No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s amazing that with her relationship with Bryan is the healthiest one since most people thought he would a gold digger. He seems like a nice guy and I love about him that he doesn’t try to take advance of her fame

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Lullaby (The Roof Remix)

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        It’s amazing that with her relationship with Bryan is the healthiest one since most people thought he would a gold digger. He seems like a nice guy and I love about him that he doesn’t try to take advance of her fame
        I agree. he is humbly in the background (like Mark Sudak was). Justice for Mark. They have been together since 2016 now... 5 years... it's kinda like her 2nd longest relationship ever.

01 - 2008 - 2014 - 6 years - Nick Cannon
        02 - 2016 - 2021 - 5 years - Bryan Tanaka
        03 - 1992 - 1997 - 5 years - Tommy Mottola
        04 - 2004 - 2007 - 3 years - Mark Sudak
        05 - 1998 - 2001 - 3 years - Luis Miguel
        06 - 2015 - 2016 - 1 year - James Packer
        06 - 2001 - 2002 - 1 year - Eminem*
        07 - 1997 - 2 months - Derek Jeter

Ranked from Hot to NOT
        01 - Derek
        02 - Bryan
        03 - Mark
        04 - Nick
        05 - Luis
        06 - Eminem
        07 - Tommy
        08 - James

Ranked from helping her grow as a person:
        01 - Derek
        02 - Nick
        03 - Mark
        04 - Luis
        05 - Tommy
        06 - Bryan
        07 - James
        08 - Eminem

Derek simply wins each and every contest. I wish they married and lived happily ever after.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I agree. he is humbly in the background (like Mark Sudak was). Justice for Mark. They have been together since 2016 now... 5 years... it's kinda like her 2nd longest relationship ever.

01 - 2008 - 2014 - 6 years - Nick Cannon
          02 - 2016 - 2021 - 5 years - Bryan Tanaka
          03 - 1992 - 1997 - 5 years - Tommy Mottola
          04 - 2004 - 2007 - 3 years - Mark Sudak
          05 - 1998 - 2001 - 3 years - Luis Miguel
          06 - 2015 - 2016 - 1 year - James Packer
          06 - 2001 - 2002 - 1 year - Eminem*
          07 - 1997 - 2 months - Derek Jeter

Ranked from Hot to NOT
          01 - Derek
          02 - Bryan
          03 - Mark
          04 - Nick
          05 - Luis
          06 - Eminem
          07 - Tommy
          08 - James

Ranked from helping her grow as a person:
          01 - Derek
          02 - Nick
          03 - Mark
          04 - Luis
          05 - Tommy
          06 - Bryan
          07 - James
          08 - Eminem

Derek simply wins each and every contest. I wish they married and lived happily ever after.
          This is so extra Stevvy and I’m here for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
            Beautiful!

LMAO she's still using the decoraction from her bday party (the balloons, the big butterfly)

Recycling balloons like she recycles dresses!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

This is so extra Stevvy and I’m here for it
              I provide content, darling. (and context).
              My Chart

Comment

Crazy that we’ve not long celebrated MC30 and it’s already 29 years since one of her later singles from the second album... she never stopped working.

ps. Make it Happen deserved way more chart success. WAY more

Comment

• LMAO. Eminem & James don't count, the first one, she doesn't eat candy, and James was a PR stunt.

I think Bryan is the hottest one and I think as important as Derek as he went through Mariah's worst years with her and he also was there during her healing process.

Derek would have cheated on her as many times as he could probably, he would've hurt her (at that time).
                  He was a catalyst as she said, thanks God she didn't fall in love with him (real love, I mean).

Team Tanaka

Comment

Recycling balloons like she recycles dresses!
                    And they say she's a diva!
                    She's gonna use that butterfly for the stage on her next tour, believe me

Comment

I'm not sure.
                      I'm not a fan of the sudio version tbh.
                      Top #5 is great for the song.
                      Now, Can't Let Go should've been #1 and stay on top like for 10 weeks at least.

Comment

• LuisMi was the sexiest one. Those dreamy green eyes and golden skin omg...

Comment

• Normani on her Insta Stories:

Comment

• Comment

LMAO. Eminem & James don't count, the first one, she doesn't eat candy, and James was a PR stunt.

I think Bryan is the hottest one and I think as important as Derek as he went through Mariah's worst years with her and he also was there during her healing process.

Derek would have cheated on her as many times as he could probably, he would've hurt her (at that time).
                              He was a catalyst as she said, thanks God she didn't fall in love with him (real love, I mean).

Team Tanaka
                              Team Tanaka always!

Comment

Crazy that we’ve not long celebrated MC30 and it’s already 29 years since one of her later singles from the second album... she never stopped working.

