Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michiel View Post
    . I would prefer us getting nothing if we get an album next year.
    Her most standalone singles are also the worst tbh (I don’t, infamous, triumphant,…).

One song is too short to keep any interest.
    :.

100% agree

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
      spotify was late updating yesterday 32 500 181 + ( 334 862 ) still fighting.
      This is so frustrating .

I really wish Mariah and the label "fully" pushed this song. Including video treatment, live performances and streaming deal.

The song has amazing longevity (still top5 digital sales and top10 billboard hot100) and is a organic smash with the general public

Wasted opportunity imo...

Comment

• Billy shirt also says Heartbreaker btw

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

That would be dope!
          Maybe it's part of the soundtrack?
          Or played in some scene?

Anyway, sis looking GOOD. The dress from the HOF Induction was not flattering at all, she looks great! CautionRiah Tour vibes.

And the most important thing, she looks really happy

P.S.
          Heartbreaker deserves its moment.

She was wearing this (don't know about the jacket)

That would be so damn funny
          Maybe there are a couple of things going on here. Heartbreaker being used in the movie + Mariah’s pride merch being used in the movie. I would love a cameo too!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

100% agree
            I kind of think she is not planning on releasing an album not even next year. She kind of gave me the impression she is just working for several projects but none of them related to a new album. So it is what it is.... so if the sister aint in a mood for an album, I-m more than happy to receive one off single even though the quality are not always the same as when she releases a whole album. I'm just desperate for new music... Im kind of hoping she is not releasing more xmas songs and she focus on promoting Oh santa ( remix ) or xmas, Baby please come home.

Comment

Billy shirt also says Heartbreaker btw
              If she is doing something to revival Heartbreaker I might die! That-s the song that made me a fan. I remember waiting in front of the TV to see the video on MTV. Gosh, i cant believe it has been like 23 years from that
              Last edited by Yerac; Thu June 23, 2022, 11:50.

Comment

It’s June, can we please not yet talk about Xmas? AIWFC became a blessing and a curse as a fan. I’m so tired of xmasriah. I also don’t want stand alone singles. I would prefer us getting nothing if we get an album next year. Her most standalone singles are also the worst tbh (I don’t, infamous, triumphant,…). One song is too short to keep any interest.

Before Caution we had years of zero vision, and we all got it back w rarities, the book and caution. Especially during Caution it seemed like she found her groove again. But since then the energy and the vision has been coming down again. It’s like they don’t make long term plans and live day by day. Although it’s more likely they just have too many projects at once, too many ideas. Some of them excite me (butterfly sessions, new studio album), others don’t (biopic, another new Xmas thing,…). I think she needs a new foundation of respect before she releases a biopic. Who outside the lambily would watch that right now? Most people forgot about her when it’s not Xmas. From a marketing point of view I just would advice against it cause there is no audience, but obviously she can do the F she wants .
                Infamous was not a single, it was a song for a tv show, like In the mix.
                I don’t and Triumphant are bops, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                  Maybe there are a couple of things going on here. Heartbreaker being used in the movie + Mariah’s pride merch being used in the movie. I would love a cameo too!!
                  Yeah, something is going on.
                  Also Billy said that Mariah introduced the movie.

Coincidence?
                  Maybe she's a lil involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                    Im kind of hoping she is not releasing more xmas songs and she focus on promoting Oh santa ( remix ) or xmas, Baby please come home.
                    Yeah, I hope she promotes OS(R) and C(BPCH), they could enter the Hot100 (especially if the later keep increasing at the same rate as it did last year).

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                      Infamous was not a single, it was a song for a tv show, like In the mix.
                      I don’t and Triumphant are bops, imo.
                      I agree, I love I Don't & Triumphant.
                      Also I like Infamous.
                      In The Mix is a bit meh, but not bad.

Comment

Also I like Infamous.
                        Yes, I like Infamous too, ITM is not my cup of tea.

Comment

Also I like Infamous.
                          I like In The Mix, but her enunciation on some parts is absolutely not it. I wonder if something got messed up on the technical side.
                          Last edited by banksy; Thu June 23, 2022, 13:15.

Comment

• TGIFY is so underrated!

Comment

• Mariah is a Genius songwriter!

Her melodies and lyrics are EVERYTHING!

You really appreciate Mariah's musicianship when you listen to covers

Comment

• I have despised Triumphant since day 1, so I'll keep pretending it was never released. Hate the melody, hate the lyrics, hate the production.

Not a fan of Infamous or In the mix either. They're all subpar, tbh.

I don't, on the other hand, issa bop!
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

It’s June, can we please not yet talk about Xmas? AIWFC became a blessing and a curse as a fan. I’m so tired of xmasriah. I also don’t want stand alone singles. I would prefer us getting nothing if we get an album next year. Her most standalone singles are also the worst tbh (I don’t, infamous, triumphant,…). One song is too short to keep any interest.

Before Caution we had years of zero vision, and we all got it back w rarities, the book and caution. Especially during Caution it seemed like she found her groove again. But since then the energy and the vision has been coming down again. It’s like they don’t make long term plans and live day by day. Although it’s more likely they just have too many projects at once, too many ideas. Some of them excite me (butterfly sessions, new studio album), others don’t (biopic, another new Xmas thing,…). I think she needs a new foundation of respect before she releases a biopic. Who outside the lambily would watch that right now? Most people forgot about her when it’s not Xmas. From a marketing point of view I just would advice against it cause there is no audience, but obviously she can do the F she wants .
                                  I agree with this entire post.

I honestly think the way Caution performed and was ignored was a slap in the face to her. She definitely worked her ass off image wise and didn’t really get the attention she deserved from the GP.

Comment

• I like Infamous the song but not the vocals/tone so much.
                                    I don't like anything on ITM, so nasal and the song is meh.

Triumphant is amazing.

Dem vocals!
                                    She should have released an acoustic mix along with dem amazing dance remixes.

Comment

• Gosh, I'm obsessed with Butterfly Tour vocals.
                                      Sydney ATE.

Comment

• Comment

• OMG! We have been waiting for this moment.

Lambs better send this to #1 on iTunes. #JusticeforRunway

Comment

• I'm so happy that MC30 is back!

Comment

• This is actually a perfect empowerment song for Pride. Who cares about that awful Beyonce song when there's better music to listen to.

Mimi knows how to make an empowered bop. Those in the LGBTQ know what it feels like to face those demons and rise on the power of our own self. EVERYDAY

Let love be your runway, there is a higher place
                                              Just embrace that feeling when you're rising
                                              And your face is kissing the horizon
                                              And if they count you out
                                              Let go and watch you drown
                                              Just shake off those demons that you're fighting
                                              When it rains keep kissing the horizon

Comment

• I’m so excited for “Runway” to be (officially) released tonight!!!!!

Can’t wait to add it to my playlists!

Comment

I like Infamous the song but not the vocals/tone so much.
                                                  I don't like anything on ITM, so nasal and the song is meh.

Triumphant is amazing.

Dem vocals!
                                                  She should have released an acoustic mix along with dem amazing dance remixes.
                                                  These are exactly my thoughts too!! I love Triumphant. I didn't when it just came out though. But the Remixes SLAP.

Comment

Yaaaaaasssss! I needed Runway on streaming!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X