No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s so pleasant when an artist gets a new achievement, he/she will always be the second to Mariah, who did it first.

No shade to Beyonce, I love her new album and BMS deserved that #1.

Last edited by ChristmasJedi; Mon August 8, 2022, 20:23.

Comment

• This is so sad, as an Australian she is one of our greats, a legend and courageous woman. Her mark on pop-culture is undeniable. RIP

Mariah must be devastated, i'm sure she'll say something in due course.
      Last edited by skylynx; Mon August 8, 2022, 20:18.

Comment

• So sad. Mariah must be devastated

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
          It’s so pleasant when an artist gets a new achievement, he/she will always be the second to Mariah, who did it first.

Well to be honest its not exactly the same thing. Mariahs no 1 in the 2010s and 2020s has been with All I want for Christmas is you. Beyonce has done it with 4 different tracks. Also Beyonce already had done it with the Savage remix.
          " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Olivia has always been so supportive of Mariah.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IhPepXf97eE

Comment

• i am quite sick and tired of people trying to expand the achievement of this artist by posting wrong informations.
              first. AIWFCIY is more credible achievement because she has done it 29 years into her career next and even more facts. Beyonce debuted in 2003, people are always giving her the credit from her works with DC so the fact is, she topped in 3 diff decades not 4 which is impressive itself, also she not 60 weeks commutative 17 of those are from DC she is currently 44 weeks . If that’s that case Diana ross should have 18#1, Michael jackson should have 17#1 and more impressive Paul Mccartney should have 35#1 hits and Gos know how many weeks they spent commutatively with those . There are rules. Beyonce is in her 3rd decade as solo period. Mariah holds the record by herself so far.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well to be honest its not exactly the same thing. Mariahs no 1 in the 2010s and 2020s has been with All I want for Christmas is you. Beyonce has done it with 4 different tracks. Also Beyonce already had done it with the Savage remix.
              Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• We have this moment forever... RIP Olivia

Olivia was one of Mariah's heroes

Comment

• I'm heartbroken

Comment

• Another thing to look in the following weeks is whether Mariah will keep her record for the longest spans of Hot 100 #1s. Elton John is releasing a collaboration with Britney Spears next week. If the song goes #1, that record will be lost for good, since Elton first was in 1973.

Longest Spans of Hot 100 No. 1s:
                    Mariah Carey – 31 years, five months, one week (Aug. 4, 1990-Jan. 8, 2022)
                    Cher – 28 years, five months (Nov. 6, 1971-April 3, 1999)
                    Elton John – 24 years, 11 months, one week (Feb. 3, 1973-Jan. 10, 1998)
                    Beach Boys – 24 years, four months (July 4, 1964-Nov. 5, 1988)
                    Michael Jackson – 22 years, 10 months, three weeks (Oct. 14, 1972-Sept. 2, 1995)
                    Stevie Wonder – 22 years, six months (Aug. 10, 1963-Feb. 8, 1986)
                    Rod Stewart – 22 years, four months (Oct. 2, 1971-Feb. 5, 1994)
                    Aretha Franklin – 19 years, 10 months, two weeks (June 3, 1967-April 18, 1987)
                    Beyoncé – 19 years, one month (July 12, 2003-Aug. 13, 2022)
                    George Harrison – 17 years, three weeks (Dec. 26, 1970-Jan. 16, 1988)
                    Madonna – 15 years, nine months, one week (Dec. 22, 1984-Oct. 7, 2000)

Comment

• 0.39 () I mean, in the context of this now, i'm heartbroken.

Also 2:22. It's so interesting that she has two of Grease' main stars as her friends. She must admire them so much and look up to them when she was growing up.

Comment

• Melissa, get the damn tribute up girl!

Comment

• Olivia Newton-John, what an incredibly courageous fighter. She was a sweet, caring human being who gave her all fighting for her health, fighting for others and making us giggle and cry and get physical with her countless accomplishments within the entertainment industry. A true legend of the highest order and one of Australia's biggest exports and finest people.

The world lost a megastar today, but she will never ever be forgotten.

Sleep well and may you rest in peace. <3
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Sri View Post
                            Everybody needs to hear Mariah on 'my love'. That tone needs 5 billion plays.
                            That's one of her worst studio vocals ever, and it's only rivaled by Lil Snowman.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                              Olivia Newton-John, what an incredibly courageous fighter. She was a sweet, caring human being who gave her all fighting for her health, fighting for others and making us giggle and cry and get physical with her countless accomplishments within the entertainment industry. A true legend of the highest order and one of Australia's biggest exports and finest people.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                Another thing to look in the following weeks is whether Mariah will keep her record for the longest spans of Hot 100 #1s. Elton John is releasing a collaboration with Britney Spears next week. If the song goes #1, that record will be lost for good, since Elton first was in 1973.

Longest Spans of Hot 100 No. 1s:
                                Mariah Carey – 31 years, five months, one week (Aug. 4, 1990-Jan. 8, 2022)
                                Cher – 28 years, five months (Nov. 6, 1971-April 3, 1999)
                                Elton John – 24 years, 11 months, one week (Feb. 3, 1973-Jan. 10, 1998)
                                Beach Boys – 24 years, four months (July 4, 1964-Nov. 5, 1988)
                                Michael Jackson – 22 years, 10 months, three weeks (Oct. 14, 1972-Sept. 2, 1995)
                                Stevie Wonder – 22 years, six months (Aug. 10, 1963-Feb. 8, 1986)
                                Rod Stewart – 22 years, four months (Oct. 2, 1971-Feb. 5, 1994)
                                Aretha Franklin – 19 years, 10 months, two weeks (June 3, 1967-April 18, 1987)
                                Beyoncé – 19 years, one month (July 12, 2003-Aug. 13, 2022)
                                George Harrison – 17 years, three weeks (Dec. 26, 1970-Jan. 16, 1988)
                                Madonna – 15 years, nine months, one week (Dec. 22, 1984-Oct. 7, 2000)
                                I don’t think that song from Elton is gonna top the charts. Dua Lipa duet was a HUGE hit worldwide and didn’t even go #1 even tho has longevity

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  Olivia Newton-John, what an incredibly courageous fighter. She was a sweet, caring human being who gave her all fighting for her health, fighting for others and making us giggle and cry and get physical with her countless accomplishments within the entertainment industry. A true legend of the highest order and one of Australia's biggest exports and finest people.

I read this as I was listening to I Honestly Love You, and I coudn't handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I read this as I was listening to I Honestly Love You, and I coudn't handle it.
                                    I'm a mess right now. Crying non-stop

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      Melissa, get the damn tribute up girl!
                                      Mariah is always late to respond to breaking news....

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Maybe Mariah is devastated right now. She knew the woman and loved her

Comment

• Olivia ALWAYS supported Mariah!

Comment

• Never heard this before. Mariah singing I Will Survive at a restaurant with the piano player.

http://marcokircher.com
                                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                            IG: marco235

Comment

• Much love to Olivia Newton-John and her family! My cousins and I would watch Grease and each play a character singing along and doing the script! She fought against cancer for so long. May she be at rest now!
                                              http://marcokircher.com
                                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                              IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                Never heard this before. Mariah singing I Will Survive at a restaurant with the piano player.
                                                When was that? Her voice was very rough. But it kind of worked I guess.
                                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Her tweet about Whitney’s passing was how I found out. She’s early sometimes.

Comment

Olivia ALWAYS supported Mariah!

If I remember correctly that last video from last year or 2020. It’s very recent

Comment

Working...
                                                    X