No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah has a lot of music to do before just doing just Christmas records. She's on her early 50s, she's not ended

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
      strange coincidence , i was looking on spotify and both mariah and darlene love's versions of christmas (baby please come home) are BOTH at 174 million
      mariah's version 174 486 552
      darlene's version 174 733 136
      Game on then! Lambs should go harder this time around for CBPCH.
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• That pic ain't real.
        They just copied and pasted her face onto an artist's pic named ​​​​​Twice.
        Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Wed August 17, 2022, 15:01.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
          That pic ain't real.
          They just copied and pasted her face on an artist pic named ​​​​​Twice.
          Yeah just saw that ;-;
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
            Mariah has a lot of music to do before just doing just Christmas records. She's on her early 50s, she's not ended
            Of course. Nobody thinks otherwise, I guess. But her Christmas catalogue is amazing and there is still a lot of songs that would be amazing to hear her sing.
            Last edited by RayRay; Wed August 17, 2022, 17:35.
            Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

Comment

• In the future, not now

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                In the future, not now
                I think we’ll get at least 2 or 3 more regular albums and 2 more Christmas albums.
                That’s it. I hope we get more though.
                Of course we all want non-xmas music albums too.
                But some of us love Christmas music and will be pleased if she chooses to release one.

By the way, what do you think her next album will sound like?
                And when do you think we could be getting a new album from Mariah?

Comment

• Amazing to see both Beyonce and Nicki still gain solo hits in the 2020s. Mariah should easily score another #1 with a collab. I think Ari is definitely her best chance for one

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

I think we’ll get at least 2 or 3 more regular albums and 2 more Christmas albums.
                    That’s it. I hope we get more though.
                    Of course we all want non-xmas music albums too.
                    But some of us love Christmas music and will be pleased if she chooses to release one.

By the way, what do you think her next album will sound like?
                    And when do you think we could be getting a new album from Mariah?
                    sometimes I don't get mariah. she says she's most comfortble and loves the most being in the studio but it seems it's the place she's avoiding the most lately. she's young and in her early 50s. she still could record some albums in her 70s like barbra, aretha, cher.. she doesn't need to shoot sexy videos to promote them or do a concert. just release the music and let the world enjoy the music only and she doesn't need to get out of the house.
                    and lately it feels like she's tired and retired from music and just want to focus on xmas because there's where the money is coming the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

I follow the Christmas charts game since the start of AIWFCIU success, so I was aware of this.

Of course Mariah's version was already successful, but it got very popular in the past 3-4 years and became the dominated version only last Christmas!
                      Well Thats not really true. It gained more on streams but its Darlenes version that charts on the hot 100. I think it peaked at 13 last year, it's highest ever. Would be cool to see Ms version enter official chart too.
                      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• I said this before and I’ll say it again. I feel like the way Caution was handled by the industry was a slap in the face to her. Then y’all got the The Rarities, something totally unexpected and fans still bitched so I wouldn’t worry about releasing anything new for y’all either

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

sometimes I don't get mariah. she says she's most comfortble and loves the most being in the studio but it seems it's the place she's avoiding the most lately. she's young and in her early 50s. she still could record some albums in her 70s like barbra, aretha, cher.. she doesn't need to shoot sexy videos to promote them or do a concert. just release the music and let the world enjoy the music only and she doesn't need to get out of the house.
                          and lately it feels like she's tired and retired from music and just want to focus on xmas because there's where the money is coming the most
                          ... but many people including two of my alltime faves: Sheryl Crow and Alanis stated that the music industry has become so ... that it doesn't make sense to release albums anymore bc they will not bring the production costs in anymore by streaming or sales. It is that way for most aging acts. And Sheryl in particular actually called this her retirement from releasing albums. Both women stated that they will only release albums if they have to say something and if their creative sould warrants a release or makes them want to put their statement out.

I agree to a certain degree... because we have seen albums by aging acts peak in week 1 and by week 2 the album was leaving 99% of all charts. That's very frustrating. In the past... albums could peak at #58 somewhere and still chart for 10-20 weeks. But streaming has become very hostile to current music by aging acts. They simply cannot compete. While many hot acts can make their entire album tracks chart, most aging acts won't even get their 1st single on the Bubbling Under chart.

Now, music is not all about the charts, but it is all interconnected. When music is not appreciated and consumed by the GP, it makes little money and that money cannot be re-invested in more promo.

The only time of year in which Mariah in particular makes money for SONY like it was 1994 is during the Holiday season. I wish they would save up that money for 2-3 seasons and then give her next current music project a real push.

