No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe if we all call our local rhythmic urban radio stations on the 13th we can help the song instead of complain that it will not go anywhere. A small urban hit can do wonders for her next project. It is the thing she did not have before Caution came out. Let us all help one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      They’re “old” and WIB doesn’t exactly sound fresh or current. So......
      Yeah, it sounds a bit out-dated for me.
      Still I like it for what it is and I'm glad we got the song and the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
        Maybe if we all call our local rhythmic urban radio stations on the 13th we can help the song instead of complain that it will not go anywhere. A small urban hit can do wonders for her next project. It is the thing she did not have before Caution came out. Let us all help one more time.
        Do you mean "us" here in the thread?
        We're like 10 lambs posting, and half are from other countries.
        We're gonna need a big campaign on Twitter and even then it will be hard.
        The campaign for Oh Santa! Remix did nothing for the song.

Anyway, I saw some radio stations (hip-hop, of course) posting about the collabo on Twitter.

Comment

• There was a time in Mariah land where every single had a push like a dedicated radio request day etc. I know all the street teams are gone and stuff but we can all do what we can to help. Some may say why bother on this one, it is a Busta single... but that is exactly why. Radio especially urban will play him and then Mariah gets a little visibility. Remember it was Bustas song that brought her back in 2003. Everyone cites TEOM as the come back of all comebacks but I actually say it was IKWYW.

we cant wait for the miracle Bruno collaboration to get her back on radio. We have to deal with the here and now.

we have 1 week to get some ideas together and prepare.
          Last edited by tee; Thu April 8, 2021, 04:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
            There was a time in Mariah land where every single had a push like a dedicated radio request day etc. I know all the street teams are gone and stuff but we can all do what we can to help. Some may say why bother on this one, it is a Busta single... but that is exactly why. Radio especially urban will play him and then Mariah gets a little visibility. Remember it was Bustas song that brought her back in 2003. Everyone cites TEOM as the come back of all comebacks but I actually say it was IKWYW.

we cant wait for the miracle Bruno collaboration to get her back on radio. We have to deal with the here and now.

we have 1 week to get some ideas together and prepare.
            If you want to help the best thing to do IMO is to buy the song on iTunes. Busta has like 8 versions of the song. If the song reaches #1 on iTunes or some obscure Billboard Digital Download chart it could create headlines and therefore free promo for the general public to go check it out

Last edited by Xmas; Thu April 8, 2021, 04:35.

Comment

• Gorgeous and classy.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

No.
                  Superhead would be like an extension of head voice, which it means it's connected.
                  Falsetto is disconnected (same as whistle) while head voice is connected.

You have:
                  - Head Voice
                  - Super Head Voice (tho some people will say it's just a high head voice)
                  Both are connected.

Then you have:
                  - Falsetto
                  - Whistle
                  Both are disconnected.

Sometimes it's not easy to tell the differences between a super head voice, a high falsetto, or a whistle.
                  Super head voice is fuller, a bit darker and heavier than a whistle or a high falsetto.
                  (High) falsetto is airier and lighter than (super) head voice but it has less freedom than a whistle and sounds more constricted (Xtina uses high falsetto instead of whistle for example). Remember that both are disconnected.
                  Whistles have a special sound, as I said, if you have real access to that register, it sounds even lighter and also it sounds freer.

Hope it helps!
                  THANK YOU! Very helpful explanation.
                  You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• I just noticed that Jade Ewen (the actress that is portraying Mariah in Luis Miguel series Season II) made this post on Nov '20:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHdWYnOpeDt/

with a pic of Mariah's memoir

jadeewenofficial
                    My absolute idol. My reason for singing and my greatest inspiration. Her strength, talent and faith are incomparable. What an absolute QUEEN!!
                    #mariahcarey#goddess#idol

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                      THANK YOU! Very helpful explanation.
                      You're welcome!
                      I hope I was clear enough, sometimes it's difficult to translate musical-related vocabulary from Spanish to English 'cause maybe we have/use different words or they even don't exist in our language.

Comment

• I actually like WIB and I hope it can be a little success. And I wish Mariah would do more collaborations, however with more fresh/young people. We've had enough nostalgia moments.
                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I like the WIB song/video. Hope it gets some rhythmic airplay.

Got me listening to my favorite Mellow-Mariah-Mixes tonight.

My top five.

1. Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) ft. Joe, Nas

2. I Still Believe / Pure Imagination (Damizza Reemix)

3. Lil Love - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony ft. Mariah Carey, Bow Wow

4. I'll Be Lovin U Long Time (The Progressions Remix)

5. Unforgettable - French Montana (Mariah Carey Remix)

What are your faves?

Comment

• The only way I can describe WIB is that it’s the Danny Devito to IKWYW’s Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins. IKWYW is the strength, the wealth and the good looks.. whilst WIB is the crap left over.

The song isn’t very good. The video is nice though.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah still holds that hand she was injured on precariously - like it has an invisible cast on. It seems like it still bothers her. I hope she's okay with it.

Also, bless her for still plugging her memoir.
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• The Where I Belong music video has crossed 1.3M views on Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  The Where I Belong music video has crossed 1.3M views on Facebook.
                                  I tried to find it this morning but couldn’t. Is it not yet available in the UK?

Comment

This is faster than Mariah's recent solo releases on youtube!
                                    I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

I tried to find it this morning but couldn’t. Is it not yet available in the UK?
                                      Only in US during the first 48 hours.
                                      I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• I will buy it on iTunes definitely. But also seeing how fast it is rising on Facebook views it is clear that this song might be a bigger thing then the lambs can predict. This might be a general public hit which is exactly what Mariah needs. However the lambs can still help initially. That is why calling rhythmic and getting some airplay is so important. Rhythmic radio used to be Mariahs home away from home, it would be nice to see her back there. How do we get a twitter campaign going? Who has the connect?

Comment

1.6M views in 20 hours.
                                          18K likes
                                          6.2K shares
                                          915 comments

This "feels" a bit weird for it to be so high but if all of this is from US streams, one wonders would could have happened had it been released on Friday for a full tracking week.

Comment

• Those numbers are really good! I was around when IKWYW came out. Nobody wanted to touch Mariah with a ten foot pole (except Busta). The song came out of nowhere. Busta is here again for Mariah. He is promoting it like crazy on his socials. I hope all the lambs will also share the video on their own Facebook to help spread the word.

Comment

• one of my all time favorite songs
                                              orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                WIB doesn’t exactly sound fresh or current. So......
                                                I'm glad that someone else said it because that’s what I thought too. Even the font on the cover looks very 2000s. I still kinda like the song though? And she looks hot in the music video from what I've seen.

I also bought it on iTunes.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

1.6M views in 20 hours.
                                                  18K likes
                                                  6.2K shares
                                                  915 comments

This "feels" a bit weird for it to be so high but if all of this is from US streams, one wonders would could have happened had it been released on Friday for a full tracking week.
                                                  Thing is, views on Facebook are weirdly counted. You see 2 seconds on your timeline, and it's counted as a view even if you have not actually watched anything from the video.
                                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Thing is, views on Facebook are weirdly counted. You see 2 seconds on your timeline, and it's counted as a view even if you have not actually watched anything from the video.
                                                    Yeah someone told me before that as you scroll past the video will play and even if you watch it or not it counts as a view. I remember one of Celines songs had massive views on Facebook. Like really massive.
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Working...
                                                    X