No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's so random how in anticipation of the season... which is in its early stages now... all those people take issue with Mariah... and come out to knock her off her throne. The real question is... will it work or will it backfire?

In the past 10 years, it didn't work.

And did I read it right that David Letterman has the highest authority of naming people something? So, Mariah's dog from 1994 whould have in fact be named Davina and not Ginger. Lock her up for animal cruelty.

Personally, i do not care one bit about this title... however, it seems a lot of people do, especially those who take issue with it.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
      Ok I skipped passed a lot of things.. trademarking that title will likely do her more harm than good. Agreed. It was better when it’s just what was coined for her by critics, media and fans. It was more authentic and magical that way. Trademarking yourself as such just seems narcissistic and unlikeable and that’s not her.
      It's not her but yet she's doing it. I mean it was Obviously Mariahs decision to apply for those trademarks?
      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        it's so random how in anticipation of the season... which is in its early stages now... all those people take issue with Mariah... and come out to knock her off her throne. The real question is... will it work or will it backfire?

In the past 10 years, it didn't work.

And did I read it right that David Letterman has the highest authority of naming people something? So, Mariah's dog from 1994 whould have in fact be named Davina and not Ginger. Lock her up for animal cruelty.

Personally, i do not care one bit about this title... however, it seems a lot of people do, especially those who take issue with it.
        I don't think you're understanding how a trademark works or what Mariah is trying to do here.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's not her but yet she's doing it. I mean it was Obviously Mariahs decision to apply for those trademarks?
          My point is that it’s obviously purely a business decision but it appears narcissistic. I just think it’s completely unnecessary.. it’s was more endearing when people referred to her as this and she was coy and almost embarrassed about it. She won’t be able to do that anymore.
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

darlene #1? wham, mimi and brenda are the holy christmas queen trinity.
            I’m suggesting that there’ll be a campaign if it gets enough press. But yeah.. I’d just woken up.. clearly Darlene thinks more of herself than she should.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I have to search who Liz Chan (coz I haven’t heard of her) is , the lady who orginally brought up this issue before Derlene involved herself .. her Twitter handle…. “The queen of Christmas” and been self proclaiming herself as one for a year or so now.

Sounds like this issue is more of Mariah beating her on trademarking it.

https://twitter.com/lizchanmusic?s=2...Rm_gBz_VVS0YWQ
              Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

Darlene knows what she’s doing.. huge support from Mariah’s critics.. she’ll be number one this year.

it’s pathetic if you ask me.
                You can’t be serious???

Comment

• It's weird to trademark a title like this, but it's even weirder to debate about it

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post
                    I have to search who Liz Chan (coz I haven’t heard of her) is , the lady who orginally brought up this issue before Derlene involved herself .. her Twitter handle…. “The queen of Christmas” and been self proclaiming herself as one for a year or so now.

Sounds like this issue is more of Mariah beating her on trademarking it.

https://twitter.com/lizchanmusic?s=2...Rm_gBz_VVS0YWQ
                    Not really. Calling yourself something on twitter is not remotely the same as applying to trademark something. Elizabeth had no intention of applying to trademark it.

Comment

My point is that it’s obviously purely a business decision but it appears narcissistic. I just think it’s completely unnecessary.. it’s was more endearing when people referred to her as this and she was coy and almost embarrassed about it. She won’t be able to do that anymore.
                      Agreed. Although it is probably her team who suggested to do this, but the GP always think an artist make every decision themselves.
                      Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                        It's weird to trademark a title like this, but it's even weirder to debate about it
                        Why is it weird? It's current Mariah news being discussed in the Mariah thread..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

You can’t be serious???
                          You clearly haven’t read my posts since.

Comment

You clearly haven’t read my posts since.
                            I have since but how could you for a second think Darlene cares about #1s or streams etc, these old Christmas stars don’t care like Mariah does, that’s why they don’t do anything year after year.

Comment

• Originally posted by automaticprincess View Post
                              I have to search who Liz Chan (coz I haven’t heard of her) is , the lady who orginally brought up this issue before Derlene involved herself ..
                              Me too. I have never heard of her before this news lol.

Billboard has already crowned Mariah the queen of Christmas anyway.

Billboard Explains: Queen of Christmas Mariah Carey
                              https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/...en-1235012232/

We don't need David Letterman's or anyone's approval for that matter. Case closed.
                              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

I have since but how could you for a second think Darlene cares about #1s or streams etc, these old Christmas stars don’t care like Mariah does, that’s why they don’t do anything year after year.
                                Well they seem bothered enough to make a fuss about this Queen of Christmas title.. lol.

Why don’t they just let her get on with it then? It’s not like either of them were ever known as this.

Comment

Well they seem bothered enough to make a fuss about this Queen of Christmas title.. lol.

Why don’t they just let her get on with it then? It’s not like either of them were ever known as this.
                                  What you are saying is rude and obnoxious… they justifiably have a problem with it, no one deserves to trademark a title like that, it’s funny as Mariah has two worldwide known Christmas songs (one more than Darlene) it’s not like she’s releasing song after song and they are become classics.

Comment

What you are saying is rude and obnoxious… they justifiably have a problem with it, no one deserves to trademark a title like that, it’s funny as Mariah has two worldwide known Christmas songs (one more than Darlene) it’s not like she’s releasing song after song and they are become classics.
                                    What I’m saying isn’t rude or obnoxious, it’s right. You said why should they care about charts and that the only person who cares is Mariah.. yet they’re kicking up a fuss about a title. A title she’s trademarking that neither of them were ever known as. It’s not an incorrect statement.

