Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

I can hear Mariah on Versace On The Floor when I first heard it esp during the runs and belting parts. Bruno is one of my favorite singers after our Queen, and a duet is definitely welcomed. I hope he's one of the male singers (along with Drake or Khalid) they've been working out to sign in for her next album.
    A Mariah/Khalid duet would be sublime... I've always thought that "Talk" was somehow based on "We Belong Together" as even the fan-made mash-ups go perfectly together.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
        A Mariah/Khalid duet would be sublime... I've always thought that "Talk" was somehow based on "We Belong Together" as even the fan-made mash-ups go perfectly together.
        I agree!
        I love "Love Lies" so much <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Oops!! I misread! I just watched the Where I Belong video and thought the question was about that song!

WBT would definitely be a hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
            Oops!! I misread! I just watched the Where I Belong video and thought the question was about that song!

WBT would definitely be a hit!
            Oh, ok

Tho I think if Mariah would come with WBT in 2021 it wouldn't be a hit.
            But actually, who knows?!
            The music field is so unpredictable and Mariah is a special case.

Comment

• Comment

• That Mariah-Billie podcast was short but sweet. The podcast medium suits her so well.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  The podcast medium suits her so well.
                  I agree.

---

She was ON FIRE in Costa Mesa.

HERO

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Her singing technique on this tour has never been replicated in studio

She really said that’s a no no to all breathiness and just sang from the gut, her tone is everything
                    Lovely!

Vocal experts: are those high notes at the end considered head voice? Is superhead the same as a "female falsetto" and how is this different than head voice? Thanks in advance!
                    You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Mariah's Bruno tweet comes close to the 8 year anniversary of this moment:

Comment

• Queen Of It's A Long Road

1998 (last clip) - 2003 (last clip) - 2014 (first clip) are my favorites.

2014 was the best IMO. Tone, clarity, agility.

Mariah Carey Hero “Its a Long Road” Incredible belts (1993-2020)

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                          Is superhead the same as a "female falsetto" and how is this different than head voice? Thanks in advance!
                          No.
                          Superhead would be like an extension of head voice, which it means it's connected.
                          Falsetto is disconnected (same as whistle) while head voice is connected.

You have:
                          - Head Voice
                          - Super Head Voice (tho some people will say it's just a high head voice)
                          Both are connected.

Then you have:
                          - Falsetto
                          - Whistle
                          Both are disconnected.

Sometimes it's not easy to tell the differences between a super head voice, a high falsetto, or a whistle.
                          Super head voice is fuller, a bit darker and heavier than a whistle or a high falsetto.
                          (High) falsetto is airier and lighter than (super) head voice but it has less freedom than a whistle and sounds more constricted (Xtina uses high falsetto instead of whistle for example). Remember that both are disconnected.
                          Whistles have a special sound, as I said, if you have real access to that register, it sounds even lighter and also it sounds freer.

Hope it helps!

Comment

• I love Busta! LOL.

I still don't understand the 48 hours exclusive for Facebook, but anyway!

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            Mariah's Bruno tweet comes close to the 8 year anniversary of this moment:
                            Stop!

Comment

• What's the point of making a USA exclusive release on Facebook? Isn't it much easier to put in on Youtube right away? Seriously, where is the profit

It's all giving me TAOLG release teas.
                              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                What's the point of making a USA exclusive release on Facebook? Isn't it much easier to put in on Youtube right away? Seriously, where is the profit

It's all giving me TAOLG release teas.

I thought they were doing a live or something LOL.
                                It's true that now streams from Facebook count for the Hot100, but the song won't chart anyway so that's not important.
                                Maybe he has some kind of deal with Facebook, but from all the platforms, it's the weakest one.
                                And why making it available only in US for 48 hs?
                                A mess of a release!

Comment

• It has to be a deal with Facebook. But Mariah didn’t even repost the video.

Comment

• Facebook music videos is fairly new and it has not yet been rolled out internationally, which is the main reason it's not available elsewhere - not that it was a choice to exclude other countries.

Besides, his appeal is mainly for the USA currently so it is reaching the right audience for him. The big issue for Facebook music videos at the moment is that news articles do not seem to be easily embedding it into news stories as it does for Youtube videos. So perhaps that is something they need to work on.

I was thinking about these these types of projects with Mariah's name on it. Just how many collabs or projects she does with other people flopping before it is unappealing or not adding much to work with her? At what point does it all undermine any weight her name allegedly carries?

For these kinds of reasons, I do hope the project is somewhat successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                      It has to be a deal with Facebook. But Mariah didn’t even repost the video.
                                      She only retweeted Busta posts.
                                      She doesn't seem any excited LOL.

Remember that '17 was one of her worst years EVER, I wonder what she feels about the song, the video, the look, etc. (I like the song and I like the video and also the look, except maybe the hair, but she looks really hot IMO).
                                      I Imagine it could be a bit traumatic when u revive the moment now in perspective.

Comment

I was thinking about these these types of projects with Mariah's name on it. Just how many collabs or projects she does with other people flopping before it is unappealing or not adding much to work with her? At what point does it all undermine any weight her name allegedly carries?

With a Wednesday release on a currently weak platform and Mariah doing basically nothing, I can't expect any kind of minimum success.
                                        I mean, US fans (from Busta & Mariah) are already seeing it via Facebook. So that will hurt some future views - when he makes it available everywhere.
                                        Plus the video leaked weeks ago, almost everyone has seen it.
                                        How many views has the video on Facebook now? I can't see it of course, LOL.

IMO it's gonna flop, maybe it could make some noise in the urban/hip-hop field, where he's ultra respected, and so is Mimi.
                                        At least is his project this time

Comment

• Alicia Machado: “OjalŠ que Mariah Carey y Luis Miguel otra vez fueran novios y tuvieran un hijo”

around 2:30

LMAO noooooo

Comment

• This is heaven.

Comment

Facebook music videos is fairly new and it has not yet been rolled out internationally, which is the main reason it's not available elsewhere - not that it was a choice to exclude other countries.

Besides, his appeal is mainly for the USA currently so it is reaching the right audience for him. The big issue for Facebook music videos at the moment is that news articles do not seem to be easily embedding it into news stories as it does for Youtube videos. So perhaps that is something they need to work on.

I fully share your concerns. Those flops could undermine her name, even that not being her project. That's why I hope at least in the hip-hop/urban radios this single make some mild noise.
                                              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

Well apart from #Beautiful which was in 2013 her own projects have not exactly been making any noise either ? She dominates at Christmas of course but I think the Ariana collab showed that it is definitely tied to that specific song, as it certainly did not spill over to the new track.

I mean at this point if any big name does a collab with Mariah it is her that will be getting the benefit largely. Also she has to be prepared to give up some control I think and allow herself to be open to doing something new.
                                                Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• WIB surpassed 500K streams on Facebook.

Comment

• They’re “old” and WIB doesn’t exactly sound fresh or current. So......

Comment

Working...
                                                    X