No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we think Darlene Love isnt happy about Mariah performing Christmad ( baby please come home ) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
      Do we think Darlene Love isnt happy about Mariah performing Christmas ( baby please come home ) ?
      I don't think so as she hasn't mentioned it.
      My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Meghan Trainor 8. Whitney 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Elizabeth Chan filled for opposition. The Christmas war has begun

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maria...lLxtK_A1PIKb1Q

Comment

Most of us cant flag them, but i think it is a moderator work to keep an eye every day on the forum and noticing this same pattern....
          I asked a mod about this, and was told that it's up to Wayne. I don't care enough to take it that far, and only see the nonsense when someone else responds to it, but others may want to talk to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I asked a mod about this, and was told that it's up to Wayne. I don't care enough to take it that far, and only see the nonsense when someone else responds to it, but others may want to talk to him.
            Trust me, i have been talking to two different mods and nothing seems to be working. So i gave up. I dont see him either but people keep quoting him

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I don't think so as she hasn't mentioned it.
              You might be right, i just thought maybe thats why she did those horrible remarks on her fb and not only because lf the trademark

Comment

• Suddenly I feel the need for Mariah to Sample Miami by Will Smith. How cool would that be?? Those beats are so amazing and highly recognized by people. She could even invite Will to rap a few lines.

Comment

Trust me, i have been talking to two different mods and nothing seems to be working. So i gave up. I dont see him either but people keep quoting him
                  Believe me mate, you need to use your own ignore function, the one that comes with us. If you do not care, do not pay attention to that. It’s the best way to keep your experience here the best possible.

Comment

• I don't think the trademark will be rejected, but if it is, the world will keep spinning. They have never made a move to trademark it themselves, or to even use it in a serious way. Further, Mariah is specifically seeking to sell things that neither of these ridiculous women is known for, and that is the flaw in their argument.

Funny how they had nothing to say when she was referred to as the "Queen of Christmas" for years, but now that she's seeking to make it official, they want to complain. No one has thought of Darlene Love in any substantial way in years, and this is the most publicity Elizabeth Chan has ever received. They're simply jealous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post
                      Suddenly I feel the need for Mariah to Sample Miami by Will Smith. How cool would that be?? Those beats are so amazing and highly recognized by people. She could even invite Will to rap a few lines.
                      That song sampled And The Beat Goes On, to the point of relying on it.

Comment

Do we think Darlene Love isnt happy about Mariah performing Christmad ( baby please come home ) ?
                        I won't repeat it here, but Darlene took a shot at the state of Mariah's voice in her statement. The key factor in opposing an application for a mark is that you have to have been using the phrase as a commercial brand prior to the application, and neither of these women has done that.
                        Last edited by banksy; Tue August 16, 2022, 17:16.

Comment

Do we think Darlene Love isnt happy about Mariah performing Christmad ( baby please come home ) ?
                          If she wasn't that would be quite petty and unjustified as she didn't write the song.

Don't get me wrong, I love Darlene Love on the Christmas Gift album but she's not thought of as the QOC in any comparable way to Mariah now and I haven't seen her working hard to hold on to such a title. On the other hand the trademark thing doesn't really make any sense to me either... just seems to be taking a nickname a bit far.

Comment

The advice was to talk to Wayne.

Comment

I won't repeat it here, but Darlene took a shot at the state of Mariah's voice in her statement. The key factor in opposing an application for a mark is that you have to have been using the phrase as a commercial brand prior to the application, and neither of these women has done that.
                              Thats why i asked that maybe she was pressed as mariahs version seems to do better now lol and she used the trademark as an excuse. Darlene lost all my respect today when she tried to shade mariah with that statement, and I hope Mariah includes her in the i dont know list.

P.s. i always feel like u take my post the wrong way and we always have the same opinion lol

Comment

• I don’t get why some fans want to designate Mariah as “Queen” when she’s above that lowly overused title.

She is a…

GODDESS

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Flag it yourself! I've mentioned enough times in here to flag and don't engage. Repeatedly. Please don't post telling other people to flag.

I already gave Ewok an infraction. He is banned for two days.

Please move on from discussing Ewok or anyone else and return to Mariah.

I asked to flag because they are on my ignore list.

Comment

• cheapthrills
                                    cheapthrills commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    If a post contains quoted text that you have issue with, then you can flag the post and in the comments mention that fact.

• Originally posted by naughtynae View Post

Do a quick Google search she’s actually a classic singer/performer.

However how she handled this (or more likely her team) was tacky and disrespectful. Especially the part about still being able to hit all the notes that was a low blow.
                                  I know who she is. I was just saying.

Comment

• It’s OK. The Lambs are at work on Darlene’s page! So much so that Darlene has now responded to clarify that she respects Mariah.

Comment

• No disrespect to Darlene, i’m sure she earned that title back then, but if she wanted to keep that title, she needed to to work for it. In the end, the GP will be the one to give that title.
                                      Currently, it’s Mariah who is being called The queen of Christmas, but this might change in the future if someone else rise with major popularity during the season. It’s how things work.

Trademarked or not, it will be the gp who will claim the title for who they consider should have it.

Comment

That song sampled And The Beat Goes On, to the point of relying on it.
                                        Excellent sample btw
                                        funny how one can learn
                                        to grow numb to the madness
                                        and block it away

Comment

No disrespect to Darlene, i’m sure she earned that title back then, but if she wanted to keep that title, she needed to to work for it. In the end, the GP will be the one to give that title.
                                          Currently, it’s Mariah who is being called The queen of Christmas, but this might change in the future if someone else rise with major popularity during the season. It’s how things work.

Trademarked or not, it will be the gp who will claim the title for who they consider should have it.
                                          To be honest it’s kinda unfair to monopolize it. Everyone should have the right to use it. It’s like Madonna trademark it Queen of pop and everybody else would have to pay her if they use it. It’s kinda absurd and very narcissistic if you think you’re the only one to have the right to be called that and very greedy to want to profit of it if someone else dare to use those words

Comment

• I hope Mariah steps away from Christmas stuff for a few years and let people miss her, i worry if she doesn't and she keeps being #1 every year a backlash might happen

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                                              I hope Mariah steps away from Christmas stuff for a few years and let people miss her, i worry if she doesn't and she keeps being #1 every year a backlash might happen
                                              The thing is I firmly believe that the song would go number one by itsself, even if she sat at home and did nothing.
                                              Its just that big.
                                              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

I believe she might use this title for a Movie or another book.
                                                Correct me if I'm wrong. But Mariah trademarked The Queen Of Christmas for products, not for herself. Her next book is called The Christmas Princess. She is likely going to keep releasing Christmas products that aren't just albums. It looks like she is trying to trademark it for a lot of different product lines...

Just becasue she called her drink Black Irish doesn't mean she is the only person who has Black and Irish ancestry.

She still hasn't said she IS the queen of Christmas. She is just trademarking the brand.

I wouldn't have a problem at all if Michael Jackson had put out a clothing brand called King of Pop. Or Aretha had an accessories line called Queen of Soul. They wouldn't be baptizing themselves with these titles. They'd be putting out products.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                                                  Elizabeth Chan filled for opposition. The Christmas war has begun

Comment

Working...
                                                  X