Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    My All is always praised and has a lot of those "reaction" videos on youtube... far more than her other songs. I have 0 idea why the song doesn't pull like 100k daily.

And do not get me started on Without You which has like 250k daily video views on YT, but on Spotify the songs barely makes it past 100k.
    It's so weird really.
    I think is one of her most known songs WW, always performed on talent shows, etc.

Here's in played in radio sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilled View Post
      That list makes no sense!!! Camila Cabello better technique than Kelly Clarkson????
      Tbh Kelly hasn't a very agile voice, just decent.

But I highly disagree with the list.

Nippy and Celine should be there in the Top 10 (maybe 5) for sure, and also Jazmine Sullivan 'cause she's a beast. India.Arie has a very agile voice as well.

Glad the user included Faouzia, she's amazing and super underrated.

Comment

• He's absolutely crazy for this

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
        LA reid is an IDIOT!

Comment

People like Mariah and Whitney - if they were to come up today as 20 y.o. new singers would probably never get a label behind them and end up as bar singers somewhere or have like 1 big hit and then vanish like 99% of all starts of today.
          I disagree.
          They were born to be the biggest stars, in any Era.

Comment

• stevyy I noticed u said "people like..."

But if 20 yo Whitney or 20 yo Mariah would perform on a talent show even in 2022, the World would still collapse.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                stevyy I noticed u said "people like..."

But if 20 yo Whitney or 20 yo Mariah would perform on a talent show even in 2022, the World would still collapse.
                They would get 1 era and then vanish like all singing show contestants because the music industry is not really looking for talented people anymore. It was good that they came up when the music industry was all about talent.

I also think that today's "stars" suffer from social media availability. Back in the day you HAD to be lucky to catch your fave on a TV show or see them in a magazine... today our new/er stars are present 24/7.

I'm not sure if anyone knows this magazine or whether it was a thing in your country (In Germany and the surrounding countries it used to be huge), but I was an avid collector of the youth magazine, BRAVO. And each week (from 1993-2002) I was anticipating the new issue and always rejoiced when my faves were mentioned or had a poster dedicated to them.

The BRAVO Magazine had a circulation of 2 million copies per week in GER and was just the biggest youth magazine in the country. Mariah was crowned the best female singer in 1994 as voted by the readers which to me at the time was worth more than Grammys or an Oscar.

bravo-nr3-11-januar-1996-mariah-carey-intim.jpg
                Here she is on the cover. She made the cover like 10 times or so. <3 On my Music Box cover I put the sticker of her on it. <3

Long story short, I'm so nostalgic and think the old times were just better because even though our stars weren't in our faces 24/7 you really had a stronger connection to them and artists were able to keep their fandom longer than today. The attention span of fans has waned down to minutes today.
                My Chart

Comment

• Oooh! I have that same edition of that magazine.

I saw it in a store here in Australia back in the day and got a copy.
                  Can't read a word of it.
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                    Oooh! I have that same edition of that magazine.

I saw it in a store here in Australia back in the day and got a copy.
                    Can't read a word of it.
                    OMG that is just awesome. The gist of 99% of the articles about Mariah from between 1992 - 1995 was that she is so mysterious and shy and nobody knows anything about her which made the German lambs even more obsessed. I swear Mariah mania was a thing her too at one point. Unfortunately, it all went to sh!t in 2001. Before Glitter Mariah was still a huge star here. After Glitter the whole narrative changed to something completely bad.

The BRAVO magazine back in the day... and this is very controversial - maybe - had nude teens in them. I cannot believe that they had a segment like that. Imagine anything like that in the US. They always had a nude boy and a nude girl in the mag every week. They were between 14 - 18 y.o.
                    My Chart

Comment

OMG that is just awesome. The gist of 99% of the articles about Mariah from between 1992 - 1995 was that she is so mysterious and shy and nobody knows anything about her which made the German lambs even more obsessed. I swear Mariah mania was a thing her too at one point. Unfortunately, it all went to sh!t in 2001. Before Glitter Mariah was still a huge star here. After Glitter the whole narrative changed to something completely bad.

The BRAVO magazine back in the day... and this is very controversial - maybe - had nude teens in them. I cannot believe that they had a segment like that. Imagine anything like that in the US. They always had a nude boy and a nude girl in the mag every week. They were between 14 - 18 y.o.
                      I remember Mariah winning the golden award thing from the magazine and being listed as one of the fave for many years. It was very impressive.
                      She was seriously music royalty back in the 90s. Today she is a legend in a very different landscape.

I remember the nude photos . They were so surprising. I was practically a kid when I first bought the magazine (cause I'm so young now ) and it was a surprise I was allowed to buy it!
                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Comment

• I don’t know what’s going on but I can’t go to the last page cause the whole site stops working. So I can’t see the latest posts ukmix

Comment

• What if she does an ”intimate/stripped” residency for the Butterfly anniversary? One can dream, huh.

Comment

• Lol God.
                              I have tons of Bravos stored somewhere. They used to run plenty of articles about the Spice girls, whom I was obsessed with.

The sex section was everything: "Am I gonna get pregnant if I swallow?" And things like that
                              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                  I don’t know what’s going on but I can’t go to the last page cause the whole site stops working. So I can’t see the latest posts ukmix
                                  *pretend to be shocking that ukmix isnt working* even though I have to say it has been working better than usual lately

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post

*pretend to be shocking that ukmix isnt working* even though I have to say it has been working better than usual lately
                                    It’s cause they blocked someone and doesn’t know how to fix it most probably.

Comment

I don’t know what’s going on but I can’t go to the last page cause the whole site stops working. So I can’t see the latest posts ukmix
                                      It’s happening to me too. I go back to the main UKmix page, then click General Artisits and Mariah, then it works again.

Seems to have started since blocking some users, but still totally worth this little inconvenience!

Comment

This may not be a fix, but consider these steps:

Go to Profile > Edit Settings > Account:
                                        Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options".
                                        Select "Posts per Page": Change default to 20 or 30 posts.

You may also consider posting in the Helpdesk:
                                        https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...ukmix-helpdesk
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

This may not be a fix, but consider these steps:

Go to Profile > Edit Settings > Account:
                                          Scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options".
                                          Select "Posts per Page": Change default to 20 or 30 posts.

You may also consider posting in the Helpdesk:
                                          https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...ukmix-helpdesk
                                          Thank you bm08! I had done that a few times but it wouldn’t work. I don’t know what happened, i had to open a new tab, look for “ukmix mariah” on google and then i ended up here. So problem solved!!
                                          Edit: problem still on if i go to page 1213. Like it doesn’t load completely and it stops working. So weird! I don’t know what you guys have been posting there
                                          Last edited by ChristmasJedi; Wed July 6, 2022, 13:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

It’s cause they blocked someone and doesn’t know how to fix it most probably.
                                            Nope—I have no one blocked and the last page doesn’t work for me either (logged in or not).
                                            funny how one can learn
                                            to grow numb to the madness
                                            and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

Nope—I have no one blocked and the last page doesn’t work for me either (logged in or not).
                                              Oh ok, it’s usually the culprit.

Comment

• LOL, the most replayed part of the BET performance of BE(R) is when Mariah was pointing her hands to Latto to keep rapping at the very end, like c'mon bish your turn

Almost 2.5M views

Comment

• Mariah Carey-Hero- Japan TV (12/19/1999) 4K HD-BEST QUALITY

#TONE

She looked super beautiful here. Love the hair.

Comment

• Hopefully back to Top 10 next week! Holding so well!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X