X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought he did also.

https://inews.co.uk/news/business/al...h-carey-746304

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

He didn't. That's why he is so happy it charts every year.

Comment

• If true, it must be recent, so he knows the worth.
      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
        If true, it must be recent, so he knows the worth.
        I think the news was put 1 or 2 years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
          No one will ever sing like this again. Her breathing technique was impeccable.
          Such solid resonant column of voice matched with that insane agility and ease in the upper belt (plus tone) is
          I agree about her breathing technique (also can we talk about her mic technique? like c'mon, amazing!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            Maybe your voodoo was off by a few months after all.
            I tried my best better late than never!

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
              Didn’t IWTKWLI do huge numbers in Argentina? It was #1 for 27 weeks?
              In Brazil bae!
              It spent 27 weeks atop the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay making it the longest running song in the chart's history and managed to break airplay records.
              It was BIG in the country and thanx to being the track of a popular soap opera called Senhora do Destino.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                One of the most beautiful voices in music.
                That voice, that tone, and what she can do with it... just sublime.

Some yell, and screech, and scream and belt till their lungs run out of air... and then there's Mariah just casually singing beautifully.
                There's magic in her voice.
                That buttery tone

You can not train that. It's a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjames0408 View Post
                  Makes sense. He wasn’t named in that ridiculously frivolous lawsuit, and Mariah was, since she has retained her rights to the song.

So yeah, Walter sold his rights to the song at exactly the wrong time. Grifters aren’t too terribly intelligent, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
                    You forgot to say “in my opinion” you’re welcome

In regards to peak Mariah vocals or Mariah in general it’s about preference some people like technically perfect and some prefer a more raw emotional vocal performance.
                    I love to have both versions to compare.
                    The dubbed is way too polished for me and washed away the richness of her tone, that's why I prefer the undubbed.
                    Also in the raw performance you can tell how resonant her voice actually was, she was projecting like crazy and look how far the mic was.

Yes, it's a matter of preference but I would pick her raw vocals any day, even today (she sounds much better live!).

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      I want this as a GIF. Does it exist already? Can't find it when I'm scrolling through GIFs. Or maybe I just name it wrongly.
                      Nope! It doesn't exist yet!
                      I asked for it tho

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Comment

• Mariah Carey x BTS
                          #20th No.1

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

In Brazil bae!
                            It spent 27 weeks atop the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay making it the longest running song in the chart's history and managed to break airplay records.
                            It was BIG in the country and thanx to being the track of a popular soap opera called Senhora do Destino.

Dahling Senhora do Destino was from 2004! Although its soundtrack featured another IWTKWLI cover version by Wynonna. The novela that had Mariah's version was called Viver a Vida.

It was number one for 27 weeks on the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay chart which was the ONLY chart back then (there was no thing as a "main" chart). iTunes only arrived in the region in 2011.
                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

It was not the main chart but the airplay chart..
                              I just wanna know its peak on the main chart.
                              in brazil at the time the airplay was the main chart

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

in brazil at the time the airplay was the main chart
                                Oops I didn't know that.
                                Such a huge success in Brazil.
                                Mariah Carey x BTS
                                #20th No.1

Comment

• Butterfly Bershka tshirt

https://www.bershka.com/es/camiseta-...114211152.html

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                    Oooooh I want!

Comment

• Oops! Ordered one already!
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• 41 030 270 +( 292 103 )

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                          Oops! Ordered one already!
                                          Me 2

Comment

• ---
                                            Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                            www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
                                              Dahling Senhora do Destino was from 2004! Although its soundtrack featured another IWTKWLI cover version by Wynonna. The novela that had Mariah's version was called Viver a Vida.
                                              Oh, seems like they love that song there idkh tho

Was that soap opera THAT successful to help the MC version achieve that?! Never heard of it, and you know in our country there's lots of famous Brazilian telenovelas.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                                I want it, I need it!

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                                  41 030 270 +( 292 103 )
                                                  Good!
                                                  41M yasss

We need to end this year with the song with at least 70M streams.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X