I really hope that Mariah is returning soon and is giving us many more songs and albums to enjoy, regardless of success or the lack thereof.
                          My Chart

Comment

• I LOVED the Rarities.. wonderful gift to the fans. The only issue I had with it if I had to pick one was the title.. it’s a bit lacklustre.. The Vault would have been so much more punchy… but that’s if I HAD to lol.
                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                              strange coincidence , i was looking on spotify and both mariah and darlene love's versions of christmas (baby please come home) are BOTH at 174 million
                              mariah's version 174 486 552
                              darlene's version 174 733 136
                              Darlene's version is the only one charting in the Holiday 100 (most of the time). It's has more support on radio, but about equal streaming on Spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                Amazing to see both Beyonce and Nicki still gain solo hits in the 2020s. Mariah should easily score another #1 with a collab. I think Ari is definitely her best chance for one
                                What does Nicki scoring hits have to do with Mariah? Her first album was released after Mariah’s 12th
                                funny how one can learn
                                to grow numb to the madness
                                and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                  I said this before and I’ll say it again. I feel like the way Caution was handled by the industry was a slap in the face to her. Then y’all got the The Rarities, something totally unexpected and fans still bitched so I wouldn’t worry about releasing anything new for y’all either
                                  Caution was reviewed so well and yet... the single trajectory was awful and the lack of fresh ideas to promote that great body of work was also unfortunate. I still hold a grudge that BB in particular said that the album will and should not be nominated for a Grammy bc it lacked the impact... and then I'm reminded of how Beck actually won AOTY with an album that up to that point 99% of everyone had no idea that it existed.

I'm not sure who b!tched about The Rarities. It was an epic and wonderful release and I am beyond myself that we have it and I enjoy it very much to this day. It's a perfect release as I enjoy the new songs and the Tokyo Dome live set equally as much. Stunning album and stunning release. But even that one should have been introduced with a different lead single.

I feel like... ever since 2014 her team has lost the plot when it comes to singles. They intentionally kill all hype with the ever same beat ballad. I don't think that anyone knows that Caution actually has bops for days and truly epic and atmospheric music.

But MIMI tried. She performed The Distance on Fallon and it was one of the greatest performances ever since on US TV. She looked amazing, she sounded amazing and the song itself is outstandingly great. I hoped at the time that the GP would check it out or that somehow by word of mouth Caution would see some vindication.

That is why I cherish FILAC so much. That latin vibe of a christmas song... (change the lyrics and it could be a very hot latin song) shows that she is just as great as ever. But she needs to cut those BS people in her team that want to keep her in a loop of the ever same.
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post

Darlene's version is the only one charting in the Holiday 100 (most of the time). It's has more support on radio, but about equal streaming on Spotify.
                                    Darlene's version is also massively gaining in popularity. I expect it to gain around 20m more this season than Mariah's cover of the song will. However, CBPCH has become (and by far) Mariah's 2nd biggest Xmas song and a smash. It even charts internationally. And it also drives a lot of consumer power to the album. I am certain we will see new peaks not only of Mariah version this season, but her xmas album at large. I'm hoping for a top 30 peak in the UK this season and maybe 3-4 weeks on the charts. <3 (for the album).

Mariah's top 5 Xmas tunes are:
                                    1. AIW
                                    2. CBPCH
                                    3. OHN
                                    4. OSR
                                    5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Mariah's least consumed Xmas tunes are the religious ones. Which is something that other acts have also realized and stay away from. If Mariah would add 10 more popular secular xmas tunes (all of which Bublé has on his album), her album would basically sail away from all competition.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild View Post

What does Nicki scoring hits have to do with Mariah? Her first album was released after Mariah’s 12th
                                      I think they just meant their both 40 and beating agism for now

Comment

• Interesting. Apparently this was supposed to be the pre-recorded track for the performance of C(BPCH) in 2008.

Last edited by MayoAndMustard; Wed August 17, 2022, 16:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                                          Interesting. Apparently this was supposed to be the pre-recorded track for the performance of C(BPCH) in 2008.

amazing. thx 4 sharing

Comment

Interesting. Apparently this was supposed to be the pre-recorded track for the performance of C(BPCH) in 2008.

There was something about her eyebrows that made her look sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

There was something about her eyebrows that made her look sad.
                                              That performance was not long after her miscarriage in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

amazing. thx 4 sharing
                                                2008 >>>>>>> 2021 version

Comment

That performance was not long after her miscarriage in 2008.
                                                  I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

• never seen this pic before

Comment

Working...
                                                    X