• Show
Clear All

• I love Somewhat Loved’s vocals idc y’all bitches sleep

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      I love Somewhat Loved’s vocals idc y’all bitches sleep
      I think it has some great adlibs!

Comment

• Just had to comment on the lovely ONJ post With Mariah, you can easily tell who she respects (and who she doesn't). Her duet with Olivia was unique in that, among her other duets with her idols (Aretha, Diana, etc.) she seemed the most comfortable and even disarmed and endeared by singing with Olivia, in her body language. Could also be bc she was at her own concert, where she is always more relaxed, as opposed to a live television event where other singers are headlining.
        Also remember that Olivia was one among a list of people Mariah mentioned in a magazine article who offered their support to her when she was in the hospital in 2001, others included Elton John, Stevie Nicks, George Michael and Whitney (the latter two also getting the same heartfelt tribute treatment from Mariah, no coincidence I don't think).
        And lastly, I love how she mentioned Olivia's "airy tone" bc it never occurred to me that Olivia would be an influence on Mariah's "whisper voice" but now it makes complete sense coming from her!

Comment

• My love's vocals are ace, fight me.
          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDC View Post
            Just had to comment on the lovely ONJ post With Mariah, you can easily tell who she respects (and who she doesn't). Her duet with Olivia was unique in that, among her other duets with her idols (Aretha, Diana, etc.) she seemed the most comfortable and even disarmed and endeared by singing with Olivia, in her body language. Could also be bc she was at her own concert, where she is always more relaxed, as opposed to a live television event where other singers are headlining.
            Also remember that Olivia was one among a list of people Mariah mentioned in a magazine article who offered their support to her when she was in the hospital in 2001, others included Elton John, Stevie Nicks, George Michael and Whitney (the latter two also getting the same heartfelt tribute treatment from Mariah, no coincidence I don't think).
            And lastly, I love how she mentioned Olivia's "airy tone" bc it never occurred to me that Olivia would be an influence on Mariah's "whisper voice" but now it makes complete sense coming from her!
            I agree with you on all of this. Regarding that last point, I thought the same thing. ONJ's tone was something she found beautiful and admired, so it would make sense that she would try to produce this quality in her own voice.

ONJ had a beautiful voice and was a gifted singer. She seems like she was a lovely and kind person.
            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Speaking of remixes. These are her most streamed remixes on Spotify:

53,9 million - 1995 - Fantasy Remix
              47,1 million - 2020 - Oh Santa Remix
              21,1 million - 2000 - Thank God I Found You / Make It Last Remix
              14,7 million - 2010 - Angels Cry Remix
              10,7 million - 1999 - Heartbreaker Remix
              6,9 million - 2005 - We Belong Togeter Remix
              6,2 million - 2009 - Obsessed Remix
              5,5 million - 2017 - Unforgettable Remix (Acoustic)
              4,2 million - 1998 - Breakdown (The Mo' Thugs) Remix
              3,4 million - 2000 - All I want for Christmas Is You (So So Def) Remix

All of these are smooth R&B super jams. No dance remix comes close.
              I usually prefer the dance remixes myself.
              Some of my favorite dance remixes:

Emotions (Special Motion Edit)
              Anytime You Need A Friend (7" Mix)
              Dreamlover (Def Club Mix Edit)
              Fantasy (Def Club Mix)
              Always Be My Baby (Def Classic Radio Version)
              My All (Classic Radio Club Mix)
              I Still Believe (Morales Classic Club Mix Edit)
              Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely (Junior's Heartbreaker Club Mix)
              Against All Odds (Pound Boys Radio Edit)
              Say Somethin' (David Morales Radio Edit)
              Touch My Body (Craig C Radio Mix)
              I Stay In Love (Jody den Broeder Radio Mix)
              Betcha Gon' Know (Jump Smokers Remix)
              Obsessed (Jump Smokers Radio Edit)
              H.A.T.E.U. (Jump Smokers Remix)
              Triumphant (Vintage Throwback Radio)
              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I need someone to do a mix between Mariah's "GTFO" and Cat Burns "go" the lyrics and the slow move feeling are kinda similar
                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I know this is off topic. But since Olivia was mentioned here, another local actress/singer here in the Philippines died of cancer just three days before Olivia's passing. I even had no idea she was ill. Her name was Cherie Gil. She was the ultimate villain in movies. Her most famous line was "You're nothing but a second rate, trying hard, copycat!" But you can find her on Spotify as well. She only had two songs there. But boy, she could sing! She sold everything she owned before packing up and moved to New York early this year. She died in a hospital there. Cancer is a traitor.

Comment

• Olivia (R.I.P) also covered "Help me make it though the night" - just heard it.
                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Speaking of remixes, I made this playlist a little while ago. It has my favorite dance remixes, plus BER and some dance songs that sample Mariah.

Last edited by HereForMariah; Wed August 10, 2022, 14:55.

