Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #justiceforCaution

    Comment


    • Nice!! Why is Emotions charting, though?

      Last edited by ChristmasJedi; Fri June 24, 2022, 19:06.

      Comment


      • I would faint if Caution would get some kind of revival now. It's such a great body of work.
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          Irresistible is her worst song by far.
          Somewhat Loved and STD saying hi

          Comment


          • I’ve always loved Runway! Her voice sounds great, the melody is beautiful and the lyrics are uplifting. Tbh after a few listens I don’t even hear the sample, it works just as a beat. So happy to have it on streaming now!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post

              Somewhat Loved and STD saying hi
              nah, irresistible is still worse.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                I would faint if Caution would get some kind of revival now. It's such a great body of work.
                Hoe many on the bathroom floor momments have you recovered from

                Comment


                • Australia
                  - BER #25
                  - Runway #37

                  US iTunes
                  - Runway #82
                  - BER #91

                  UK iTunes
                  - BER #30
                  - Runway - #88

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by woabritney View Post
                    I’ve always loved Runway! Her voice sounds great, the melody is beautiful and the lyrics are uplifting. Tbh after a few listens I don’t even hear the sample, it works just as a beat. So happy to have it on streaming now!
                    Agreed. While it doesn't fit sonicly with the rest of the record, her voice is in fine form on it. I'll have to add it to my Caution playlist.

                    Also, how is this chipmunk ABMB remix getting any traction?
                    Last edited by WEBofDESIRE; Fri June 24, 2022, 20:11.

                    Comment


                    • I love the lyric “kissing the horizon”, but other than that “Runway” is wack.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                        Australia
                        - BER #25
                        - Runway #37

                        US iTunes
                        - Runway #82
                        - BER #91

                        UK iTunes
                        - BER #30
                        - Runway - #88
                        Very surprised to see Runway charting. I think this didn't happen for Sprung, Secret Love, Heat or 4Real 4Real.

                        Secret Love is trash though.
                        Previously known as sYair

                        Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                            at least MIMI can now roam the streets of NYC with an AR15 in her hands. (she should move to Canada)
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                              She is so well-spoken, I love that she uses her platforms to draw attention to these serious issues going on in the world

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by myworld View Post

                                She is so well-spoken, I love that she uses her platforms to draw attention to these serious issues going on in the world
                                Maybe she can make a song about it. <3
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                  Maybe she can make a song about it. <3
                                  There's Got to Be A Way:

                                  There's got to be a way
                                  To connect this world today
                                  Come together to relieve the pain
                                  There's got to be a way

                                  There's got to be a way
                                  To unite this human race
                                  And together we'll bring on a change



                                  Save the Day:

                                  If he won't and she won't, and they won't, then we won't
                                  We won't ever learn to save the day, whoa, oh
                                  If he won't and she won't, and they won't, then we won't
                                  We won't ever learn to save the day

                                  Comment


                                  • Her tone is really nice and buttery on Runway, it’s one of the best vocals on Caution for sure

                                    I like the knock too, I wish it had a synth pad a la GTFO instead of that sped up Butterfly vocal, it distracts me and queen is always free to recycle a melody of her own without actually sampling it
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat June 25, 2022, 00:12.

                                    Comment


                                    • God can we talk about the melody on the original Butterfly track though? Truly ethereal

                                      Comment


                                      • I hate seeing all the Runway slander. Her voice on that song sounds better than a lot of the surrounding eras studio vocals. I guess i can kinda see why it could be viewed as busy or messy, but unlistenable or bad?? Not even close.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          God can we talk about the melody on the original Butterfly track though? Truly ethereal
                                          truly so. One of the best songs ever recorded by anyone. She really outdid herself with that melody. It's a poem rather and a song and the music itself is truly godlike.
                                          My Chart

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            Her tone is really nice and buttery on Runway, it’s one of the best vocals on Caution for sure

                                            I like the knock too, I wish it had a synth pad a la GTFO instead of that sped up Butterfly vocal, it distracts me and queen is always free to recycle a melody of her own without actually sampling it
                                            Just because she can doesnt mean she should !!

                                            Give us the sample free version Mimi
                                            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                            Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              I would faint if Caution would get some kind of revival now. It's such a great body of work.
                                              She should have rereleased it as a deluxe, with Runway as an actual single ( without the sample) and maybe some live tracks from the tour and a remix or two to bring it up to 16 tracks .
                                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                                She should have rereleased it as a deluxe, with Runway as an actual single ( without the sample) and maybe some live tracks from the tour and a remix or two to bring it up to 16 tracks .
                                                absolutely. She should have done all of that in early 2019 right before the so-called Caution tour...
                                                My Chart

                                                Comment


                                                • MC30 has so many layers. I thought I’d kept up with most of her remixes, but I’ve been discovering “new” ones all afternoon. I just added the Boy (I Need You) remix with Cam’Ron and Juelz Santana to my gym playlist. I think I like it better than the album version.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

                                                    Very surprised to see Runway charting. I think this didn't happen for Sprung, Secret Love, Heat or 4Real 4Real.

                                                    Secret Love is trash though.
                                                    It's because iTunes is dead... even old songs such as I'll make love to you by Boyz 2 men are charting in top 100 these days..

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X