No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care that Mariah was left out. Mariah remains the biggest black female recording artist by factual facts.... isn't the ranking like:

(by albums sales)
    1. Mariah (150m)
    2. Whitney (140m)
    3. Janet Jackson (70m)
    4. Tina (60m)
    5. Diana Ross / Supremes (50m)
    6. Aretha (45m)
    7. Mary J. Blige (40m)
    8. Alicia Keys (35m)
    9. Beyoncé (35m)
    10. Rihanna (35m)

Mariah doesn't need to be named by someone in a song for validation at all.

BTW I love how active Madonna has become on streaming. So many great new projects. Even Frozen has received like 4 remixes... while Mariah... well.. stopped MC30 AGAIN for now. lol.
    My Chart

Comment

• Its actually scary how fans of one of the most successful artists in history can be this insecure about her legacy and standing.

Things that other artists do are not centred around Mariah, same as things Mariah does are not centred around other artists.

Beyonce is under no obligation to name drop Mariah in anything and Mariah does not need to be name dropped by anyone.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Its actually scary how fans of one of the most successful artists in history can be this insecure about her legacy and standing.

Things that other artists do are not centred around Mariah, same as things Mariah does are not centred around other artists.

Beyonce is under no obligation to name drop Mariah in anything and Mariah does not need to be name dropped by anyone.
        Thank you for repeating what I wholeheartedly also agree on and said as well. Mariah does not need any validation by anyone.
        My Chart

Comment

• This is such a non-issue. People are forgetting that Mariah has already received her flowers and honors within the black community (BET) just recently. Please move it along.
          She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• We are all different and we are all passionate about different things. You might be so passionate about something that I'm not, does not mean it's scary and bad.

if you are going to quote I am a singer because of Mariah Carey and then name drop on a song called queens nicki Minaj , then I as a fan, am entitled to say what the hell?

that's all I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              Girl who gives af really
              IKR, if we are going to start calling out songs that don't include a shout-out to Mariah it's going to be a long night.

Comment

• Beyonce was full of praise for Mariah in her early career but she isn't the same person she used to be..
                She's stopped to praise Mariah at a certain point. (probably since TEOM era?)
                Beyonce has become the most critically acclaimed black artist in music industry.
                She has 28 Grammys

I fully understand why she chose Madonna rather than Mariah..
                It's so simple.. Madonna >>>>>>>>>>>> Mariah by the world of music criticism...
                (Beyonce team target the Grammys)
                and Madonna is a way bigger name in music industry..
                Sadly, that's why... and I think Beyonce would never work with Mariah..
                Her team would never let it happen to avoid reputation damage...
                Last edited by Anderson; Sat August 6, 2022, 04:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                  A f*cking masterpiece

If she did anything else for BFly25 I think this is the song with the most potential

I would adore it stripped down, the melody is insane and she could do it in full voice, would totally slay with like just her and an electric guitar moment a la Purple Rain / Love Story MTV (but rock guitar not Latin)

But I would also be here for a remake with WBT style vocals instead of whisper with a new rapper like Latto, but not a jazzy beat or whatever, it should be modern, because the song is still hit worthy I think

This was the one that got away on Butterfly, I adore The Roof but it was never going to be a hit
                  I'm a bit miffed at the slander towards The Roof.

Other than that, nice ideas. I always thought Love Story MTV sounded better than the album track, some songs just sound better stripped down.

Comment

• it was straight up disrespect

just my 2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      Beyonce was full of praise for Mariah in her early career but she isn't the same person she used to be..
                      Beyonce has become the most critically acclaimed black artist in music industry.
                      She has 28 Grammys

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

IKR, if we are going to start calling out songs that don't include a shout-out to Mariah it's going to be a long night.
                        Let us not forget she got a shout out from Katy in This is how we do.
                        " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                        Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Chill, it’s a madonna remix and song sample. I don’t think madonna want a mention of mariah in her song
                          Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• If we want to get technical....

Tina turner
                            Patti labelle
                            chaka khan
                            Dionne warwick
                            Gladys knight
                            Mary j Blige
                            Jennifer hudson

Wasn't mentioned either
                            Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Sat August 6, 2022, 07:37.

Comment

• It's weird, but we don't know about her current relationship

Comment

• all this drama for Mariah not being mentioned in a song where Madonna is named „the Queen“ … sorry, but no.

Mariah is the Queen herself.

Comment

• I don't see drama

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

If we want to get technical....

Tina turner
                                    Patti labelle
                                    chaka khan
                                    Dionne warwick
                                    Gladys knight
                                    Mary j Blige
                                    Jennifer hudson

Wasn't mentioned either
                                    Maybe it's hard to get their names to rhyme
                                    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Why do some of y’all in here always interpret Mariah not being mentioned somewhere as direct attack lol
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                        Beyonce was full of praise for Mariah in her early career but she isn't the same person she used to be..
                                        She has 28 Grammys

How many drinks did you have?
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I was just at a rave in BK headlined by one of B’s producers/remixers. So mucu fun!
                                          can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by ANH View Post
                                            I was just at a rave in BK headlined by one of B’s producers/remixers. So mucu fun!
                                            Are you talking about Honey Dijon? She's a legend.
                                            You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• It's because Beyonce considers Mariah as competition.
                                              AsaPUKE ing bola
                                              king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

Are you talking about Honey Dijon? She's a legend.
                                                Nope, it was Nita Aviance.
                                                can you commit to be my everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

Maybe it's hard to get their names to rhyme
                                                  Hahahaha

I was thinking the same thing when listening to the remix...

Comment

• They had style, they had grace
                                                    MARIAH CAREY gave good face
                                                    Shania, Celine, j.lo too
                                                    Whitney Houston, we love you
                                                    Ladies with an attitude
                                                    Fellas that were in the mood
                                                    Don't just stand there, let's get to it
                                                    Strike a pose, there's nothing to it....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X