No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It does make her seem older. Stop sis.

anyway… I love the E=MC2 cover. One of her best

Comment

• Great exposure for Latto & Mariah at Pride. They keep on winning

Comment

• I think - and I was just saying this in her charts thread - that My All is the best Latin ballad ever made - by anyone.

In that live performance from Pavarotti and Friends in Italy in 1999, the live band / orchestra even incorporated an accordeon in the bridge part which sealed the deal for me. It is the best latin song ever. (I also think that it is programmed into the recorded version, but very hidden in the background). Therefore, I believe that My All should get 10 million daily streams on Spotify.
        My Chart

Comment

• Also, angelic look! This look is phenomenal.

579418d95a15f4b15fe35f0ee72af868.jpg

My Chart

Comment

• Until now i couldn’t understand how Without You hit 1 in every countries but USA. Yikes
            Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• In it's 18th week Big energy remix drops 2 places to # 37

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                In it's 18th week Big energy remix drops 2 places to # 37
                Uk?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

Uk?
                  #37 in the UK

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post

#37 in the UK
                    Still inside the top 40! Great!!!

Comment

• Break My Soul ft. Madonna, I told y’all Mariah just needs to call Bey for a collab

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        Break My Soul ft. Madonna, I told y’all Mariah just needs to call Bey for a collab
                        But I don’t want Mariah in an random beyonces remix. I need some original song. I hope Beyoncé calls mariah someday for a collab because I doubt mariah would call Bey

Comment

• This has nothing to do with her. Maybe she doesn't want to do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                            Babydoll!
                            Babydoll stems are incredible, another Butterfly song where Mariah removed her own vocals which were amazing from the chorus, they are in the stems

Comment

• Mariah's top streaming songs ranked by total streams: Top 40 Hits

01 - 1,153,634,125 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                              02 - 391,090,540 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                              03 - 277,700,563 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                              04 - 220,051,423 - 1995 - Fantasy
                              05 - 203,273,782 - 2009 - Obsessed
                              06 - 201,476,305 - 2003 - I Know what You Want
                              07 - 200,060,076 - 1993 - Hero
                              08 - 174,552,062 - 1994 - Without You
                              09 - 174,399,598 - 1994 - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                              10 - 136,879,186 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                              --
                              11 - 128,609,981 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                              12 - 111,459,118 - 1998 - When you Believe (with Whitney Houston)
                              13 - 100,813,151 - 2013 - #Beautiful
                              14 - 91,066,590 - 1999 - Heartbreaker
                              15 - 83,142,215 - 1994 - O Holy Night
                              16 - 81,120,178 - 2005 - Shake It Off
                              17 - 80,958,518 - 2011 - All I want for Christmas Is You (ft. JB)
                              18 - 78,043,161 - 1998 - My All
                              19 - 77,215,976 - 1991 - Emotions
                              20 - 70,101,527 - 1994 - Endless Love (with Luther Vandross)
                              --
                              21 - 67,432,538 - 1992 - I'll Be There
                              22 - 63,385,082 - 1994 - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                              23 - 60,257,519 - 2005 - It's Like That
                              24 - 58,351,667 - 1997 - Honey
                              25 - 57,558,832 - 2000 - Against All Odds (ft. Westlife)
                              26 - 56,944,700 - 1994 - Silent Night
                              27 - 53,817,808 - 1995 - Fantasy Remix
                              28 - 47,160,785 - 2020 - Oh Santa! (Remix)
                              29 - 46,049,937 - 1990 - Vision of Love
                              30 - 45,732,406 - 2022 - Big Energy Remix
                              --
                              31 - 44,658,004 - 1993 - Dreamlover
                              32 - 39,378,311 - 1999 - Thank God I Found You
                              33 - 37,636,822 - 2008 - Bye Bye
                              34 - 35,530,517 - 2005 - Don't Forget About Us
                              35 - 32,746,569 - 2009 - I Want To Know What Love Is
                              36 - 29,558,796 - 1990 - Love Takes Time
                              37 - 29,340,628 - 1997 - Breakdown
                              38 - 27,972,118 - 2010 - Oh Santa
                              39 - 25,721,791 - 2002 - Through The Rain
                              40 - 24,534,383 - 2003 - I Know what you Want

any surprises? The GP thinks these 40 songs are The Essential Mariah Carey. Do we deserve a new compilation double disc with those tunes on it?
                              My Chart

Comment

• I can only imagine Beyonce is aware of the Madge-Mariah history which is why she didn’t shout her out

The dreamer in me is hoping Mariah is maybe incorporated into the BMU (Beyonce Musical Universe) with her own different track
                                can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• A f*cking masterpiece

If she did anything else for BFly25 I think this is the song with the most potential

I would adore it stripped down, the melody is insane and she could do it in full voice, would totally slay with like just her and an electric guitar moment a la Purple Rain / Love Story MTV (but rock guitar not Latin)

But I would also be here for a remake with WBT style vocals instead of whisper with a new rapper like Latto, but not a jazzy beat or whatever, it should be modern, because the song is still hit worthy I think

This was the one that got away on Butterfly, I adore The Roof but it was never going to be a hit
                                  Last edited by allygdale; Fri August 5, 2022, 22:40.

Comment

• God she looked so ******* hot in the Breakdown video, I can’t get over it

Comment

• Originally posted by ANH View Post
                                      BMU (Beyonce Musical Universe)
                                      oh you did that!
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by ANH View Post
                                        I can only imagine Beyonce is aware of the Madge-Mariah history which is why she didn’t shout her out

The dreamer in me is hoping Mariah is maybe incorporated into the BMU (Beyonce Musical Universe) with her own different track
                                        I was really pissed mariah was left out when she mentioned so many female singers. maybe she doesn't care for mariah anymore

Comment

• Beyoncé says Mariah Carey is the reason she became a singer

A classic example of Mariah Carey never being take seriously in the music world. I get this might be nothing, but Mariah has always been so respectful towards Beyoncé and Beyoncé has said she become a singer because of MC and not even a name drop with nearly all of the most iconic black female singers.

Embarrassing and disrespectful Beyoncé .... she should know better!

Comment

• Girl who gives af really

Comment

• Originally posted by shhhh View Post

Beyoncé says Mariah Carey is the reason she became a singer

A classic example of Mariah Carey never being take seriously in the music world. I get this might be nothing, but Mariah has always been so respectful towards Beyoncé and Beyoncé has said she become a singer because of MC and not even a name drop with nearly all of the most iconic black female singers.

Embarrassing and disrespectful Beyoncé .... she should know better!
                                              Exactly. How could you drop 7626363 names and don’t mention mariah ? I see many people already saying Beyoncé might not consider Mariah black so she didn’t include her. But Madonna was name dropped and she’s 100% white why couldn’t she consider Mariah who’s biracial

Comment

• what is the latest drama and why am I so out of the loop? Beyoncé mentioned who and what and why is it in this thread?

And why is everything always read as an attack on someone?

I do not think Mariah needs any validation from anyone, muss less a fellow artist.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• It's curious that Mariah wasn't mentioned but at the end of the day it isn't a big deal.. Bey has always shown big love to Mariah since day one and we love her

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    what is the latest drama and why am I so out of the loop? Beyoncé mentioned who and what and why is it in this thread?

And why is everything always read as an attack on someone?

I do not think Mariah needs any validation from anyone, muss less a fellow artist.
                                                    Beyoncé released a remix with Madonna and basically name dropped all the biggest black female artist in the industry and left Mariah Carey out

Last edited by Xmas; Sat August 6, 2022, 01:11.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X