Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
    I think Mariah may have cheated on Luis Miguel, and for sure he cheated on her! And I think she had a thing with Eminem and was betrayed by him for spilling the tea, which was a very justintimberlaked attitude of him and he should be a next target of the cancel culture.
    Eminem should have been cancelled by 1999 - the latest. Unfortunately, homophobia and hating women gets you so far.
    My Chart

Comment

LilNasX with a second #1 proves not to be a one hit wonder... and now he is coming for all mariah'r record, he won't stop until gettin 21 #1s, mark my words
      Well his second single Panini is actually 5 times platinum and even Rodeo is 2 times platinum so he was far from a one hit wonder before this second number one.

That being said I don't think Mariah has anything to worry about when it comes to her record and she is likely to take back the other one in a few years which will be literally the most amazing achievement in chart history IMO
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well his second single Panini is actually 5 times platinum and even Rodeo is 2 times platinum so he was far from a one hit wonder before this second number one.

That being said I don't think Mariah has anything to worry about when it comes to her record and she is likely to take back the other one in a few years which will be literally the most amazing achievement in chart history IMO
        I want to stress again how much I dislike that person. I also want to emphasize that I have no idea what the songs you have mentioned even sound like, and I am also not interested in finding out. I know his latest song is utter trash, I have heard it once. I also want to focus on the fact that those certs derive from streaming.... and that's not really that difficult since even Miss Mariah does have a song at above 5 million due to streaming... and she is not at all streamed much.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I want to stress again how much I dislike that person. I also want to emphasize that I have no idea what the songs you have mentioned even sound like, and I am also not interested in finding out. I know his latest song is utter trash, I have heard it once. I also want to focus on the fact that those certs derive from streaming.... and that's not really that difficult since even Miss Mariah does have a song at above 5 million due to streaming... and she is not at all streamed much.
          Ok babe I'm not going to argue with you, I adore sweet Lil Nas, you hate him . Also everyones certs derive from streaming these days so undermining his seems a bit pointless and biased but lets move on. Back to Mariah
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
              Eminem already said this in his song
              "When me and Luis were tryin' to stick two CDs in the same slot"
              I know, but the media never talked about it.
              And now with Mariah being a character in Luis Miguel serie I wonder if that will be the narrative.

Comment

sorry guys! was just joking! music would collapse if LNX gets even a third or fourth #1!!!
                He could get some more ones tho, you'll never know!

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                Rihanna still has collab appeal and many people will ask her to feature and release 37 remixes to get the #1, so I truly think she will surpass Mariah and the beatles eventually. Of course if she decides not to then she wont.

Then we will be discussing how many solo singles, how many of then written by her and all that drama, but all in all, Mariah-s 19 #1 is a marvelous achievemnt regardless of records.
                I think you're over-estimating Rihanna.
                ANTI was a "flop" for her standars (tho my fave album by her <3) and her huge collabos with Calvin Harris (2016) & DJ Khaled (2017) couldn't reach the top.
                It's not that easy, like yeah, let's collabo and it's a #1.
                Ask Ari with 34+35 and the remixes with the hottest girls in music at the moment.

Sure, she will collect more #1s but she won't surpass Mariah. She needs 6 #1s to do that.
                Besides that, she doesn't care LOL. Music is not her passion anymore I guess. It's a shame 'cause I love her and her masive bops. I miss seeing her on stage tbh.
                I hope R9 is coming sooner than later.

Comment

I think Mariah may have cheated on Luis Miguel, and for sure he cheated on her! And I think she had a thing with Eminem and was betrayed by him for spilling the tea, which was a very justintimberlaked attitude of him and he should be a next target of the cancel culture.
                  I'm sure she had nothing with M&M.
                  I believe her.
                  And Da Brat never lies:

0:45

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                    "I Know What You Want" is the best hip-hop record/collabo EVER.

Don't @ me.

I forgot about the side effects remix!

definitely IKWYW. No contest

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I'm sure she had nothing with M&M.
                      I believe her.
                      And Da Brat never lies:

0:45

I believe Brat too. I imagine there was hands and stuff

Comment

Rihanna still has collab appeal and many people will ask her to feature and release 37 remixes to get the #1, so I truly think she will surpass Mariah and the beatles eventually. Of course if she decides not to then she wont.

Then we will be discussing how many solo singles, how many of then written by her and all that drama, but all in all, Mariah-s 19 #1 is a marvelous achievemnt regardless of records.
                        Not if Rihanna's pace of music release slows as much as she has between releases. I am honestly surprised she waited this long to release anything since Anti.

I do think one of the hat tricks MC hasn't been offered, or have been reluctant to do, is working with currently popular artists as a feature or collaborating with hot names with mass appeal.

