Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mariah Bruno might sound so smooth and cool. I think everyone would want to hear it. But lets be real, the chances are extremely rare that it will happen. I still stand by the idea that Mariah and Dallas Austin would make something so classic, so great that it would be an instant lamb favorite!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      She was on fire in the San Jose date for the CB Tour.

      My Saving Grace



      CAN'T WAIT FOR VOL PERFORMANCE!
      Her singing technique on this tour has never been replicated in studio

      She really said that’s a no no to all breathiness and just sang from the gut, her tone is everything

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        I wonder if Mariah is attempting to do what was a clearly planned thing from other artists like HER and Victoria Monet:



        She would probably have to ask to get on it

        These kinds of collabs are usually a result of record label people pitching an idea unless an artist sincerely reaches out

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          Leave The Door Open is such a great song. I can hear Mariah doing the ad-libs at the end of the song. The whole sound is like something Mariah could have written. A remix with Mariah would be great, but a new song would be even better.
          I can hear Mariah on Versace On The Floor when I first heard it esp during the runs and belting parts. Bruno is one of my favorite singers after our Queen, and a duet is definitely welcomed. I hope he's one of the male singers (along with Drake or Khalid) they've been working out to sign in for her next album.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

            She would probably have to ask to get on it

            These kinds of collabs are usually a result of record label people pitching an idea unless an artist sincerely reaches out
            Yes, of course.

            It was the case with Miguel as well - which I think a MC-BM collab would be similar to.

            Overall, a collab with a current artist like Bruno brings with it the support that she may not typically get from her own camp now (e.g. Oh Santa!).
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

            Comment


            • Oh Santa did nothing unfortunately. First and foremost the song has to be great. Good wont cut it. It has to be great. I believe Mariah can still do great. My fear is without label support she may have to reach out to these people on her own. My fear also is the two males she hinted at were actually Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. You know Mariah the troll lol #chacha

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                Yes, of course.

                It was the case with Miguel as well - which I think a MC-BM collab would be similar to.

                Overall, a collab with a current artist like Bruno brings with it the support that she may not typically get from her own camp now (e.g. Oh Santa!).
                True! I wish she were with a label for distribution and A&R and radio support, like Beyoncé is with Columbia, Rihanna is with Def Jam, Taylor Swift is with Republic

                The work around for expensive music videos is to find product tie ins, but she’s only done it with AIWFCIY (Make My Wish Come True Edition)
                Last edited by allygdale; Wed April 7, 2021, 15:50.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  None of these songs are in my Top 10

                  No way... the real deal is the Mariah Discography Rate currently presenting Top100 songs!
                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                    Yeah the whole sitting thing was kinda odd. Especially the performance on they hay bails
                    LOL, yeah.
                    The good thing is she looked utterly stunning and this was all pre-Evil Era.
                    But all the #B performances were meh.

                    Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                    She was so statuesqe during this tour. She looked like an athlete!
                    Bish was TONED AF.



                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      I felt bad for Mimi during the #B performances, Miguel is an incredible singer but he’s always singing a different melody and can’t decide what key he is doing live

                      This gave her no room to adlib or harmonize, I wanted her to tell him to sing the right notes

                      it was impossible

                      The biggest slay was the rehearsal of ABMB, sis was on fire
                      I don't think he's "incredible" but he's great!
                      But yeah, he's always changing the melodies, it's ok when u're doing a solo, but when u're doing a duet you have to control yourself and match some vocals with your partner, Mariah seemed loss all the time LMAO and sometimes she wanted to harmonize but it was impossible.

                      My favorites #B performances is either Jamaica (which was a mess but I love it anyway LOL) and the one she did at MLB All-Star Charity Concert (and Miguel wasn't on any of them LOL).

                      ---

                      And yeah, that ABMB rehearsal was a serve.
                      Also the raw takes from Idol were AMAZING.

                      ---

                      Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                      Her voice was actually in such good condition around this time.
                      I know the American Idol performance got slated because of the lipping accusations but her range and belts were unstoppable
                      Yeah, but the problem was that they edited the medley and she sounded very thin and chipmunk-ish with some effect they added and has MIAM album written all over it.
                      Plus they used vocals from 3 different takes and sometimes her mouth wasn't matching what she was singing.

                      The raw takes were MILES BETTER.

                      Compare the quality of her voice:

                      DUBBED



                      UNDUBBED









                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tee View Post
                        Oh Santa did nothing unfortunately. First and foremost the song has to be great. Good wont cut it. It has to be great. I believe Mariah can still do great. My fear is without label support she may have to reach out to these people on her own. My fear also is the two males she hinted at were actually Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. You know Mariah the troll lol #chacha
                        No matter the quality of the song, if there isnt anything to back it up and support it, it honestly does not matter. Things like viral music videos, playlisting, ability to purchase in multiple places, etc etc.

                        So IMO, Oh Santa, or any song, being good/great/poor/bad doesnt really matter.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                        Comment


                        • New Where I Belong cover.

