Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

    I'm afraid people aren't keeping up with the latest...like how a lot of MC fans havent gotten into streaming just yet.

    I fully expect an AIWFCIY exclusive FB video this year!
    This could very well be true.

    Someone on Twitter asked who still uses Facebook... How is someone finding an answer for this question on Twitter, when lots of people who use Facebook don't use Twitter?
    Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation... Prayed through the nights, carried the weight on my own and now I know I've succeeded in finding the place I conceived... I had a Vision of Love

    Comment


    • She is almost serving “Honey” remix video in that new picture with Bryan, I LOVE this hair color on her


      I think the next single she puts out under her name could do well with a big budget video like AIWFCIY (Make My Wish Come True Edition) with lots of ads promoting it like WIB

      If the WIB video were more eventful or colorful, the already impressive views would probably be double!

      I hope it gets on a Spotify playlist like Today’s Top Hits, that would really give it a chance!
      Last edited by allygdale; Mon April 12, 2021, 20:26.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        She is almost serving “Honey” remix video in that new picture with Bryan, I LOVE this hair color on her


        I think the next single she puts out under her name could do well with a big budget video like AIWFCIY (Make My Wish Come True Edition) with lots of ads promoting it like WIB

        If the WIB video were more eventful or colorful, the already impressive views would probably be double!

        I hope it gets on a Spotify playlist like Today’s Top Hits, that would really give it a chance!
        Spotify / streaming promotion, ie playlists, is key. Unfortunately, Mariah has burned down her good fortunes with Spotify by teaming up with Apple Music. We can only hope that Spotify makes competition fair again and doesn't continue to block megastars just because they can. That's not right and should be illegal, imo.
        My Chart

        Comment


        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

          Spotify / streaming promotion, ie playlists, is key. Unfortunately, Mariah has burned down her good fortunes with Spotify by teaming up with Apple Music. We can only hope that Spotify makes competition fair again and doesn't continue to block megastars just because they can. That's not right and should be illegal, imo.
          When was the last time a Mariah solo single had good Spotify playlising ? This supposed blocking happened last Christmas.
          " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
          Baby maybe you're the problem "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

            When was the last time a Mariah solo single had good Spotify playlising ? This supposed blocking happened last Christmas.
            The Caution singles, the The Rarities singles et al. There is not enough history and the streaming era is young and Mariah has only released 1 album since the streaming era grew into its current form...

            Fraud continues to be fraud, even if it only happened a few times in the past. Mariah also isn't the only act who was done wrong... by the company that supposedly acts impartial and yet influences the charts.

            I'm starting to think that... in order to continue to be counted for nationalized music charts, private companies, such as Apple, Spotify, Youtube (Google) need to either hand over control to official charts companies that provide the charts or be completely taken over by them. Otherwise, Charts manipulation will only grow bigger, imo.

            btw, they've already failed to control Radio in the USA which has more than once stopped sales driven hits from becoming airplay hits.
            My Chart

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              When was the last time a Mariah solo single had good Spotify playlising ? This supposed blocking happened last Christmas.
              He is pointing out that it wasn’t a coincidence

              All of Ariana’s new releases debut at the top of Today’s Top Hits, exception being Oh Santa

              2021 remix of a 2016 Travis Scott song “Goosebumps” been on Today’s Top Hits for months, so it wasn’t because it was a remix of an old song

              It is an “insider” playlist, all we have pointed out is it would be a huge deal for Mariah to be on there, and it should not be out of the realm of possibility given her stature

              Comment


              • Originally posted by allygdale View Post

                He is pointing out that it wasn’t a coincidence

                All of Ariana’s new releases debut at the top of Today’s Top Hits, exception being Oh Santa

                2021 remix of a 2016 Travis Scott song “Goosebumps” been on Today’s Top Hits for months, so it wasn’t because it was a remix of an old song

                It is an “insider” playlist, all we have pointed out is it would be a huge deal for Mariah to be on there, and it should not be out of the realm of possibility given her stature
                Wasn't the single an Apple Exclusive though ? Also we both know Oh Santa wasnt an Ariana song not was it new. Expecting it to be on the top of TTH was completely unrealistic. IT was never going to be on that playlist IMO. My point remains - were any of her Caution song son TTH ? I don't know why you would expect a remix of a twelve ? year old Christmas song to be on the top of that playlist.

                Also I dont think all of the songs Ariana has sung on have been on TTH - songs that she did with Victoria Monet or Troye Silvan certainly havent been.

                I dont really know anything about the Travis Scott situation
                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by allygdale View Post


                  It is an “insider” playlist, all we have pointed out is it would be a huge deal for Mariah to be on there, and it should not be out of the realm of possibility given her stature
                  That is exactly the issue. When a few control what the masses are able to hear then that's a fight that nobody can win, especially not Mariah Carey.