I’ve already said in previous posts I think Mariah is wrong for trademarking it but unless they think it’s going to damage their sales or chart positions each year, why are they bothered? It literally affects them in no way. It’s actually quite silly.

Comment

• This thread is about to get messy... I love how Mariah brings so much hate 32 years into her career... thats when you know you that bitch. However,ets hope for the forum to calm down

Comment

What I’m saying isn’t rude or obnoxious, it’s right. You said why should they care about charts and that the only person who cares is Mariah.. yet they’re kicking up a fuss about a title. A title she’s trademarking that neither of them were ever known as. It’s not an incorrect statement.

I’ve already said in previous posts I think Mariah is wrong for trademarking it but unless they think it’s going to damage their sales or chart positions each year, why are they bothered? It literally affects them in no way. It’s actually quite silly.
                                        I think Darlene was known as Queen of Christmas back in the 60s maybe. Her Xmas song was a real holiday classic and staple and she used to perform it every season in a similar fashion to how Mariah does now with AIWFCIY. And the other lady released an album called Queen of Christmas. Maybe she wants to release one called Queen of Christmas Two. She won't be able to do that if the phrase is trademarked by someone else . So it's much more of a big thing than you're making it out to be. We saw the issue Mariah had with the Black Irish thing.. trademarking is serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I think Darlene was known as Queen of Christmas back in the 60s maybe. Her Xmas song was a real holiday classic and staple and she used to perform it every season in a similar fashion to how Mariah does now with AIWFCIY. And the other lady released an album called Queen of Christmas. Maybe she wants to release one called Queen of Christmas Two. She won't be able to do that if the phrase is trademarked by someone else . So it's much more of a big thing than you're making it out to be. We saw the issue Mariah had with the Black Irish thing.. trademarking is serious.
                                          It could also not be a big thing, as we don’t know these things yet. If they have legitimate reasons for being so uptight about it then we’ll learn about them and it’s fair enough.

Like I said multiple times already, I don’t agree Mariah should be trademarking this. It looks bad on her and it should be allowed to be something that changes with time. Nobody can be Queen forever.

Comment

• Kylie Jenner wanted to trademark “Kylie” but she had to face against Kylie Minogue. Was Kylie Jenner cancelled? No
                                            I believe she had the support of her fandom, you know? They probably didn’t spread these theories or sided with anyone but her idol. Even though i believe it was not her right to trademark a name that was being used by someone decades before she was even born.

The people that today is siding with Darlene or the other one who I don’t know, is the same people that definitely enjoyed having Mariah titled “Queen of Christmas”.

Stop being so dramatic. It’s called business and it’s not illegal to trademark a title.
                                            Let the woman be.

Comment

• Again, another case of shooting herself in the foot. Regardless of her intentions this will easily blow up in the Media as yet another diva, selfish and narcissistic commercial move.

there has always been an undercurrent and realisation that she profits a lot from Christmas and to the general public this just feeds that and makes them hate her more.

it’s a totally unnecessary move. That title is great because it’s the people and press that gave her that tile. I.e the people’s Queen. Now it’s like the Queen is getting too caught up in her own popularity and success. It’s offputting

if it’s fake news then it’s already disturbing that she continues to be the punching bag.

Mariah is always her worst enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                                                Kylie Jenner wanted to trademark “Kylie” but she had to face against Kylie Minogue. Was Kylie Jenner cancelled? No
                                                I believe she had the support of her fandom, you know? They probably didn’t spread these theories or sided with anyone but her idol. Even though i believe it was not her right to trademark a name that was being used by someone decades before she was even born.

The people that today is siding with Darlene or the other one who I don’t know, is the same people that definitely enjoyed having Mariah titled “Queen of Christmas”.

Stop being so dramatic. It’s called business and it’s not illegal to trademark a title.
                                                Let the woman be.
                                                I agree with you. I dont like her trademarking that title but i wont use it to throw stones at her.

Comment

• Well, if there are significant concerns about the trademarking of Queen of Christmas then maybe the application gets rejected.
                                                  If it doesn't, oh well.

This is no where nearly as bad as hundreds of other applications for trademarks that are made.

A youtube channel once wanted to trademark the word 'react'.

Queen of Christmas is really not that common.
                                                  And really, how many bloody queens of Christmas do you have today?
                                                  Just one.
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• well, Mariah has released the best selling Christmas album ever by a female artist.

And several of the songs have received certifications.

USA
                                                    1x Diamond - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                                    1x Platinum - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                                    Gold - All I want for Christmas Is You (SuperFestive)
                                                    Gold - O Holy Night
                                                    Gold - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
                                                    Gold - Hark! The Herold Angels Sing / Gloria

After this season, Oh Santa Remix will also be certified.

The point of this is that Mariah's Christmas music is picked out of a plethora of Christmas music, charting internationally, being consumed and having its own bubble of enterprises built around them (movies, books, TV specials, concerts and tours, merchandise)

I also want to adress the issue that Mariah is promoting her music: well, it is a choice. Promoting something is a choice that every act has to decide for themselves. You won't get the "best selling" this or that when you do nothing. That Christmas market used to be dead by 1994. Mariah, Céline and Bublé (also Groban) revived it. It's become one of the most profitable things anyone could do these days. And the vast majority of acts are trying to break into the market by releasing their own stuff.

I'm not even FOR that Xmas Queen title or whatever... i think it is childish. But that title has been used for years on her and regardless of how I'm feeling of it, it is a business.

I just hate how this debate has become so toxic and how certain members have been returning with their shade and obnoxious commenting just because they can and the issue allows it - as even I find it tacky. But I'm not willing to accept that those people dominate the discussion.
                                                    My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                    X