Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
    I think Charmbracelet belts don't sound as FULL as belts on the debut, Emotions, Music Box, and Merry Christmas, but they are pleasant to my ears. They actually sound very CONTROLLED and rounded. She wasn't just pushing air; she was phrasing and shaping those notes.

    I wish she had included more midrange in her fuller voice (not whisper), because that's where we experience such richness and gloriousness. Her lower register made some appearances on Charmy on tracks such as"Yours," and those moments were highlights for me.
    the low on Yours is eargasms. I love when Mariah sings like that, her voice sounds like butter

    Comment


    • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
      Janet feeling her fantasy...

      Does this mean it's time to add her to the duets album?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

        Does this mean it's time to add her to the duets album?
        Could we please?
        MESMARIAHSING!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

          Do you actually know that for a fact? NO. stop spreading this around.

          Yes, I know she lipped a lot, but it was her choice. I don't like it either, but it is what it is. I think she could do all those songs live IF she actually attempted
          Ignoring the obvious trolls is free. They talk reckless because people respond. Update your ignore list, and keep it pushing.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by banksy View Post

            Ignoring the obvious trolls is free. They talk reckless because people respond. Update your ignore list, and keep it pushing.
            Can u stop repeating that? I think you are the troll...
            He just said the truth that we already know...
            Soft heavenly eyes gazed into me
            Transcending space and time

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Anderson View Post

              Can u stop repeating that? I think you are the troll...
              He just said the truth that we already know...
              so all negative things are true and all positive things are false. got it.
              My Chart

              Comment


              • All I know is that when Christmas is coming, trolls and haters start getting in active mode (pressed much?)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by banksy View Post

                  Ignoring the obvious trolls is free. They talk reckless because people respond. Update your ignore list, and keep it pushing.
                  Originally posted by Anderson View Post

                  Can u stop repeating that? I think you are the troll...
                  He just said the truth that we already know...
                  Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                  so all negative things are true and all positive things are false. got it.
                  Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post
                  All I know is that when Christmas is coming, trolls and haters start getting in active mode (pressed much?)
                  Please stop this line of troll accusations. It is unhelpful and honestly just derails Mariah-centred topics

                  (e.g. 4/5 of the last posts here are about this rather than about MC).
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                  Comment


                  • I agree about E=MC2 studio vocals, they were great. Emancipation no, but still great. I was so concerned at many of her live performances then, they were pretty bad and yes Bye Bye at Idol was peak awkwardness… however we know now she was going through it behind the scenes losing a baby etc.

                    Its still fascinating to me to go back and watch say Can’t Take That Away from LA date of the Charmbracelet Tour, she really was ahead of her time with the one line lipped one line live thing she had going on and the balls to do it when anything could go wrong and obviously did much later on.

                    One thing that I love most of through the years she actually sang much more live in later years (say SSFT onwards) than she did in many of the years previous so you could rely that most was live save for a few moments here and there.

                    Comment


                    • TEOM vocals were ace and that's on that.
                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                      Comment


                      • can we say now that she wont be doing xmas concert this year or is still early to be announced? Lol dont remember when she used to announce them

                        Comment


                        • https://youtube.com/shorts/1CjUnPT26AM?feature=share

                          love this

                          Comment


                          • OOC is a bop, the 2nd verse >

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                              can we say now that she wont be doing xmas concert this year or is still early to be announced? Lol dont remember when she used to announce them
                              Well never say never. I’m surprised no one posted this but it’s on Trey Lorenz Facebook page:

                              “Hey everyone….thanks for the love! We miss seeing you guys too! I’ve been hearing rumblings about some Christmas shows (but you ain’t hear that from me).”

                              He wrote this in the comments section of his recent selfie.
                              funny how one can learn
                              to grow numb to the madness
                              and block it away

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                can we say now that she wont be doing xmas concert this year or is still early to be announced? Lol dont remember when she used to announce them
                                Speculation

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                  OOC is a bop, the 2nd verse >
                                  It'd have been a good single. It's fresh and catchy

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

                                    Speculation

                                    We need her to go back on stage

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

                                      Speculation

                                      Am i the only one who didnt know that Trey Lorenz was a real estate agent? Lol i thought he worked only as a bafk up singer

                                      Comment


                                      • Idk but tbh she can skip Christmas this year

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                          Idk but tbh she can skip Christmas this year
                                          +1 you'renot alone. I prefer her to be MIA and comeback with something in 2023

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

                                            +1 you'renot alone. I prefer her to be MIA and comeback with something in 2023
                                            We all know she aint gonna skip xmas lol the woman seems to enjoy only working for xmas now, so we have to get used to I am afraid

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                              Idk but tbh she can skip Christmas this year
                                              Same. Tired of her just focusing on Xmas. I need some regular music, at least record some collabs on someone else’s album or whatever

                                              Comment


                                              • I think Mariah should absolutely keep milking the holiday season because:

                                                1) her label actually invests in her Christmas projects so we get material with massive budgets and heavy promotion;
                                                2) it's her second big comeback that gives her power even among Gen Z in the streaming era, no other singer from her era has that



                                                The fact that she's a threat to the biggest giants in the music industry today, no one even dares to release anything in December

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

                                                  We all know she aint gonna skip xmas lol the woman seems to enjoy only working for xmas now, so we have to get used to I am afraid
                                                  This is how I feel.. and unfortunately any new music for Christmas isn’t well received outside of the lambily.

                                                  I long for new non Christmas music. I get the shows.. she’s right to capitalise on it that way. Be silly not to. Even her shows in the UK were very full.

                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                                                    I think Mariah should absolutely keep milking the holiday season because:

                                                    1) her label actually invests in her Christmas projects so we get material with massive budgets and heavy promotion;
                                                    2) it's her second big comeback that gives her power even among Gen Z in the streaming era, no other singer from her era has that



                                                    The fact that she's a threat to the biggest giants in the music industry today, no one even dares to release anything in December
                                                    Where was the big promotion for Oh santa remix or FILAC? Cos i cant see it lol apart from that yes

                                                    I kind of feel like this xmas thing is gonna end up hurting her in some kind of way. People seem to be forgetting all the music she has done apart from xmas. You can see she was starting to get annoying when her and liron shared that article from Billboard reminding people all lf her other non xmas classic. Yes, xmas it is a big thing to get her lots of money but it could be dangerous to keep going that route. Maybe not, who knows
                                                    Last edited by Yerac; Sat September 3, 2022, 16:57.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X