Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post

Same here, my work wifi has blocked UKMix lol.
    Is this a work-specific thing or something about the UKMIX server? I can alert Wayne if it is the latter.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      Who's looking forward to the global citizens concert? Hopefully she does a lil something from Butterfly
      Cant wait! It would be great if she films her preperations for the show like putting setlist together, vocal warm ups, rehearsel - and post it on social media (one can dream)

Comment

• Mariah Carey just replied to a fan that #Butterfly25 is in 1 week.
        Last edited by taustin13; Fri September 9, 2022, 17:08.
        I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Actually I don't know if that means we are getting something or if she just meant it's the anniversary. I hate it when she hints in secret like this. It could mean something or nothing at all.
          I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aries88 View Post

Cant wait! It would be great if she films her preperations for the show like putting setlist together, vocal warm ups, rehearsel - and post it on social media (one can dream)
            I think she doesn't even have a team working for her atm. when she had a team her social media were very active, now her career looks forsaken in every aspect

Comment

• Comment

• YAAASSSS Butterfly 25, a 3-disc + DVD + 2 Vinyl Special anniversary deluxe edition. That's at least what I am reading into her tweet. <3
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  YAAASSSS Butterfly 25, a 3-disc + DVD + 2 Vinyl Special anniversary deluxe edition. That's at least what I am reading into her tweet. <3
                  reality:
                  1 tweet saying: "YAAAAY happy #butterfly25 lambily. LYM bye"

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

reality:
                    1 tweet saying: "YAAAAY happy #butterfly25 lambily. LYM bye"
                    IF she does that to me, stevyy, her biggest stan, then I will throw myself to the ground in public and have a 10 minutes long fit, screaming and yelling and crying and snotting onto the pavement until I'm put in a psych ward. I hope Mariah saves me from that.

Let's pray.
                    My Chart

Comment

• Maybe we'll get reimagined versions of her Butterfly singles? The Roof with Brandy being the first one. Then maybe Honey ft Ariana, My All ft Anitta etc

It must be something new because MC25 already gave the remixes

Comment

• Maybe Butterfly with the clark sisters,that song has a definate gospel feel and last year there was talk they worked together right.

Comment

• In these days she should tell us so at least we dont have to wait for long lol if it is nothing lr smth we will know soon

Comment

• Some of the Butterfly lyrics still blow my mind, and I’m not being hyperbolic

These are like, Joni Mitchell good

You called yesterday to basically say
                            That you care for me but that you're just not in love
                            Immediately, I pretended to be feeling similarly
                            And led you to believe I was okay
                            To just walk away from the one thing
                            That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well, I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it
                            And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you
                            But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind
                            Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside
                            Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly
                            'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that that I'm suffering
                            So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night
                            And turn down all the lights and then I break down and cry
                            Sometimes I think about that old article speculating on whether Mariah was just addicted to her thesaurus, and while I’m sure she uses one, I really think it’s just for faster recall memory, because she’s no malapropist, none of her “big” words in lyrics or in interviews are ever used incorrectly, she was definitely doing her English homework in high school

Vocab aside, the storytelling on most Butterfly songs is so damn good
                            Last edited by allygdale; Fri September 9, 2022, 19:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                              Some of the Butterfly lyrics still blow my mind, and I’m not being hyperbolic

These are like, Joni Mitchell good

Sometimes I think about that old article speculating on whether Mariah was just addicted to her thesaurus, and while I’m sure she uses one, I really think it’s just for faster recall memory, because she’s no malapropist, none of her “big” words in lyrics or in interviews are ever used incorrectly, she was definitely doing her English homework in high school

Vocab aside, the storytelling on most Butterfly songs is so damn good
                              I had to google what thesaurus and malapropist is

Comment

• Yeah, show me a better well-written album by anyone else.
                                Butterfly was, still is and will forever be IT.
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Amen to the lyrical genius of "Breakdown"

The lyrics to "Butterfly" the song are also breathtaking and so universal.

"Close My Eyes" hits me hard even though I had different types of pain in my childhood:

"Still I feel like a child as I look at the moon
                                  Maybe I grew up a little too soon"

^One of the most perfect couplets in musical history.

And of course "Outside" has outstanding lyrics and will forever remain in my top 5 Mariah songs.
                                  You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Saw this on Twitter. nice
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Whenever You Call is beautiful, it’s so underrated

those runs are career best

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post

Saw this on Twitter. nice
                                        Ok...those X Factor performances were mostly bad lol

The medley was cute and creative. I love talented musical lambs!

Comment

• The X-Factor performances prove how hard Mariah's songs are to sing live. I love it when they sing a Mariah song at such shows, but all of them were awful...

The medley was really nice. They really created something new with the arrangements.
                                          My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Mariah Carey is hands down the greatest female songwriter....her vocabulary>>>>>>>>>>>> I mean some of the words in her songs I had no idea what it meant at times , no one can deny her pen game

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                              The X-Factor performances prove how hard Mariah's songs are to sing live. I love it when they sing a Mariah song at such shows, but all of them were awful...

The medley was really nice. They really created something new with the arrangements.
                                              We are on the same page. X Factor was cringe. I was waiting for a good one...and then they ended with that truly awful AIWFCIY cover.

I thought the medley was creative and I especially enjoyed the mashups of ABMB/WBT and Obsessed/Heartbreaker. So cute!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Better not be anything re-sung or remixed with current vocals…

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

We are on the same page. X Factor was cringe. I was waiting for a good one...and then they ended with that truly awful AIWFCIY cover.

I thought the medley was creative and I especially enjoyed the mashups of ABMB/WBT and Obsessed/Heartbreaker. So cute!
                                                  I liked the Heartbreaker/Obsessed mash up
                                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                    YAAASSSS Butterfly 25, a 3-disc + DVD + 2 Vinyl Special anniversary deluxe edition. That's at least what I am reading into her tweet. <3

Look... someone's gotta be hopeful to the point of pushing optimism to this point.

Believe it stevyy! There can be miracles...
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X