Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

    Is it still as negative as it used to be years ago? I stopped going on there because there was far too much hate and attitude!
    I stay away from all that mess and just post my stuff and don't return months later. It's cliquish. I don't do cliques and always I stay above the fray.

    I'm Angel btw. You?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by latincoffee View Post

      I stay away from all that mess and just post my stuff and don't return months later. It's cliquish. I don't do cliques and always I stay above the fray.

      I'm Angel btw. You?
      Lee

      Comment


      • Originally posted by latincoffee View Post
        It's rumored that Lee Daniels is working on a series about Mariah. I had mentioned this on the FOMM (Friends of Mariah Messageboard) before the book came out.

        It would be A+ Mazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        The rumour is running for a while but I hope it's not true though.

        Lee latest works were not well received and I believe Mariah would benefit of a fresher director like Dee Rees or Ava DuVernay.
        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

          The rumour is running for a while but I hope it's not true though.

          Lee latest works were not well received and I believe Mariah would benefit of a fresher director like Dee Rees or Ava DuVernay.
          Are you talking specifically about TV Series?

          US v Billie Holiday is Oscar nominated, at least Andra Day is.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aydeep888 View Post

            where can we get any of her stems?
            Just google it - there are sure these:

            Mariah Carey - Emotions [23 WAVs]

            Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby (Stems)

            Mariah Carey - We Belong Together (4 MP3 192k Tracks)


            Mariah Carey -We belong together (23 Wavs)

            Mariah Carey - Anytime you need a friend (31 WAVs)

            Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men - One Sweet Day (Multitracks)


            Mariah Carey - Candy Bling (43 Wav)

            Mariah Carey - I still believe (23 WAVs)

            Mariah Carey - Someday (20 WAVs)

            Mariah Carey - Circles (15 Wavs)

            Mariah Carey - It's Like That /15 WAVS

            Mariah Carey – Dreamlover (Acapella + Instrumental)/ REMIX STEMS

            Mariah Carey – One More Try (15-Track) STEMS WAV

            Mariah Carey – Through The Rain (27-Track)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Underneath The Stars (20-Track)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Christmas Time Is In The Air Again (18-Track)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – H.A.T.E.U. (33-Track)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Get Your Number ft. Jermaine Dupri
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Fourth Of July
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Fly Like A Bird
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – I Am Free
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Jesus Born On This Day
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Looking In
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Makin’ It Last All Night (What It Do)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Petals
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Say Somethin’ ft. Snoop Dogg
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Shake It Off
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Thanx 4 Nothin’
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Touch My Body /INSTRUMENTAL

            Babyface feat. Mariah Carey – Every Time I Close My Eyes (Instrumental)

            Mariah Carey – #Beautiful / STEMS

            Mariah Carey – I Want To Know What Love Is
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Dreamlover (Acapella)

            Mariah Carey – It’s Like That
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men – One Sweet Day
            STEMS WAV
            Mariah Carey – Obsessed (Acapella)
            STEMS WAV

            (Copied from other web)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

              Are you talking specifically about TV Series?

              US v Billie Holiday is Oscar nominated, at least Andra Day is.
              Yes, but I think the critics complimented Andra Day, but the general opinion is that the movie is not good. It's 53% in rotten tomatoes and the main media (NY Times, variety, Guardian, RS...) was really negative.

              Of course he could do a brilliant work with Mariah, but media tend to be negative to Mariah, so I wish she worked with someone that is a raising star and a darling to the critics to give it more of a chance to be well received...
              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

                Yes, but I think the critics complimented Andra Day, but the general opinion is that the movie is not good. It's 53% in rotten tomatoes and the main media (NY Times, variety, Guardian, RS...) was really negative.

                Of course he could do a brilliant work with Mariah, but media tend to be negative to Mariah, so I wish she worked with someone that is a raising star and a darling to the critics to give it more of a chance to be well received...
                You hit the nail on the head. The media trends negative regarding Mariah.

                But, either way, Mariah should not be involved in the movie/series creation beyond possibly allowing her songs to be used. Certainly, she shouldn't be an actress in it.

                Arguably, anyone could make the book into a movie if they wish. They just need to approach the powers that be. Question is, are they interested?
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                Comment


                • God, I want justice for Breakdown

                  Comment


                  • You know what? “Thanx 4 Nothing” could have damn well been a Butterfly track, all of her good songwriting tendencies showed up, best lyrics on the album along with Side Effects and I Wish You Well

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      You know what? “Thanx 4 Nothing” could have damn well been a Butterfly track, all of her good songwriting tendencies showed up, best lyrics on the album along with Side Effects and I Wish You Well
                      I love T4N but I just find the overall quality of songs on Butterfly to be far superior. If T4N was on Butterfly it would definitely be my least favourite track, but it’s a great song.. it just tells you how untouchable Butterfly is lol
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
                        Just google it - there are sure these:
                        ....

