Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside>>≥>>>>
    MAN, SHE DELIVERED.
    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
      I'm always surprised by the amount of streaming IKWYW gets! Does it have good playlisting? I mean I know it was a big hit back then but it surprises me that it constantly receives more streams than songs like Hero or Without You (that I know for a fact are present on good playlists).
      Most of those streams are not coming from playlists.
      It's one of her most viewed videos on YouTube as well, over 264M views (as well as daily views).

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

XmasRiah is very early this year

Comment

• Outside studio version is just a little too polished for my liking. I would have been very interested to hear a live version.
        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
        Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
          For men. YES. The market is empty
          Yes.
          Or genderless/unisex.

Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
          The power of BER, that used to protect this place’s sanity, has diminished. Caution is one of the best albums Mariah has ever released.

Originally posted by luan View Post
          Giving Me Life is her best 2010's song.
          Yep, along with Dedicated and Caution (song).

Originally posted by banksy View Post
          I am screaming at how you spelled “busy”.

Oh, lover. You bring me so much joy.
          OMG the unconscious jumped out

Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
          I’m excited for CBPCH. I love the new version. I think I’m gonna play it right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post
            ‘When I feel it’ and ‘There’s goes my heart’ deserve more.
            I can't believe TGMH wasn't on The Rarities album, or at least part of #MC30. And I took that on a personal level.

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            FILAC is everything. I love it so much. Her best xmas song.
            FILAC is amazing, far from being her best xmas song, but what an amazing addition to her holiday catalog.

The Arlo Remix is so damn good.

Originally posted by Beau View Post
            Speaking of Caution…

I quite like the vulnerability of Portrait. The startling honesty of the first line always gets me. “Where do I go from here…?” I think it’s the way she leans on that “here”, almost as if she’s holding out for an answer from the world. She lightly colours it for a millisecond before she straightens the melody and completes the question. It is that bareness that makes it so chilling.

Mariah writes such beautiful songs.
            I agree.
            Portrait deserves more love.

Originally posted by Sebastian View Post
            I know it's still july and we are faaaar from Christmas, but I got to say, I don't think there's anyone in here who loves The Star as much as I do. It's criminally underrated, maybe because the lambs consider it part of the Stella era, but for me that's when Mariah got back on track with everything. It sounds almost magical
            I love The Star, but I think her vocals on the live performances are way better than the recorded version.

Comment

• 1 TEOM
              Her pen game is so strong, I love when I get to relate to an album content. Her vocals are also fire. I love me some Beltriah! The production was top notch, Mother sang her heart off the whole album.

2 EMC2
              Such a cohesive album, with full of single materials. This album would have been ever bigger than TEOM commercially, if she actually tried as hard as TEOM. All radio friendly, catchy tunes.

3 Charmbracelet
              Took a while for us to love and appreciate this record. But to this date, it still sounds fresh. She took a different approach with her main vocals on this one, which is why it took a while for us to appreciate the quality of the content I believe. Even though there are sone filler songs, there are so many great songs.

4 Caution
              Too short? Yes. Missing a couple of songs that a classic Mariah record would have? Yes. But this album proved once again why we can’t deny how incredibly talented this legend is. 30 years into her catalog, and she came up with this fresh sound!

5 Memoirs
              I actually love Memoirs. It’s so cohesive, she sounds great, and from start to end it is a great rnb journey. And I love me some rnb. Most of the album sounds more dated today, compared to her other records tbh. But I also get how that’s the case since this was mostly an adult ac rnb album.

6 Glitter
              Cute. Very cute. Love me some 80s, love me some disco, love me some dancing.

7 MIAM
              No.

Comment

• AIW is included in the 2020s Decade-end chart so there's a possibility to become song of the decade. Also, it is currently no. 200 in GOAT song so getting that no. 1 spot might be sooner that we think.

A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                  Outside>>≥>>>>
                  MAN, SHE DELIVERED.
                  Outside is just EPIC.
                  But I don't understand why some people are comparing it with Petals or Portrait. Totally different songs.

Petals is one of my favorite songs by her, EVER.
                  A gorgeous poem with shoothing vocals and a super sincere delivery, amazing production btw, the whole arrangement is ACE.

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Can't Take That Away | TMR Acoustic Series (Visualizer)

Comment

• Comment

• Is this picture new?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                          Is this picture new?

No that was back in Chanteuse era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Mariah Carey - Can't Take That Away | TMR Acoustic Series (Visualizer)

A mini concert tour with these types of stripped arrangements of 8-9 songs, in 4-5 dates in LA/NYC would be such a dream for the lambily!

