Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

55 millions for a 1999 bop aint that bad. If youtube was around that time, it should be around 40 billion cos that song is that bitch and so is the video. The song that made me a lamb yasss girl
    Well some other videos from the 90s have much greater views.

I really wonder why that's the case. I mean it's not like these videos are bad or unwatchable.

You have many other songs from the 90s and rock ones that have no concept yet do much better.

Comment

A song like obsessed she should release with anitta.

Off topic, I want a hot video between them two like a classic anittas video lol
      Yes, something Obsessed-esque would be perfect for them in terms of sound.

And of course we're going to see lots of skin and self-touch action if there's a video

Comment

• If only Butterfly had a monster like Obsessed or I Know What you Want.

Her self-proclaimed magnum opus needs to be re-discovered by the masses.

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
        A HIT.
        A BOP.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
            If only Butterfly had a monster like Obsessed or I Know What you Want.

Her self-proclaimed magnum opus needs to be re-discovered by the masses.
            I agree.

My All should've been that kind of monster IMO.

I don't understand her low performance when the song is so damn popular.

Comment

• This has been doing the rounds recently.

MANIFESTING

Comment

Well some other videos from the 90s have much greater views.

I really wonder why that's the case. I mean it's not like these videos are bad or unwatchable.

You have many other songs from the 90s and rock ones that have no concept yet do much better.
                What are you comparing the song with? Obviously if compare it with I will always love you then Obviously but dunno... lol I do agree the song deserves better but heartbreaker wasnt that much of an iconic song by her was it? I mean for me it is lol

Comment

This has been doing the rounds recently.

MANIFESTING

Yasss I hope they confirm it soon

Comment

• 36 723 431 +( 304 206)

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                      36 723 431 +( 304 206)
                      Same pattern as last week (just a lil higher).

Comment

Yasss I hope they confirm it soon
                        I asked this in the chart thread.

Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                        People make up figures all the time on Twitter.

The streaming is not great for the 4 singles.

In all of 2004, it sold 4,695 copies. It was not selling well in the mid-2000s.

Mariah SoundScan 2004:

1. Merry Christmas - 111,265
                        2. Greatest Hits - 104,310
                        3. The Remixes - 62,595
                        4. #1s - 54,030
                        5. Charmbracelet - 16,745
                        6. Music Box - 16,350
                        7. Butterfly: 14,030
                        8. Glitter - 10,945
                        9. Rainbow - 9,550
                        10. Daydream - 7,800
                        11. Mariah Carey - 4,695
                        12. MTV Unplugged EP - 3,195
                        13. Emotions - 1,980

Comment

This has been doing the rounds recently.

MANIFESTING

Yes because twitter account @itune chart are just so reliable
                          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                          Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Brutally Ranking Vocal Agility Of Pop Female Singers

Bey can't touch MC agility AT ALL, but she's still impressive given her voice type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I agree.

My All should've been that kind of monster IMO.

I don't understand her low performance when the song is so damn popular.
                              My All is always praised and has a lot of those "reaction" videos on youtube... far more than her other songs. I have 0 idea why the song doesn't pull like 100k daily.

And do not get me started on Without You which has like 250k daily video views on YT, but on Spotify the songs barely makes it past 100k.
                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

My All is always praised and has a lot of those "reaction" videos on youtube... far more than her other songs. I have 0 idea why the song doesn't pull like 100k daily.

And do not get me started on Without You which has like 250k daily video views on YT, but on Spotify the songs barely makes it past 100k.
                                Without you is her worst cover ever. Dreadful song.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                    Brutally Ranking Vocal Agility Of Pop Female Singers

Bey can't touch MC agility AT ALL, but she's still impressive given her voice type.
                                    That list makes no sense!!! Camila Cabello better technique than Kelly Clarkson????
                                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post

That list makes no sense!!! Camila Cabello better technique than Kelly Clarkson????
                                        I mean... no shade but camilla should not be in any list talking about voice

Comment

I mean... no shade but camilla should not be in any list talking about voice
                                          but that is exactly what is wrong with the entertainment industry. There simply aren't enough talented people getting a push. The music industry always tries to plug the same ole formula of a (female) singer who all sound the same and are basically good-looking but otherwise talent free.

People like Mariah and Whitney - if they were to come up today as 20 y.o. new singers would probably never get a label behind them and end up as bar singers somewhere or have like 1 big hit and then vanish like 99% of all starts of today.

I used to watch the German version of American Idol for about 5 seasons or so (2003-2008) (the show is still ongoing btw)... however, it took me 5 years to see that the GP and the jury always out through lesser talented people who were more marketable than the talented ones. All it takes in GER to get to the re-calls or 2nd round on the show was to have big breasts, full lips and preferably be (fake) blonde. Even worse, they all sound alike... they all sound flat and are off key and off pitch.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• LA reid is an IDIOT!

Comment

but that is exactly what is wrong with the entertainment industry. There simply aren't enough talented people getting a push. The music industry always tries to plug the same ole formula of a (female) singer who all sound the same and are basically good-looking but otherwise talent free.

People like Mariah and Whitney - if they were to come up today as 20 y.o. new singers would probably never get a label behind them and end up as bar singers somewhere or have like 1 big hit and then vanish like 99% of all starts of today.

I used to watch the German version of American Idol for about 5 seasons or so (2003-2008) (the show is still ongoing btw)... however, it took me 5 years to see that the GP and the jury always out through lesser talented people who were more marketable than the talented ones. All it takes in GER to get to the re-calls or 2nd round on the show was to have big breasts, full lips and preferably be (fake) blonde. Even worse, they all sound alike... they all sound flat and are off key and off pitch.
                                              Exactly nothing has changed. There were never ten Mariahs or ten Whitneys. All thru the 90s there was one Whitney, one Mariah and one Celine.
                                              There was never a situation of any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Exactly nothing has changed. There were never ten Mariahs or ten Whitneys. All thru the 90s there was one Whitney, one Mariah and one Celine.
                                                There was never a situation of any difference.
                                                is this supposed to be a response to what I said? I see no points here in reflection to the points that I made.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                  LA reid is an IDIOT!
                                                  I used to like him. USED to. He is senile at this point.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

is this supposed to be a response to what I said? I see no points here in reflection to the points that I made.
                                                    For some reason I thought I read "the entertainment industry today"

OOPS !

Comment

Working...
                                                    X