No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label question, currently which is the better label Epic or Island/Def Jam? Should have Mariah stayed with Universal or was the move back to Sony the smart one? (Probably for building her legacy artist status the Sony More was the right one)?

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
      Damizza wishes and so does candy guy
      Yeah, I think he was obsessed with Mimi (Damizza).
      I don't think they dated at all.
      The candy guy... well... we know the story and Da Brat confirmed what happened a few weeks ago

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          Justin B just dropped an EP.

I always pictured Mariah on a Purpose track. It would have worked.
          I thought he did a good job on Why You Mad.

At the very least, the fanbases should unite to take AIWFCIY to the top tier of the charts, beat Billboard at their own game, and secure MC her 20th!

However, I think a lot people find JB as a person objectionable more than his talent.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

yeah 100%, the energy wasn’t the same in the studio version than the later live versions that followed.

I love the fact it because a staple of her live sets becuase it just brings a different energy to any of the other songs
            Yes!

It’s the full voice live, it’s just more potent on uptempos, plus the “Don’t let go!” section

I am so grateful we have the light perfection of MSG and the gritty and powerful Divas on streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

At the very least, the fanbases should unite to take AIWFCIY to the top tier of the charts, beat Billboard at their own game, and secure MC her 20th!

However, I think a lot people find JB as a person objectionable more than his talent.
              I like JB too. I never understand the hates tht he's been getting really.

Comment

Why You Mad is better than Infinity thanks to Justin tbh, he sounded better than Mariah. There, I said it

That would be EPIC, imagine another #1 with the same song haha. Not gonna happen tho. Well, who knows actually!

And yeah, it's a shame he receives so much hate. Yet he sells very well and he's getting #1s so he'll be fine LOL.

I like him, but sometimes he acts like an asshole.

I think Purpose kinda "cleaned" his image, he acted more mature, and then it went kinda bad again, but I think with Justice he got some respect back.

He's a great artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  Yes!

It’s the full voice live, it’s just more potent on uptempos, plus the “Don’t let go!” section

I am so grateful we have the light perfection of MSG and the gritty and powerful Divas on streaming
                  Yeah, we already talked about this.
                  In the studio version she's singing the verses with this super airy chesty voice and - while it sounds gorgeous - it kinda lacks the "punch" & solidity that the full voice gives during the live performances.

We got some really amazing MIH performances. Unplugged, MSG (undubbed), Tokyo '96, Rotterdam (the ease!), Divas '98, Butterfly Tour '98 (Sydney was incredible), even the ones from CB Tour (hello, she slayed San Jose & Zurich like she was in her prime, also Glasgow, Paris, Milan). And of course the epic bridges during AA Tour. That was some vocal slayage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                    Probably some questionable behaviour when he was younger, but he has settled down since then.

Comment

• I just got a big ass butterfly on my thigh, dedicated to one of my favorite albums ever Butterfly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post

I think most of the hate he still carries are related to his behaviors in the earlier stages.of.his career.

Aside from that his music/sound used to be so generic. Even his voice, I wasn't able to differenciate him from Miley Cyrus, Shaun Mendes or Ashley Tisdale (not a joke, just a fact, as Bimini would say).

I see that he grew as an artist and probably as a person also, but it's hard to rebrand yourself.

Just my 2 cents.
                        Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                        Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                        Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Yes!

MIH is one of those tracks that NEEDS the live energy. I live for it, and it was the highlight of the concerts I've attended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post

I just got a big ass butterfly on my thigh, dedicated to one of my favorite albums ever Butterfly.
                            Pics or it didnt happen.

Comment

Damizza was even a thing?

Anyway, Charmie/? - Butterfly/Derek - Caution/Bryan >>>
                              So he claims... he released a ‘book’ about it which didn’t paint her in a very good light. did you read it?
                              Originally posted by tee View Post
                              What if the quality of Mariahs albums depends on who she is with romantically at the time. Like a muse-

Mariah Carey (single)
                              Emotions, Musicbox, MC, Daydream (Tommy)
                              Butterfly (Derek)
                              Rainbow (Luis)
                              Glitter (Eminem)
                              Charmbracelet (Damizza)
                              TEOM (Marc)
                              E=mc2, Memoirs, MCIIY, MIAMTEC (Nick)
                              Caution (Bryan)

her two marriages both produced four albums including a Christmas album.
                              Well we know this is true to an extent, with the quality of output whilst she was with Nick at least. She felt obliged to include him in the process way too much
                              Originally posted by PJDoubleu View Post