I agree.. while I agree that the studio version lacks something... all those live versions that we have and whenever she performs it even today, the song proves to be universal and utterly stunning in melody and structure. It's one of her absolute PERFECT songs and a crowd pleaser.

That MSG performance is literally EVERYTHING... because the "Don't Let Go" part with the choir...is ethereal. It's like she is singing us into a trance.... I'm outside my body and my soul is free when that part comes on. It deserved to be a #1 song

My Chart

Comment

I'm not sure.
                                  I'm not a fan of the sudio version tbh.
                                  Top #5 is great for the song.
                                  Now, Can't Let Go should've been #1 and stay on top like for 10 weeks at least.
                                  I feel like it’s one of those songs, the first time you hear it you feel like you’ve heard it before and it has a powerful message. I really like the studio version!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    LuisMi was the sexiest one. Those dreamy green eyes and golden skin omg...
                                    He aged like MILK tho. I mean he was super sexy between 1998-2001 when she tasted his honey... but nowadays... not so much.
                                    My Chart

Comment

I agree.. while I agree that the studio version lacks something... all those live versions that we have and whenever she performs it even today, the song proves to be universal and utterly stunning in melody and structure. It's one of her absolute PERFECT songs and a crowd pleaser.

That MSG performance is literally EVERYTHING... because the "Don't Let Go" part with the choir...is ethereal. It's like she is singing us into a trance.... I'm outside my body and my soul is free when that part comes on. It deserved to be a #1 song
                                      All of this!

Comment

This could never be replicated... never again. It’s quite a sad feeling really. The quality of music and vocalists has diminished considerably.

Comment

I feel like it’s one of those songs, the first time you hear it you feel like you’ve heard it before and it has a powerful message. I really like the studio version!
                                          It is one of the few times in which she released THE song with a GREAT message from her album.

With that said...

There's Got To Be a Way deserved single treatment from her debut album.

Furthermore,

Outside - from Butterfly
                                          I Wish You Well - from E=MC˛
                                          My farking Saving Grace from Godbrace
                                          & of course

(Jesus) Giving Me Life from Cautious.
                                          My Chart

Comment

This could never be replicated... never again. It’s quite a sad feeling really. The quality of music and vocalists has diminished considerably.
                                            1995/96 was the peak year for 90s balladeers... I love all three of them.

Another peak year during the 90s was 1997/1998.
                                            In fact, our top 5 legends RULED from 1992-1998. Nothing and nobody from the present comes remotely close.
                                            My Chart

Comment

1995/96 was the peak year for 90s balladeers... I love all three of them.

Another peak year during the 90s was 1997/1998.
                                              In fact, our top 5 legends RULED from 1992-1998. Nothing and nobody from the present comes remotely close.
                                              97/98 was my favourite musics period in my
                                              life.

Miseducation, Butterfly, Ok Computer (Radiohead), writings on the wall... the list goes on and on and on

Comment

• For me it was 1990:

Mariah: debut

Madonna: I'm Breathless, The Immaculate Collection, Blond Ambition Tour, Dick Tracy, Vogue at the MTV-Awards

Whitney: I'm Your Baby Tonight

Wilson Phillips: debut

En Vogue: debut

Beverley Craven: debut

Hits on the charts by Janet Jackson from her Rhythm Nation 1814 album

HIts on the charts by Paula Abdul from her Forever Your Girl album

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

97/98 was my favourite musics period in my
                                                  life.

Miseducation, Butterfly, Ok Computer (Radiohead), writings on the wall... the list goes on and on and on
                                                  My favourite year of all times was 1995. It was the year of me fully grow into my musical self... it was the year in which I refined my (early) music taste and in which I began collecting music for the music itself.

Music from back then and when you experienced it in real time... had something magical and mystical to it. I was still a young kid and so impressionable.. and whenever I saw my idols on TV I was just amazed and in awe.

I think the internet and social media has taken away a lot of the secrets and surprises that music can bring or be about.

I remember even in the EARLIEST 2000s... when Mariah would come to GER and perform on TV here... and I knew about it in advance... it was the ONLY thing on my mind in the week leading up to that event and I would then be sitting in front of the TV with my VHS recorder ready ofc, and watch her perform while my pulse was through the roof and I could feel my heartbeat in the eyes.

What can I say... it was my golden age.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    For me it was 1990:
                                                    The first English-speaking song I absolutely stanned beyond compare was Whitney's IWALY. It took me to a whole new level. It made me do things, like sitting in front of the radio and recording it to a cassette. It was just magical.

I think the 1990s decade was the last decade in which music was magical in the sense that it was appresicated for the music itself and wasn't a popularity contest of just a few acts.

Fron Tina to Paul (McCartney) even those 1950s, 1960s legends still got hit records that even younger people thought were cool. That's unthinkable today.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X