Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

highlighted and quoted for the absolute truth.

Butterfly at Letterman is single handedly one of the 10 greatest live vocal performance by anyone ever.

It should be emphasized as well that Butterfly is the hardest song to sing. ONLY Mariah can and could sing it. The original key is too high for anyone to even try it. And the last 1 min. 30 sec. as portrayed in this performance is God like.

She should have won several accolades for her vocals, let alone the song itself.
    it's a crime butterfly lost the grammy for best pop vocal for this

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      Your faves could NEVER!

her beauty and the epic entrance

Take me back to the 90s NOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

it's a crime butterfly lost the grammy for best pop vocal for this
        I love Sarah McLaughlan (mirrorball and surfacing are everything!)

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

I love Sarah McLaughlan (mirrorball and surfacing are everything!)

She's an excellent artist, with a lovely voice.

Butterfly is just in another vocal category from anything else. That song is such an explosion in the climax, and it's so much more impactful because of the restraint in the delicate verses.

Butterfly the song is truly a masterpiece. It conveys an emotion so eloquently through lyrics, melody, and vocal delivery. So so perfect.
          You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• I am obsessed with the new Honey remix. It is truly epic. I am glad the lamb asked about her doing more house music remixes, but her response was not as enthusiastic as I had hoped...

Butterfly remix is also outstanding, and a totally different vibe than the original, while retaining the original vocals. But the new Honey remix is pure fire and feels timeless...but with modern standards of audio quality/mixing. Ugh I love it.

Unlike stevyy, I am not declaring it my #1 song of all time lol, but it's so darn good. We stan.

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
              I am obsessed with the new Honey remix. It is truly epic. I am glad the lamb asked about her doing more house music remixes, but her response was not as enthusiastic as I had hoped...

Butterfly remix is also outstanding, and a totally different vibe than the original, while retaining the original vocals. But the new Honey remix is pure fire and feels timeless...but with modern standards of audio quality/mixing. Ugh I love it.

Unlike stevyy, I am not declaring it my #1 song of all time lol, but it's so darn good. We stan.
              hater.
              My Chart

Comment

• Mariah Carey's Top Streaming Songs on Spotify: daily (revised)

Timeframe: September 17th

01 - 229,196,704 - +229,001 - 1995 - Fantasy
                02 - 400,481,055 - +218,035 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                03 - 56,179,303 - +214,441 - 2022 - Big Energy Remix
                04 - 1,158,766,137 - +197,157 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                05 - 207,359,579 - +153,335 - 2003 - I Know what You Want
                06 - 210,458,482 - +148,610 - 2009 - Obsessed
                07 - 283,657,380 - +143,131 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                08 - 179,065,818 - +100,698 - 1994 - Without You
                09 - 204,255,315 - +96,204 - 1993 - Hero
                10 - 132,592,987 - +89,726 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                --
                11 - 80,865,332 - +79,344 - 1998 - My All
                12 - 139,905,775 - +70,557 - 1995 - One Sweet Day
                13 - 59,735,279 - +60,035 - 1997 - Honey
                14 - 114,016,226 - +59,777 - 1998 - When you Believe (with Whitney Houston)
                15 - 161,568 - +58,964 - 2022 - The Roof (When I Feel The Need)
                16 - 83,600,114 - +55,543 - 2005 - Shake It Off
                17 - 72,232,784 - +51,067 - 1994 - Endless Love (with Luther Vandross)

17 songs with over 50k is quite amazing for a Saturday update.
                My Chart

Comment

• Being entirely serious when I say I think the Butterfly Amorphous remix is the best song released so far this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

hater.
                    haha fair critique

Comment

• If the album is really gonna be gospel themed, who besides The Clark Sisters do we think will be featured?

Kanye with his Sunday Service Choir is very likely I think. I can also see Drake doing a Gospel-ish track. And Ariana and Beyonce/JayZ would obviously be perfect for it.

Comment

• loved that mariah paid dust to the grammy post

Comment

• BuuuUUUUTT EYEEE
                          wiillllll stand and say gooooodBYYYEEEEE

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                            Being entirely serious when I say I think the Butterfly Amorphous remix is the best song released so far this year.
                            It’s so good!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhenUWalkBy View Post
                              If the album is really gonna be gospel themed, who besides The Clark Sisters do we think will be featured?

Kanye with his Sunday Service Choir is very likely I think. I can also see Drake doing a Gospel-ish track. And Ariana and Beyonce/JayZ would obviously be perfect for it.
                              I believe she will bring Kirk Franklin again. They recorded FILAC in TBL, so that’s why I also believe it’s Gospel related.

Comment

• I am glad, although a little surprised, Mariah has gone all out for Honey.
                                It's so nice to see... Honey was a moment. A big moment. And it's finally getting a lot of attention it deserves.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• In another 4 hours!

Mariah Carey - Another Taste Of Honey

She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Is My All her next viral hit? Saw a couple of reels with it.

Comment

• Ugh why is the Honey vinyl so expensive... I wonder if it will be released outside of the US

I just can't justify the price/shipping costs

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                                        Ugh why is the Honey vinyl so expensive... I wonder if it will be released outside of the US

I just can't justify the price/shipping costs
                                        The vinyl records price have been increasing a lot this year

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

The vinyl records price have been increasing a lot this year
                                          Vinyl sales have been up year after year in the pet decade so it would make sense the prices increase as there’s a demand for them. I’m more upset at the limited sale of the Butterfly 25 vinyl box though. I’ve been dying for some sort of Mariah vinyl box set for years and was planning to buy no matter the price but I was at work when it dropped and it was gone in minutes

Does anyone remember that fan made box set concept from a few years ago with the box cover being just Mariah’s hand holding a butterfly. I thought that looked amazing.
                                          funny how one can learn
                                          to grow numb to the madness
                                          and block it away

Comment

• Chile I been playing Butterfly like a new release

Comment

• 60 seconds till the mini-documentary!
                                              She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• She looks snatched af!!!

Comment

• Btw that looks like the roof top of her NY apartment?

Comment

• Chilllllddddddd… she went and made the shortest documentary of all time! It’s like the same length as the song

Comment

Working...
                                                    X