Comment

• Also, as the season approaches, please don't forget this one. I love, love, love these. They are so easy to listen to on repeat, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by HereForMariah View Post
                          Also, as the season approaches, please don't forget this one. I love, love, love these. They are so easy to listen to on repeat, too.

As the season approaches? It’s the first half of August! Lol. I’ll start spinning that in 3 months or so
                          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                            I’m hoping Sony does a massive RIAA certification update for Mariah this Xmas (like they just did this week for Beyonce).

We are expecting the Diamond for Merry Xmas and perhaps for her debut album, but hopefully we get other new album and single certifications.

I imagine Fantasy should get another platinum plaque and help Daydream go up as well.

Obsessed is one of her more streamed songs so it’d be nice to see Memoirs go platinum.

It’s not going to happen, but it would be nice to see Caution go Gold.
                            I always think she should seperate her Diamond certification for the debut and MC. No point doing it all at once because it just dilutes the other, better to give MC it's momment and then the debut next year or whenever.

Two celebrations

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

As the season approaches? It’s the first half of August! Lol. I’ll start spinning that in 3 months or so
                              LOL Sorry... as HER season approaches? AIW is already back in her top 10 most streamed on Spotify.

Comment

• She was so confident and assured of herself in these earlier interviews. The way she speaks is also one of a confident person very clear of what she wants to do and say.

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

ONJ had a beautiful voice and was a gifted singer. She seems like she was a lovely and kind person.
                                  She was a living proof that yours doesn't have to be a BIG voice to convey emotion. A very recognizable voice, great catalogue and an unforgettable character. A true icon!

Comment

• Originally posted by HereForMariah View Post
                                    Speaking of remixes, I made this playlist a little while ago. It has my favorite dance remixes, plus BER and some dance songs that sample Mariah.

You may like my playlist with remixes, hits, album tracks, rarities and more:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...228769c1694fde
                                    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• I still think Butterfly 25 has something in store for us

Father forgive me for my sins, Mariah is my queen but I am SICK of Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        I still think Butterfly 25 has something in store for us
                                        So do I.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                          I still think Butterfly 25 has something in store for us

Father forgive me for my sins, Mariah is my queen but I am SICK of Christmas
                                          Yeah. I don't think she would have done the hashtag and all that if there wasn't something behind it, even if it is something small.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                            She was so confident and assured of herself in these earlier interviews. The way she speaks is also one of a confident person very clear of what she wants to do and say.

So here she says her demo was written in a studio in manhattan. Interesting.. she's generally claimed it was written in some woodshed.
                                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

So here she says her demo was written in a studio in manhattan. Interesting.. she's generally claimed it was written in some woodshed.
                                              Mariah is prone to exaggeration. I imagined it as some wooden garden shed kinda vibe as well. Im sure she used the word shack.
                                              In the book she says it was the size of a pantry, in the back of a factory, that wasn't far from a chicken coop. I guess we won't know what it actually was, but being an almost full studio set up inside a factory, I don't think it was the definition of shack as I imagined it.
                                              Last edited by Watlingstreet; Wed August 10, 2022, 21:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watlingstreet View Post

Mariah is prone to exaggeration. I imagined it as some wooden garden shed kinda vibe as well. Im sure she used the word shack.
                                                In the book she says it was the size of a pantry, in the back of a factory, that wasn't far from a chicken coop. I guess we won't know what it actually was, but being an almost full studio set up inside a factory, I don't think it was the definition of shack as I imagined it.
                                                I definitely remember her referring to it as a woodshed and saying that it smelled of wood chips. Bless her.
                                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• https://lucascava.medium.com/behind-...e-3622811af0d0

Carey wrote Vision Of Love with writing partner Ben Margulies circa December 1988/January 1989 at his small studio in New York while in the midst of procuring a record deal with label Columbia after her demo tape had impressed studio executives. Mariah would note the particularly ecstatic atmosphere at the time of the recording, “I mean, that was a very good time in my life when I wrote that song, when I recorded that song, that was like — I wrote it right after I got, you know, first got signed — I don’t even think I was signed yet, I just first knew I was going to have a record deal and I recorded it in the back of this wood shed when I was still doing demos in this little studio.”

Carey would note in a 1991 interview how this experience would shape her next release, “My first album was a lot of experimentation. I was kind of scattered in a way. I had most of the songs when I signed my record deal, but it was so overwhelming for me to go from being in this tiny studio in the back of a woodshed up to working in these incredibly vast, big time studios. It was a big transition and I think that on the next album I’ll have more of a total picture mapped out before I go into the studio — I’ll have everything written and know exactly who’s going to co-produce with me.”

Here—for those sticklers out there
                                                  funny how one can learn
                                                  to grow numb to the madness
                                                  and block it away

Comment

• I don't know why y'all are arguing.

We have actual footage of Mariah recording in the woodshed on a farm.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X