No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it’s trivial but just noticed Cardi B still doesn’t follow Mariah back on Instagram.
    It’s MARIAH CAREY! How could her team not have noticed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
      Do we only have stills at the moment?

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Thing is, views on Facebook are weirdly counted. You see 2 seconds on your timeline, and it's counted as a view even if you have not actually watched anything from the video.
        This is something I wondered about. The rules on youtube videos are stringent where you must watch about 80% (I think) and not simply the first few seconds. So it will be interesting to see how much is reported to Billboard.

I suppose the most meaningful figure is the number of shares (7K) and comments (1K).

But, 2M eyes on a video, even if just a few seconds, is quite good either way.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, but the problem was that they edited the medley and she sounded very thin and chipmunk-ish with some effect they added and has MIAM album written all over it.
          Plus they used vocals from 3 different takes and sometimes her mouth wasn't matching what she was singing.
          I’ll never understand why she/the team feel the need to do this. Particularly on flawless performances like this one.
          well, I do understand pressure of being over analysed and critiqued by everyone and their mother... which is sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

This is something I wondered about. The rules on youtube videos are stringent where you must watch about 80% (I think) and not simply the first few seconds. So it will be interesting to see how much is reported to Billboard.

I suppose the most meaningful figure is the number of shares (7K) and comments (1K).

But, 2M eyes on a video, even if just a few seconds, is quite good either way.
            Imagine if it was worldwide. I know my friends would have clicked on this for sure. EVERYONE loved IKWYW, MC fan or not!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post

Imagine if it was worldwide. I know my friends would have clicked on this for sure. EVERYONE loved IKWYW, MC fan or not!
              This is one of the themes I saw coming through in the comments. Some people mentioned and appreciated the "continuation" from IKWYW.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I love the continuation too.. and I’m sure people will be curious. I just wish it was half as good. Mariah is smoking hot in the video though! Lol

Maybe the curiosity will pay off...
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  I love the continuation too.. and I’m sure people will be curious. I just wish it was half as good. Mariah is smoking hot in the video though! Lol

Maybe the curiosity will pay off...
                  I really enjoy it. It took a while to grow on me but I think it’s her best release (caution album aside) in years!

Comment

This is one of the themes I saw coming through in the comments. Some people mentioned and appreciated the "continuation" from IKWYW.
                    Doesn’t surprise me. Pure nostalgia! Loads of people will have been at uni/college when IKWYW was released (like me) and will have fond memories

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                      I actually like WIB and I hope it can be a little success. And I wish Mariah would do more collaborations, however with more fresh/young people. We've had enough nostalgia moments.
                      I love the nostalgia moments dahling. I live for them!
                      I mean, "Dedicated" is one of her best songs EVER and I want more and more of that, but as album cuts.

You're right tho about fresher collabos.

I want more of Mariah + Dev.
                      I also want Mariah + Miguel Part II.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                        Got me listening to my favorite Mellow-Mariah-Mixes tonight.

My top five.

1. Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) ft. Joe, Nas

2. I Still Believe / Pure Imagination (Damizza Reemix)

3. Lil Love - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony ft. Mariah Carey, Bow Wow

4. I'll Be Lovin U Long Time (The Progressions Remix)

5. Unforgettable - French Montana (Mariah Carey Remix)
                        #TASTE <3

Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) ft. Joe, Nas & I Still Believe / Pure Imagination (Damizza Reemix) are amazing, one of my faves and better than the OG's.
                        Nice to know that I'm not the only one that love the Unforgettable Remixes (the acoustic one >>>). Mariah needs to work with Swae!.

Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        The only way I can describe WIB is that it’s the Danny Devito to IKWYW’s Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins. IKWYW is the strength, the wealth and the good looks.. whilst WIB is the crap left over.

The song isn’t very good. The video is nice though.
                        LMAO, that was not a nice comparisson

The song is good, you just have to imagine that IKWYW doesn't exist, then u can really appreciate the track on its own.

It has grown on me A LOT that way.

The video is very cool.

Comment

Mariah still holds that hand she was injured on precariously - like it has an invisible cast on. It seems like it still bothers her. I hope she's okay with it.
                          Those kind of injuries never recover at 100%.
                          At least she regained all the muscle mass she lost, before the surgery her hand was atrophied.
                          It may hurt some days more than others.