Word. Add in #1’s with “Sweetheart”, Janet: The Velvet Rope, Madonna: Ray of Light, Whitney: My Love is Your Love, Brandy: Never Say Never, R.Kelly: R.Kelly, DMX’: It’s Dark and Hell is Hot, Jay-Z’: Hard Knock Life 2... you’re right, the list goes on and on, it was an absolutely legendary couple of years. I feel bad not mentioning a whole load of other classics like Enter the Dru, Room 112, Keep the Faith, Embrya, All Saints, Shola Much Love, Another Level, Urban Hymns, Be Here now.. there was something in the water in those two years.

Writings on the Wall was 1999 though (in its first incarnation). The “Destiny’s Child” album came out in 98.
                              damn your entire list gave me immense nostalgia. I loved pretty much every album on there. I don’t think we realised at the time how spoiled we were! There’s still so many more that we could sit and list!

Comment

• The Mariah Carey Discography Rate continues with 100 - 92 posted and some bubbling under entries.
                                Be sure to add your comments in the thread.
                                https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...phy-rate-94-92

Comment

• Mariah's vaccine video is in every news feed around the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                    Label question, currently which is the better label Epic or Island/Def Jam? Should have Mariah stayed with Universal or was the move back to Sony the smart one? (Probably for building her legacy artist status the Sony More was the right one)?
                                    I think universal were more supportive. MIAM had a budget but it was Mariah’s fault for pushing back many times the release dates and they had a marketing strategy when #B was released. If she releases the album in 2013 it’d have a decent promo. All her universal albums had a nice promos even with the flop album she had support from the label. The only thing good her Mariah to go back to Sony is that most of her catalog success is in there. But Epic is the worst and had no support for Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                      I see that he grew as an artist and probably as a person also, but it's hard to rebrand yourself.

Just my 2 cents.
                                      I think it's easier when u are young.
                                      See Miley, she started like a mess (after Hannah Montana) and now she's receiving lots of praise as an artist (I don't get it tho, but anyway!).
                                      The whole Purpose Era was amazing, and it kinda cleaned Justin brand to some extent. Again, Justice shows the evolution and was well received.

It's harder when you're getting older, but with the right campaing and a solid strategy behind, you can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                        MIH is one of those tracks that NEEDS the live energy. I live for it, and it was the highlight of the concerts I've attended.
                                        Yeah.
                                        I've never seen her live - 'cause she cancelled my show - but even when you see videos from tours on YouTube, the song brings to life.

Comment

Yeah.
                                          I've never seen her live - 'cause she cancelled my show - but even when you see videos from tours on YouTube, the song brings to life.
                                          Aw boo boo, I’ll will it into the atmosphere with positive vibes for you. It will happen!

Comment

So he claims... he released a ‘book’ about it which didn’t paint her in a very good light. did you read it?
                                            No, I didn't read it, only the fragments where she talks about her, but I don't believe him.
                                            That's why I asked if he even was a thing, LOL.
                                            He seems (or seemed) a bit obsessed with her.

Comment

I think it's easier when u are young.
                                              See Miley, she started like a mess (after Hannah Montana) and now she's receiving lots of praise as an artist (I don't get it tho, but anyway!).
                                              The whole Purpose Era was amazing, and it kinda cleaned Justin brand to some extent. Again, Justice shows the evolution and was well received.

It's harder when you're getting older, but with the right campaing and a solid strategy behind, you can do it.
                                              I think Justin has clearly had some pretty serious mental health issues and the public should cut him some slack for past behaviour.

Comment

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate continues with 100 - 92 posted and some bubbling under entries.
                                                Be sure to add your comments in the thread.
                                                https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...phy-rate-94-92
                                                One Child at #94 and I Still Believe/Pure Imagination at #92?

How can u score a masterpiece like that with 2 points?

Comment

• Where I belong vídeo out Wednesday

Comment

Aw boo boo, I’ll will it into the atmosphere with positive vibes for you. It will happen!
                                                    MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                                    Mariah's vaccine video is in every news feed around the world.
                                                    Yeah!
                                                    The video she posted on her Insta has almost 3M views!
                                                    I've seen her everywhere.

Btw, her social media is on point. Look at the likes!

---

P.S. see her last insta story, Sharon Stone sent her her book. Mariah did it too. I didn't know they were kinda close.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X