prime, IMO, 1996-1998.

The VOL performance at Sydney is her best EVER.

Comment

• Relax, we're just kidding - well at least I am.
            And I think the guys were talking about the design, not the idea, which was already discussed here. And many people did it before '17 anyway.

Comment

I’m sorry, I’ve sat quiet whilst everyone has said Taylor has copied Mariah because I’ve thought it is a ridiculous suggestion but... someone in Taylor’s team is 100% watching Mariah for inspo!

imitation is the highest form of flattery I guess
              Or maybe Taylors team watched this ?

Vaults have been opening since the beginning of time. And like I said before two artists already had albums called Rarities. Do you think Mariah was also copying them ?
              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
              Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

ikr?!
                2018 was a beauty peak, she looked STUNNING.

She's so darn funny how can you not love ha?
                And yeah, Da Brat, JD Y her BG singers are the most inconditional people to her I think, they're always there, they've always been.
                I think also Randy, Lee and Patti are people she can count on.
                Agreed, though Randy disappointed me in Idol. He should have been more outspoken on her behalf but sometimes I think he was more embarrassed about her rambles than concerned about the sh!t she was getting from others on the panel. He could have easily shut it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Or maybe Taylors team watched this ?

Vaults have been opening since the beginning of time. And like I said before two artists already had albums called Rarities. Do you think Mariah was also copying them ?
                  You could be right!

Comment

• Comment

I'm listening to the FULL SYDNEY CONCERT FROM '98 BUTTERFLY WORLD TOUR and sorry, but that was part of her peak, her voice was tired but her whistles were better than some previous Eras (as good as MB, better than Daydream), her lower register was stronger than 1990-1996 and her voice was even more agile than before, that without saying that her tone was also prettier and richer/more textured, at least for my taste, it had that raspy-soulful quality that I love.

Her runs were far more complex and creative!

Comment

• I need MC to update us on the status of her masters though.

Her friend, Steve Stoute, started a company called "United Masters" with the aim of giving artists more/full control of their masters.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• This going to be amazing!

I love how Mariah expressed that. A writer.

Comment

Her runs were far more complex and creative!
                            Yeah, 1998-2000 was the peak of her vocal agility IMO.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                I was creating for myself a Spotify playlist with some urbanriah songs and found out that The One So So Def remix is no longer available to listen, at least in Argentina, in the The One EP MC30... I wanted it :(
                                It's still available here, but I notice it has the lowest plays although it being the first song on the EP. If it's not available everywhere, this could explain why it has such low plays.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I think this is my favorite MC cover - and I don't like when people cover Mariah.

But she nailed this. Mariah would be proud.

P.S. she's a lamb <3

Comment

It's an official MC Remix.
                                    I Still Believe - Stevie J. Explicit Remix ft. Mocha, Amil.

It's part of MC30 EPs.
                                    Oh thanks! I don't particularly like that version and have never properly listened to it, so that explains that!
                                    But the vocals with that new instrumentation are just so good.
                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

I'm listening to the FULL SYDNEY CONCERT FROM '98 BUTTERFLY WORLD TOUR and sorry, but that was part of her peak, her voice was tired but her whistles were better than some previous Eras (as good as MB, better than Daydream), her lower register was stronger than 1990-1996 and her voice was even more agile than before, that without saying that her tone was also prettier and richer/more textured, at least for my taste, it had that raspy-soulful quality that I love.
                                      I was at one of those Sydney concerts back in 98.
                                      Much younger me, I was very overwhelmed by the whole thing, seeing Mariah perform live for the first time. I still remember how awesome it was when she first came out on stage.

Wish I had better seats though.
                                      I ended up using a review of the concert for a university assessment

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I was at one of those Sydney concerts back in 98.
                                        Much younger me, I was very overwhelmed by the whole thing, seeing Mariah perform live for the first time. I still remember how awesome it was when she first came out on stage.

Wish I had better seats though.
                                        I ended up using a review of the concert for a university assessment
                                        amazing!

Comment

I think this is my favorite MC cover - and I don't like when people cover Mariah.

But she nailed this. Mariah would be proud.

P.S. she's a lamb <3
                                          She’s my friend we were on the show the same year and all lived together when we got to the final live shows!
                                          she is crazy talented... she has literally studied Mariah and her runs for years. So, so influenced by both Mariah and Whitney, and then Paramore and Evenesance too

P.S - she was really unhappy with this performance and got upset because she felt she messed it up. I was like “are you nuts!”

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have these exact thoughts! Her tone was beautiful and the runs are seriously some of her best and most complex ever. She KILLED that concert, I’d rather have that voice with rasp than the girly Daydream voice any day.

Comment

• It's rumored that Lee Daniels is working on a series about Mariah. I had mentioned this on the FOMM (Friends of Mariah Messageboard) before the book came out.

It would be A+ Mazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by latincoffee View Post
                                                It's rumored that Lee Daniels is working on a series about Mariah. I had mentioned this on the FOMM (Friends of Mariah Messageboard) before the book came out.

It would be A+ Mazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                I didn’t even know FOMM was still a thing!

Comment

I didn’t even know FOMM was still a thing!
                                                  yes--many lambs still post on it. I post from time to time.
                                                  Gotta interact with the lambily while we wait for new music and some more when it's released

Comment

• Originally posted by latincoffee View Post

yes--many lambs still post on it. I post from time to time.
                                                    Gotta interact with the lambily while we wait for new music and some more when it's released
                                                    Is it still as negative as it used to be years ago? I stopped going on there because there was far too much hate and attitude!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X