X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Sony didn't want to put the budget to make it happen

Comment

• SONY:

I really cannot understand the troubles that she may have at the label. The label is her original home. They signed her first and made her the superstar that she is. Up until that messy separation from Tommy, she always had a great working relationship with them and even in her book she has only good things to say about them, well professionally.

SONY can ONLY benefit from her when they support her. Almost all of her material is with them, the Xmas stuff is selling as if it were new material during one of her 90s eras. So, there is still money coming in. Her catalogue sales / streams whatever is still decent enough and not at all on the verge of collapse or sth. Her music is still on the radio. Royalties must be flowing in left, right and centre... well not Taylor Swift type of royalties, but still enough to fully support any new era she may envision.

It's really stupid if they have any sort of quarrels over any new releases by her.

So, I don't know what the issue is, as there shouldn't be any issues to begin with. Mariah Carey is not some independent type of act, she is not Elizabeth Chan or whatever.

I've used the numbers published by E! in 2005 and Mariah Carey has generated something in the region of $2 billion for the company over the years. Money that wasn't even re-invested in her - not even during her heydays as her videos were semi-low-budget and her tours were kept short etc. The money that she has made FOR them was also used to build up new talents (incl. the unmentioned one) or and also for some in-house corruption, I assume.

So, Mariah Carey deserves support from SONY (if she is still with them) and there should be no question about it from any person in a suit.

I am appalled that we are even having this conversation or if-true that SONY is not behind her anymore these days. Alongside Dion and MJ Mariah Carey made SONY THE most prestigious (and relevant) label of the 1990s. I want her to get whatever Springsteen and Streisand are still getting from them. That's all.
      My Chart

Comment

• The Roof (when I feel the need) music video coming tmr

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
          The Roof (when I feel the need) music video coming tmr
          ?

Comment

• I saw that countdown to the official video on youtube. Is it not the Masterclass footage?

Comment

• Comment

• Im breathless ....

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                  Maybe Sony didn't want to put the budget to make it happen
                  I doubt it, the album version is just boring, I am surprised it went as high as it did

The song 100% slays live though with full voice and the “don’t let go” moment

Edit: I didn’t realize you meant Chick
                  Last edited by allygdale; Thu September 22, 2022, 18:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I doubt it, the album version is just boring, I am surprised it went as high as it did

The song 100% slays live though with full voice and the “don’t let go” moment

Edit: I didn’t realize you meant Chick
                    I was talking about A no no

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

I was talking about A no no

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post

Which podcast was it?

I hope she doesn't miss the moment. The idea of a MC alternative album has sparked some interest. If they let that fire go out it might be hard to rekindle.

But, the idea of a MC inspirational type record might be well received as well.
                        This is what I'm actually a bit disappointed she keeps on prematurely mentioning Chick and do nothing about it this is like the 2nd resurrection of that record being picked up by the general publications and nothing again from her. Those publications were hyped about it. I will be really irritated if it will be pushed back again in say next coming years...

Comment

• Lets just wait before the meltdowns.

Right now Mariah is focusing on Butterfly 25 and Global Citizen concert.

If we don't hear anything about Chick before Xmas, don't expect it this year.

Comment

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Halloween release. If not, hopefully the first single from the inspiration album to be released before Christmas.

At least we know the christmas season is upon us so we'll be getting fed in one way or another

Comment

• Comment

• Mariah's top 10 songs of 2022: (Spotify)

01 - 56,904,957 - +56,904,957 - 2022 - Big Energy Remix
                                02 - 230,009,792 - +55,403,210 - 1995 - Fantasy
                                03 - 401,334,135 - +51,743,386 - 2005 - We Belong Together
                                04 - 207,902,585 - +41,792,061 - 2003 - I Know what You Want
                                05 - 284,186,511 - +36,929,475 - 1996 - Always be my Baby
                                06 - 211,040,825 - +33,548,307 - 2009 - Obsessed
                                07 - 179,461,022 - +27,074,535 - 1994 - Without You
                                08 - 204,634,841 - +25,709,314 - 1993 - Hero
                                09 - 1,159,582,519 - +21,761,941 - 1994 - All I want for Christmas Is You
                                10 - 132,946,526 - +21,084,912 - 2008 - Touch my Body
                                My Chart

Comment

• Holy shit! I’m just now listening to Butterfly in Dolby Atmos and it feels like I’m listening to a brand new album!
                                  I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Only fan accounts are saying it’s coming out soon though. It’s giving A No No feat Lil Kim and Cardi B mess

Every article just says she found the version with her vocals and plans to release it

None of them say it’s coming soon. We all want it soon, but there’s zero indication that’s happening

Mariah said she wants to finish her theme album at the top of the year and that’s it as far as dates go
                                    Here in the Netherlands they do say it's coming soon. It was even mentioned on tv in some talk show. Several friends started to send me messages about Mariah releasing a grunge album soon.
                                    My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

• Bros is going to be a smash hit!
                                      congrats to Billy.

I hope Heartbreaker gets a big boost too

Comment

• Interesting that butterfly and TEOM are Mariah's favourite albums.

I personally would rank Daydream above TEOM...

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                          Interesting that butterfly and TEOM are Mariah's favourite albums.

I personally would rank Daydream above TEOM...

I think they are her favourite cos of the feelings attached to them. They are both really important in her life

Comment

• Originally posted by Pureimagination View Post
                                            The Roof (when I feel the need) music video coming tmr
                                            Yay! I 'knew' it.
                                            Well, I had guessed that was the case from her recent Twitter Spaces chat where she mentioned a video will be out soon giving a tease of the Masterclass.

Originally posted by AutomaticPrince View Post
                                            I saw that countdown to the official video on youtube. Is it not the Masterclass footage?
                                            It's very likely to only be that or perhaps additional footage not shown during the recording of that session, but I think that's a great move from Mariah. They are giving the song its moment and that's great to see.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The Roof deserves to chart on the Hot 100. Not that it will remotely happen, but it deserves it. Lol.
                                              Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeonesUglyDaughter View Post

This is what I'm actually a bit disappointed she keeps on prematurely mentioning Chick and do nothing about it this is like the 2nd resurrection of that record being picked up by the general publications and nothing again from her. Those publications were hyped about it. I will be really irritated if it will be pushed back again in say next coming years...
                                                I think it's best for all the lambs mental health to make peace with the fact that SUD is not coming anytime soon, no matter how many publications are reporting it. Mariah was very clear in the podcast, whatever thing she has planned for it, it's not even close to being done or finished.

She has a concert this weekend, a book coming in november and we're still getting things about Butterfly 25. She mentioned a themed album that seems to be way more advanced than any SUD-related project and she specifically said it won't be finished until early 2023. So there's that. Let's enjoy what's ahead of us and what's been recently released.

Comment

• Several "leaks" accounts have been tweeting about another Mariah and Ariana collab coming

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                                                    Holy shit! I’m just now listening to Butterfly in Dolby Atmos and it feels like I’m listening to a brand new album!
                                                    So jealous!! I don't have that. Do you need special speakers of headphones though?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X