This may seem controversial, but I feel like she, Ari, and JHud really should have come up with something original. I like Oh Santa remix for what it is and it's a nice song. But I really would have hoped they would have done something more. Perhaps now that the friendships have formed they will take the opportunity to do something more, but who knows.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Where I Belong will be sent to radio on April 13th.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I love Da Brat. She and Trey are the most pro Mariah people on this planet. They've never in the slightest said anything negative about her. True friends.
                            My Chart

Comment

I love Da Brat. She and Trey are the most pro Mariah people on this planet. They've never in the slightest said anything negative about her. True friends.
                              Agree, they are both invaluable to her!

even JD has been shady in the past but never these two

Comment

• She’s really not taking herself seriously at the moment and I’m here for it. The more people see it the more they will ‘get her’!

she posted the treadmill video from E=MC2 era on Twitter and it’s picking up pace

https://twitter.com/mariahcarey/stat...879817216?s=21
                                Last edited by WaitYourTurn; Tue April 6, 2021, 15:52.

Comment

• I’m really trying to think positively about DMX’s situation and wish him well, but I can only think of the bad things I’ve seen and heard. I’ll follow Mariah’s lead and wish him a speedy, miraculous recovery.

As for the real reason I’m here...has Mariah ever hit bass notes on a song? Live or recorded? I’m not good at recognizing notes like the rest of you, so if y’all can help a sista out, I’d be eternally grateful.

Melt Away and My All seem to have her lowest recorded notes. Do I have that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Melt Away and My All seem to have her lowest recorded notes. Do I have that right?
                                    So Cold (Mariah's fave) also has some very low notes.

Of course, You and I (Live) is another great example.
                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Chick video on Beavis and Butthead.
                                      not a fan of beavis and butthead but still interesting to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                        Chick video on Beavis and Butthead.
                                        not a fan of beavis and butthead but still interesting to watch.
                                        Pretty amazing to think that Mariah at her height of ‘girlyness’ in the public eye (Daydream) was moonlighting as a grunge outfit on Beavis and Butthead!

she is so mysterious and never short of surprises!

Comment

• “Malibu” is so catchy, I really hope we get a Mariah only version , I feel like it could do something on TikTok

Comment

• I know its a long shot because of ageism, a dwindling fan base, etc but maybe all the lambs should banned together and request WIB at rhythmic radio the day it goes for adds April 13th. A hip hop collab might actually get some traction. With a mild radio hit Mariah could actually leverage for better bargaining on her next project. WIB might actually open a little crack in the door if it slowly takes off a bit at radio.

It will be a lot easier to call urban and rhythmic and request the new Busta joint then it will be requesting the next Mariah single (especially if it sounds anything like With You).

I dont want Mariah to end up like some of her peers regarding radio.

What do you say? One last old fashioned radio request day April 13 to give Where I Belong the best chance at a good start!

Comment

Eminem should have been cancelled by 1999 - the latest. Unfortunately, homophobia and hating women gets you so far.
                                              Originally posted by stevyy View Post

You took the tea right out of my cup!

Lil' Nas X is a very problematic industry plant and his old tweets that have resurfaced are nothing short of sickening. Over the years and with his multiple fake profiles on Twitter he has attacked more children (Blu Ivy especially) and black women artists than anyone else I've ever known yet has never apologized; yet today he portrays any criticism over his messy past as an assault on the entire LGBT community. Nobody is attacking him for making satanic music and being gay... they're exposing his use of controversy and playing victim to secure a #1. I despise even hearing about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                                                I know its a long shot because of ageism, a dwindling fan base, etc but maybe all the lambs should banned together and request WIB at rhythmic radio the day it goes for adds April 13th. A hip hop collab might actually get some traction. With a mild radio hit Mariah could actually leverage for better bargaining on her next project. WIB might actually open a little crack in the door if it slowly takes off a bit at radio.

It will be a lot easier to call urban and rhythmic and request the new Busta joint then it will be requesting the next Mariah single (especially if it sounds anything like With You).

I dont want Mariah to end up like some of her peers regarding radio.

What do you say? One last old fashioned radio request day April 13 to give Where I Belong the best chance at a good start!
                                                There’s about 15-20 active lambs here. It’s Twitter we need to convince!

I’ll help if I can though

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                  “Malibu” is so catchy, I really hope we get a Mariah only version , I feel like it could do something on TikTok
                                                  Its so good. I’m ready to revive the “when are we getting the chick album?” Conversation.

it’s just such a good album! It sits higher in her discography for me than some of her ‘Mariah Carey’ albums!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                    I forgot about the side effects remix!

definitely IKWYW. No contest
                                                    I love the Side Effects Remix.
                                                    It bops a bit harder & Busta is so skilled, I love his flow.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                                    I believe Brat too. I imagine there was hands and stuff
                                                    LMAO, I don't want to imagine that tbh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X