                  Maybe the only solution is to abandon / dissolve / discontinue all Spotify generated playlists.That would make it fairer for the individual artist, especially smaller acts.
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • Mariah just needs a big company behind her like she had with Columbia or IDJ in the beginning years. She needs a management team as powerful as roc nation and of course she needs the hit songs. I believe all three are in her power but she will only manage to accomplish the last part.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      Also weird that I didn't see any reaction video on YouTube of the song.

                      As is a trend, any new release tends to have some (actually quite a lot) reactions, but wasn't the case with WIB.
                      Yeah, it's kind of weird. There is something fishy about the view totals too. Why does the audio video, with 650,000 views, have 21k likes but the official video with almost 5m views has only 22k likes? Strange.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        “Pop music was”

                        And Mariah hit No 1 at least three times since he last did, without payola and radio up her ass
                        This aged poorly
                        funny how one can learn
                        to grow numb to the madness
                        and block it away

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LambChild View Post

                          This aged poorly
                          OK so once!

                          But he also had to sell physical CD singles to get there

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                            Wasn't the single an Apple Exclusive though ? Also we both know Oh Santa wasnt an Ariana song not was it new. Expecting it to be on the top of TTH was completely unrealistic. IT was never going to be on that playlist IMO. My point remains - were any of her Caution song son TTH ? I don't know why you would expect a remix of a twelve ? year old Christmas song to be on the top of that playlist.

                            Also I dont think all of the songs Ariana has sung on have been on TTH - songs that she did with Victoria Monet or Troye Silvan certainly havent been.

                            I dont really know anything about the Travis Scott situation
                            Nope. It wasnt an Apple exclusive and it is without question Spotify was being punitive.

                            We should be clear, too, that Oh Santa remix generated significant interest, regardless of the age of the remix (see video streams, social media, sales...)
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              The Emancipation era is perhaps one of the last times we saw Mariah, her management and her label all on the same page for most of the way. What a fantastic era to witness.

                              I remember that GMA performance in that gold dress and learning she shut down Times Square. At the time I had no clue what that meant but that line stood out to me because I was in awe that someone could do that
                              Yeah. I agree.
                              I'm so glad I'm witnessed that Era.
                              Seeing her at the top again was an incredible moment.

                              LOL, and yeah, the GMA concert was really good, loved the outfits and that MIH performance was LIT.

                              Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              Mariah celebrating Bryan's birthday

                              They look so good together.
                              The head tilt with the weird smile is making a re-appearance it seems
                              She looks happy

                              Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                              There was a report I read last month that said that ageism is one of the biggest challenges women in music said they experienced. That, and sexual harassment.

                              I need to look back to find the link for the exact details.
                              I think I read it, or maybe some other article but with the same topic.
                              They were mentioning Mariah and Janet, and also JoJo.
                              I don't remember if I posted it here, but it was an interesting read.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                ads and promo on the internet is key in pandemic times. I wish her labels would do TV commercials again for her new releases in GER. That would be awesome.
                                The ads really worked for the total number,
                                I wonder how Billboard counts them tho.
                                Sure, it's not going to chart on the Hot100, but it's gonna make an appearance in some other charts I guess, so the organic/real views are important.

                                Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                I fully expect an AIWFCIY exclusive FB video this year!
                                Yeah, this needs to happen.

                                Xmas is getting very competitive, she's gonna have to use all the (legal) tactics.
                                I wonder if she would discount the song in the US if she really needs it.
                                She didn't do that last year when Willow dethroned AIW on Xmas week - with a discount she would've been #1 that week too blocking Taylor (remember, only 1 point of difference ). But she did it in the UK tho.
                                Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                I’m still at a loss as to why they havent updated MC’s studio album certifications yet.
                                Same, this NEEDS to happen.
                                Hopefully (right) before her annual Xmas domination or to coincide with some of her upcoming projects, that's always good promo.

                                Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                I feel like they are waiting for Christmastime since they will for sure announce a Diamond certification for Merry Christmas and for “All I Want For Christmas” ... they will use that to create more buzz/press during Mariah’s season!
                                That would be cool, but they can start with some other (non-xmas) certifications before that!

                                Originally posted by leoavalon View Post
                                I've just received my "Miss You" promo single I've bought on Discogs. This song is SO DAMN GOOD! It should've been a regular track on Charm.
                                100% agree.
                                She was serving some vocals at the end.
                                I love the song, issa bop.


                                Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Nope. It wasnt an Apple exclusive and it is without question Spotify was being punitive.