Comment

• It looks like 2012-ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                                AIW is included in the 2020s Decade-end chart so there's a possibility to become song of the decade. Also, it is currently no. 200 in GOAT song so getting that no. 1 spot might be sooner that we think.
                                Xmas GOAT becoming SOTD would be crazy actually.

Nice to se BE at #39

Comment

• Originally posted by Beau View Post
                                  Speaking of Caution…

I quite like the vulnerability of Portrait. The startling honesty of the first line always gets me. “Where do I go from here…?” I think it’s the way she leans on that “here”, almost as if she’s holding out for an answer from the world. She lightly colours it for a millisecond before she straightens the melody and completes the question. It is that bareness that makes it so chilling.

Mariah writes such beautiful songs.
                                  For me it's the prelude to the memoirs. She's talking about those hard years before Caution and I think is beautiful to have this more personal songs

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                    Outside>>≥>>>>
                                    MAN, SHE DELIVERED.
                                    Agree and I can't even put Outside in the Petals type of songs. Outside is similar to My saving grace o flab in terms of theme, production. Petals, portrait or close my eyes are other kind of songs

Comment

• Post 2000 studio albums for me:

1. Godbracelet
                                      2. TEOM
                                      3. Glitter
                                      4. Caution
                                      5. MCIIYou
                                      6. E=MC2
                                      7. MIAM
                                      8. MOAIA
                                      Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                      Forever and always!

Comment

• 1.-TEOM: 10
                                        2.-MCIIY: 10
                                        3.-E=MC2: 10
                                        4.-Caution: 9.5
                                        5.-MOAIA: 8.5
                                        6.-MIAMTEC: 8.5
                                        7.-Glitter: 8.0
                                        8.-Charmbracelet: 7.5

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

I'm always surprised by the amount of streaming IKWYW gets! Does it have good playlisting? I mean I know it was a big hit back then but it surprises me that it constantly receives more streams than songs like Hero or Without You (that I know for a fact are present on good playlists).
                                          It does receive good playlisting on Spotify alongside Hero.

Song Playlists (Current) Playlist reach (Current)
                                          I Know What You Want 1960 12.9M
                                          Hero 1723 14.2M
                                          Without You 1589 8.43M
                                          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• My ranking of the post 2000's album:

1. TEOM ---> A+
                                            2. Caution ---> A+
                                            3. Glitter ---> A
                                            4. MIAMTEC ---> A-
                                            5. E=MC2 ---> B+
                                            6. MOAIA ---> B
                                            7. MCIIY ---> B-
                                            8. Charmbracelet ---> C
                                            Last edited by MrDash; Wed July 27, 2022, 11:10.
                                            She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• We can see we got into the boring zone with nothing to discuss and no music when the endless ranking starts

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                                We can see we got into the boring zone with nothing to discuss and no music when the endless ranking starts
                                                But when we rank her music... angels get their wings, rainbows are created and daydreams fill the air.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• I won’t link to it, but someone who clearly dislikes Mariah reviewed her cookies. It reads like someone who went in knowing they wanted to be diminutive and rude, so they focused on the things that filled that order.

The comments section isn’t kind, either. I don’t know why I even bothered.

And one delusional soul said that Mariah hasn’t been A-list in many, many years. Mariah is permanently A-list. The audacity.

People are mean and snarky for no good reason. There are a lot of celebrities I can’t stand or no longer like, so I ignore them. Going out of my way to be disrespectful seems like a waste of time, energy, and a good mood. Then again, I’m not fueled by misery and negativity, nor do I thrive on it, so naturally, I don’t understand this kind of behavior.
                                                  Last edited by banksy; Wed July 27, 2022, 13:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                                    I won’t link to it, but someone who clearly dislikes Mariah reviewed her cookies. It reads like someone who went in knowing they wanted to be diminutive and rude, so they focused on the things that filled that order.

The comments section isn’t kind, either. I don’t know why I even bothered.

And one delusional soul said that Mariah hasn’t been A-list in many, many years. Mariah is permanently A-list. The audacity.

People are mean and snarky for no good reason. There are a lot of celebrities I can’t stand or no longer like, so I ignore them. Going out of my way to be disrespectful seems like a waste of time, energy, and a good mood. Then again, I’m not fueled by misery and negativity, nor do I thrive on it, so naturally, I don’t understand this kind of behavior.
                                                    I can understand it very well. The internet became a mass media thing in 1996. And since the advent of socal media in 2004... the generations that were born around 1996 learned to hate. It's become their DNA. It's not even their fault. It's the society we are living in. People have stopped living in a commonly shared reality nowadays. We cannot even agree on the most basic of facts anymore. So, it is only natural that people are filled with vitriol. And in order to prevent mass ... depressions... they have to let it out.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X