She was so strong to do that concert in '13 with all the bruises in her body only a few days after the accident. Brave Queen.

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                          I tried to find it this morning but couldn’t. Is it not yet available in the UK?
                          Nope.
                          48 hours exclusive for US in Facebook.

Originally posted by tee View Post
                          How do we get a twitter campaign going? Who has the connect?
                          Start tweeting to the big Mariah accounts: Mariah Trends, Glittering Mariah, Mariah Connection, All About Mariah, Mariah Access, Mariah Australia.
                          Then they contact other fandoms that are friendly with Mimi and organize a campaign.
                          They already did this with Oh Santa!, AIW & Butterfly album on her anniversary, just to name a few.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                            I'm glad that someone else said it because that’s what I thought too. Even the font on the cover looks very 2000s. I still kinda like the song though? And she looks hot in the music video from what I've seen.

I also bought it on iTunes.
                            It's for the nostalgia.
                            They were going for that sound, I mean, it came as a remix of IKWYW.
                            Even the video has the same concept (some elements on it I mean).

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            1.6M views in 20 hours.
                            18K likes
                            6.2K shares
                            915 comments

This "feels" a bit weird for it to be so high but if all of this is from US streams, one wonders would could have happened had it been released on Friday for a full tracking week.
                            With that amount of views, the video should have more likes and way more comments.

IMO the Wednesday release was a total mistake, and doing it exclusively on Facebook for only US during the first 48 hours - when is the moment when the people watch the most - was even worse.

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            Thing is, views on Facebook are weirdly counted. You see 2 seconds on your timeline, and it's counted as a view even if you have not actually watched anything from the video.
                            Oh, I get it now.

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah.
                            Now it makes sense.
                            Just for reference, the WIB video on Youtube has 630K views, 21K likes & 1.7 comments, but it's only the audio.

Comment

Do we only have stills at the moment?
                              Yep, I found only stills.

I’ll never understand why she/the team feel the need to do this. Particularly on flawless performances like this one.
                              well, I do understand pressure of being over analysed and critiqued by everyone and their mother... which is sad!
                              I guess she needs to get over it ASAP.
                              Her undubbed performances are way better than the dubbed ones.
                              Her real voice sounds stronger, healthier, richer, super resonant. Why did they wash all of that with the dubbing? I don't understand.

I really enjoy it. It took a while to grow on me but I think it’s her best release (caution album aside) in years!
                              It's Busta's release tho!
                              I don't think she's doing anything for the song, just re-tweeting or re-posting LOL.
                              But yeah, it has grown on me.
                              I had to disassociate it from the OG first tho, it was a process!

Comment

Doesn’t surprise me. Pure nostalgia! Loads of people will have been at uni/college when IKWYW was released (like me) and will have fond memories
                                Yeah, me too!
                                Can't believe it didn't go #1.
                                It peaked at #3.
                                What songs where #1 & #2 at that moment?

Comment

• IKWYW is still played in bars today here. It was a huge song back then. It definitely contributed to putting Mariah back in the good light of the the music industry after glitter and charm.. like a bridge to success in time for TEOM.

Fingers crossed for this Bruno Mars collab lol.
                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Tori covering ABMB.
                                    She's so damn pretty <3

Tori Kelly - Always Be My Baby (Mariah Carey)

She did an amazing job, as per usual.
                                    I love how she knows every single run, even the background vocals. She really studied Mimi.
                                    I think she's the only one that comes close to Mariah's agility (and also JoJo). Then Jazmine S.

P.S. She should be WAY MORE successfull.

Comment

• Little Britney covering Open Arms (Mariah's version)

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                        IKWYW is still played in bars today here. It was a huge song back then. It definitely contributed to putting Mariah back in the good light of the the music industry after glitter and charm.. like a bridge to success in time for TEOM.
                                        Yeah, it was huge and it's a classic.

Remember that also U Make Me Wanna was kinda a "semi-hit" in 2004, it wasn't "huge", and the reviews were not favorable, but almost Top 20 on Hot 100 (peaked at #21). This was on October 2004.

She looks HOT AF on the vid (one of her best looks IMO).

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Awwwwwwww... that's sweet.
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                                    Awwwwwwww... that's sweet.
                                                    Yeah, I remember that rehearsal!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X