                                We should be clear, too, that Oh Santa remix generated significant interest, regardless of the age of the remix (see video streams, social media, sales...)
                                I agree.
                                Spotify acted like a jerk.
                                I hope they turned the page and that they're on good terms now - or close to the season at least

                                Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                She is almost serving “Honey” remix video in that new picture with Bryan, I LOVE this hair color on her
                                Bye Bye to her darker hair. And where's curlyriah?
                                She looks great with this hair color tho.
                                It's still darker than the blond-ish color she uses most of the time.
                                She looks younger this way!

                                Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                That is exactly the issue. When a few control what the masses are able to hear then that's a fight that nobody can win, especially not Mariah Carey.

                                Maybe the only solution is to abandon / dissolve / discontinue all Spotify generated playlists.That would make it fairer for the individual artist, especially smaller acts.
                                Yeah, this is some deep shit.
                                I agree with that last part especially.

                                Originally posted by MeltAway View Post
                                Yeah, it's kind of weird. There is something fishy about the view totals too. Why does the audio video, with 650,000 views, have 21k likes but the official video with almost 5m views has only 22k likes? Strange.
                                Yeah.
                                The power of the ads?
                                The song jumped from 230K to 2M views in 3 hours, to 4.5 in 5 hours and now it's been stuck at 4.9 for more than 24 hours, it's growing VERY slowly since then.
                                But if more people gets to know the song thanks to that, then it's welcomed. But it wasn't organic for sure, neither on Facebook.
                                Now, with impacting radio in a couple of hours, the track has to battle on its own.

                                Comment


                                • *Rare version of Mariah Carey's "Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do)", taken from her album 'The Emancipation of Mimi', 2005.
                                  This version was released only in the AOL Music's website in November 4th, 2005.


                                  Mariah Carey - Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do) feat. Jermaine Dupri - AOL Version



                                  This sounds quite hot. I like some elements from this version better than the OG.
                                  Of course, this is unfinished, like in a demo form.

                                  Comment


                                  • She's so cute!
                                    Mariah needs to see this!
                                    It's from some months ago tho.

                                    Mariah Carey's Former Beauty School Classmate Reveals How She Was PRE-FAME!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Shaka

                                      Bye Bye to her darker hair. And where's curlyriah?
                                      She looks great with this hair color tho.
                                      It's still darker than the blond-ish color she uses most of the time.
                                      She looks younger this way!
                                      I think it’s the same color, more of a warm honey! It looks darker when it’s curly probably because it has a moisturizing product in it for the curls

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        *Rare version of Mariah Carey's "Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do)", taken from her album 'The Emancipation of Mimi', 2005.
                                        This version was released only in the AOL Music's website in November 4th, 2005.


                                        Mariah Carey - Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do) feat. Jermaine Dupri - AOL Version



                                        This sounds quite hot. I like some elements from this version better than the OG.
                                        Of course, this is unfinished, like in a demo form.
                                        This sounds like a lamb concoction, like they just took the AOL first listen stream of the regular version and added parts

                                        Those sounds are nice but they are doing the wrong notes for the key the song is in


                                        Comment


                                        • I just saw her tweet

                                          I wonder if she’s doing SIO Late Night

                                          I think the Late Night session will be love songs

                                          Last edited by allygdale; Tue April 13, 2021, 07:40.

                                          Comment


                                          • Where I Belong crossed 5M and goes for adds today. Let's see what happens!
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • Strong way
                                              Long way
                                              Like give it to me all daaaaaay

                                              Comment


                                              • WIB is great. Hoping it can have a little success. It's a cute song with a lot if replay value. I think we need to appreciate the vocals a little bit more. So smooth and sexy.
                                                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

                                                Comment


                                                • Today Where I Belong goes for radio adds to rhythmic stations. Today we should all call one station in our area to request. One of two things will happen with this song. Either it will start to get rhythmic play and Mariah will be back on a radio format not seen since 2015s #Beautiful. Six years ago. Or the song will come and go without as much as a whimper. There are a lot of factors at play of course. But if we dont all do our part this week then we shouldnt complain if Mariah is yet again shut out of radio. Building a relationship with a format is important for her next release. Unless she is planning to work with Walter, she will need rhythmic to have any kind of success. In all actuality many casual listeners believe Mariahs last current song was Obsessed in 2009. We can also do our part by sharing the video everywhere. And pressing like on other shared posts of it. But specifically radio will help the video get more views. Lets do this, we have the casual hip hop fans on our side.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I hope Where I Belong would be a sleeper hit, and it’ll usher Mariah to a big album just like I Know What You Want to TEOM. Just lamb dreamin’
                                                    Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X