No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you all are from another planet..

She will only do her biggest hits, not like she has a choice really... Same for others, save for the current acts with current hits.

How many songs are we thinking? 5 plus a medley of 3-4?
    I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
      Some of you all are from another planet..

She will only do her biggest hits, not like she has a choice really... Same for others, save for the current acts with current hits.

How many songs are we thinking? 5 plus a medley of 3-4?
      I think it's around 30min set

Comment

• I would also die for a Mariah Metallica moment
        funny how one can learn
        to grow numb to the madness
        and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I think it's around 30min set
          That's enough to perform the majority of Caution omg
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Off topic, but theres an interview mariah did back in 2010 when she was first pregnant and she was promoting merry xmas ll u. I think it was for like the home shopping network. She was sitting in a leather chair and was moving. Then she clarified that it was the chair making the noise and that she didnt fart. Lol so funny. Any one know where i can find that clip? It makes me really happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post
              Oh please Mariah sing just 1 Chick song please please please
              Give up already, that's never gonna happen.

Comment

• With a 30 min slot, there really is only time for about 5-6 songs max.

These are a given:

* Hero
                * Make It Happen
                * Fantasy (likely Big Energy Remix style)

These two are also likely, though I hope she parks them (they've been performed many times already)

* We Belong Together
                * Always Be My Baby

The one's I want her to try incorporating are:

* Heartbreaker Remix (with Bros coming up, this may be a good opportunity to do a remix mashup and create some fun on stage with Billy)
                * Hopelessly Devoted To You or I Honestly Love You (I would burst into tears if she does this, celebrating a woman who has dedicated most of her life to empowerment and lifting women and people everywhere)
                * The Roof (if there was a Butterfly song or a deep-cut, it think she should give this a try, the yankees would love it)
                * I'll Be There (if they need another in-theme song)

Comment

• Omg an Olivia Newton John tribute/moment would be fantastic!!!!

Comment

• Idc what she performs just do it well and serve an actual look

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                      Amazing news. When was the last time she performed a full set? Since before Covid right?

Comment

• What a great news! Those big festivals are amazing for her. Hopefully it will put her on the map for more prestigious festivals, at least in North America! I think the last time was the FEQ in Canada (July 2019). If anything it will generate some buzz if she has a new song or bring a guest on stage that would be great!
                        Last edited by Xmas; Thu August 11, 2022, 17:09.

Comment

• Can we hear Mariah on this?

Comment

• Comment

• Mariah and Metallica: Nothing Else Matters...
                              Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

Amazing news. When was the last time she performed a full set? Since before Covid right?
                                I think it was Iheart radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                  Omg an Olivia Newton John tribute/moment would be fantastic!!!!
                                  No! She’s Mariah Carey.. she’ll get nailed in the press
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

No! She’s Mariah Carey.. she’ll get nailed in the press
                                    If she actually puts the work in, like she did for iHeart, has a nice look and does a good show, the press will praise her. Just like the iHeart and BET performances.

Comment

• I'm a huge Metallica fan, I am not able to picture Mimi on Nothing else matters though? The song has to completely change imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                        Omg an Olivia Newton John tribute/moment would be fantastic!!!!
                                        I personally would love that!
                                        NOT hopelessly devoted.
                                        I honestly love you, would be perfect. its more intimate!

At the same time, I understand why it would be inappropriate or in poor taste, to perform an ONJ song.
                                        IMO, It needs to be done right and respectfully. Mariah should ask permission from the family first.

Comment

• I wish her all the best!!!! I hope she will blow everyone away with her emotion.

hopefully, she uses the time to get in shape (she’s more comfortable on Stage when she feels „attractive“) and train her voice and puts a good setlist together.

hopefully, some heartfelt songs rearranged to let her voice shine!!

please, Mimi, wear black jeans, a casual shirt and heels u can walk in.. leave the diva theme this time at home and just be the legendary singer/songwriter u are!!

Comment

• Y’all realize Butterfly’s release date is September 16th, 1997, and this year September 16th falls on a Friday, aka release day? Then Global Citizen the following week

Comment

• Anyone knows what’s the name of that jazzy song at 2:10?

Comment

• Comment

• both songs will obviously surpass 50 million (soon). MC never loses.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• We Belong Together making a resurgence. It was languishing a bit at the first part of the year though is starting to power through. Already overtaking Fantasy.

I'd like to see more new songs on this list.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X