                        (Copied from other web)
                        All the links I tried were removed due to inactivity.
                        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

                          I love T4N but I just find the overall quality of songs on Butterfly to be far superior. If T4N was on Butterfly it would definitely be my least favourite track, but it’s a great song.. it just tells you how untouchable Butterfly is lol
                          Butterfly is another level of prodution quality, high complexity lyrics and melodies, and a cohesive flow from track 1 to 12. Is a masterpiece and one of the best records ever in the history of music imho.
                          Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                          Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                          Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

                            All the links I tried were removed due to inactivity.
                            In every case I found Fourth Of July stems. I made stripped version with whistle intro

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                              God, I want justice for Breakdown
                              That song is such a smooth R&B evergreen. Butterfly (album) really was given to us through her by God.
                              My Chart

                              Comment


                              • Mariah Carey - Bye Bye (Official Music Video)

                                99,525,075 views

                                She is gonna add another 100 million views MV.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                                  She’s my friend we were on the show the same year and all lived together when we got to the final live shows!
                                  she is crazy talented... she has literally studied Mariah and her runs for years. So, so influenced by both Mariah and Whitney, and then Paramore and Evenesance too

                                  P.S - she was really unhappy with this performance and got upset because she felt she messed it up. I was like “are you nuts!”
                                  I have had a crush on her for so long... her tone, transitions between registers and agility are by far the closest to Mariah I have ever heard. Not only that but she's so stunningly beautiful too. Her growls are absolute insanity!

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    Oh thanks! I don't particularly like that version and have never properly listened to it, so that explains that!
                                    But the vocals with that new instrumentation are just so good.
                                    No problem!
                                    Really?!
                                    It's my favorite one from ISB remixes.
                                    I love the vocals, I love the tone.

                                    Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    I was at one of those Sydney concerts back in 98.
                                    Much younger me, I was very overwhelmed by the whole thing, seeing Mariah perform live for the first time. I still remember how awesome it was when she first came out on stage.

                                    Wish I had better seats though.
                                    I ended up using a review of the concert for a university assessment
                                    Lucky you!
                                    It's the best date from the BWT and vocally one of her best nights like EVER, she was on fire.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                      She’s my friend we were on the show the same year and all lived together when we got to the final live shows!
                                      she is crazy talented... she has literally studied Mariah and her runs for years. So, so influenced by both Mariah and Whitney, and then Paramore and Evenesance too

                                      P.S - she was really unhappy with this performance and got upset because she felt she messed it up. I was like “are you nuts!”
                                      Yeah, I know, you mentioned that when your first posted your amazing performance on the show (the Kylie cover).

                                      She's crazy talented, you're right.

                                      This performance was amazing, that ending gurl, slay! Mariah would be throwing glitter on her like she did with Candice!

                                      Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I have these exact thoughts! Her tone was beautiful and the runs are seriously some of her best and most complex ever. She KILLED that concert, I’d rather have that voice with rasp than the girly Daydream voice any day.
                                      Yasss gurl.
                                      We know daydreamriah was effortless, but her voice here was so soulful, and as we mentioned, her runs and melismas were more complex and also more defined and overall interesting. She also slayed Brisbane & Perth, but Sydney takes the cake for me.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                        The rumour is running for a while but I hope it's not true though.
                                        It's old news and not a rumour LOL.
                                        I'm sure they have some plans already and that the idea was already there when she was doing the book.



                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          You know what? “Thanx 4 Nothing” could have damn well been a Butterfly track, all of her good songwriting tendencies showed up, best lyrics on the album along with Side Effects and I Wish You Well


                                          I love T4N, SE & IWYW, 3 amazing tracks. I stan.
                                          But they will be fillers on Butterfly LOL. U just can't compare the quality.
                                          The only song that I feel would fit perfectly on Butterfly is Dedicated.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            God, I want justice for Breakdown
                                            Girl, same, so underappreacited
                                            What a gem!

                                            Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                            I love T4N but I just find the overall quality of songs on Butterfly to be far superior. If T4N was on Butterfly it would definitely be my least favourite track, but it’s a great song.. it just tells you how untouchable Butterfly is lol
                                            LOL, exactly my thougths.

                                            Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                            Butterfly is another level of prodution quality, high complexity lyrics and melodies, and a cohesive flow from track 1 to 12. Is a masterpiece and one of the best records ever in the history of music imho.
                                            I see no lies.

                                            Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                            All the links I tried were removed due to inactivity.
                                            All those stems were removed like a year ago (or maybe more) I think. It was a hacking thing.

                                            Some people have it 'cause they downloaed at time LOL.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                              Mariah Carey - Bye Bye (Official Music Video)

                                              99,525,075 views

                                              She is gonna add another 100 million views MV.
                                              Yeah.
                                              It's been stuck at 99.(X)M for some weeks now, so I guess it will cross the 100M mark like in two weeks (or more).

                                              Also TMB is about to reach 200M views, currently at 199,743,143 views. This is gonna be achieved first of course, maybe next week.

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                                                Yeah.
                                                It's been stuck at 99.(X)M for some weeks now, so I guess it will cross the 100M mark like in two weeks (or more).

                                                Also TMB is about to reach 200M views, currently at 199,743,143 views. This is gonna be achieved first of course, maybe next week.
                                                If I remember right, wasn’t there a TMB video with 250 million views that got deleted when VEVO came out? Technically it should be at 450m!

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post



                                                  I love T4N, SE & IWYW, 3 amazing tracks. I stan.
                                                  But they will be fillers on Butterfly LOL. U just can't compare the quality.
                                                  The only song that I feel would fit perfectly on Butterfly is Dedicated.
                                                  Agree, great songs but they don’t have the clever structures and melodic bridges that make the songs on Butterfly so musically unique

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

                                                    If I remember right, wasn’t there a TMB video with 250 million views that got deleted when VEVO came out? Technically it should be at 450m!
                                                    where are the GLITTAH vids? MC is not feeding us no more.
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X