                          Purchase the stand alone single here:
                          https://conglomerateempire.ffm.to/whereibelong

                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
                            Mariah sounds so good in that ABMB rehearsal. I always feel so frustrated for her when she has great vocal moments in the rehearsal or in her concert and then has to deal with stuff during the highly-televised performances. I hope she can have a moment when her voice is slaying and everyone is watching the performance!
                            I agree.
                            When was the last time that this happened tho? LOL.
                            I think she did a great job at the New Years Eve performance 2017/2018, despite being EXTREMELY NERVOUS. Hero was amazing.
                            The Distance at Fallon was good and also With You at GMA (tho lots of lipping going on).

                            I'm fear that she gets used to these pre-recorded performances she's doing from her home and then loose some confidence to do it 100% live on a set.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                              True! I wish she were with a label for distribution and A&R and radio support, like Beyoncé is with Columbia, Rihanna is with Def Jam, Taylor Swift is with Republic

                              The work around for expensive music videos is to find product tie ins, but she’s only done it with AIWFCIY (Make My Wish Come True Edition)
                              Without a proper record deal we will get nothing of a proper era. Unfortunately. It is a shame an artist of Mariah caliber is in this position in her career. Thank Goodness for AIWFCIY. I can not bare to think what her career would look like without it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                How amazing would this be?!

                                Happy that she's so publicly open to collabos now.

                                Originally posted by Mckenry View Post
                                That is honestly and personally the sexiest Mariah look post pregnancy ever.
                                Yeah, she looked hot af.
                                I love the whole vibe.

                                Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Don't know about Rihanna but Mariah and Taylor are never out of their six inch heels lol.
                                Rihanna is as tall as Mariah.
                                Taylor is 1.80m, Mariah around 1.75m and Rihanna 1.74/1.75m as well.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                  No matter the quality of the song, if there isnt anything to back it up and support it, it honestly does not matter. Things like viral music videos, playlisting, ability to purchase in multiple places, etc etc.

                                  So IMO, Oh Santa, or any song, being good/great/poor/bad doesnt really matter.
                                  True. However WBT (as with even as much work that went into that one) was a special song. It screamed hit and made everyone fall back in love with Mariah when they already made up their minds long time ago about her

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                    Wow @ Mariah cosigning the Bruno collab. Would be awesome. Explore that old-school vibe with current producers. Perfect for her.
                                    Definitely.

                                    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                    Leave The Door Open is such a great song. I can hear Mariah doing the ad-libs at the end of the song. The whole sound is like something Mariah could have written. A remix with Mariah would be great, but a new song would be even better.
                                    Yep.
                                    Bruno's parts are very Boyz II Men-esque.

                                    Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    Her singing technique on this tour has never been replicated in studio

                                    She really said that’s a no no to all breathiness and just sang from the gut, her tone is everything
                                    100% agree.
                                    Her technique here is better than on Daydream.
                                    When she performed Hark! in this tour (2 o 3 times) she sounded divine, her voice was so damn fulll.
                                    And yeah, tone is to die for. The richness!


                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                      No way... the real deal is the Mariah Discography Rate currently presenting Top100 songs!
                                      I'm not happy with that list either, LOL.

                                      Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      No matter the quality of the song, if there isnt anything to back it up and support it, it honestly does not matter. Things like viral music videos, playlisting, ability to purchase in multiple places, etc etc.

                                      So IMO, Oh Santa, or any song, being good/great/poor/bad doesnt really matter.
                                      Sad but true.

                                      Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      New Where I Belong cover.
                                      I don't like that pic
                                      They could've chosen a better still from the MV tbh.


                                      Comment


                                      • If We Belong Together was released today, do people think it would top the charts?
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                        Comment


                                        • No. But something that big with that much relatability that fits in this music climate could work. A great song is a great song. Great music is great music. And when it is great (like career defining great) it will always find an audience.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            If We Belong Together was released today, do people think it would top the charts?
                                            No. At all.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              If We Belong Together was released today, do people think it would top the charts?
                                              I don’t think so. I think is too long and a bit boring for me. The video doesn’t really have rewatch value. It’s a vault item and that’s all.


                                              Comment


                                              • More performances from San Jose (CB Tour)

                                                All the attempts!

                                                JOY TO THE WORLD



                                                AIWFCIY



                                                CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY



                                                MAKE IT HAPPEN



                                                This is my favorite MIH performance after MSG I think (and Sydney).
                                                I love that Outro moment.
                                                She supported a sustained E5 with vibrato.

                                                HERO

                                                Eb5 at 1:28, wow!




                                                Comment


                                                • VISION OF LOVE, SAN JOSE (CB TOUR)



                                                  This is one of her best dates from the CBWT.
                                                  She was really experimenting with her voice and did things she didn't attempt in any other show.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                                    I don’t think so. I think is too long and a bit boring for me. The video doesn’t really have rewatch value. It’s a vault item and that’s all.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X