Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Radio Adds Day: Where I Belong rhythmic.
    Last edited by tee; Tue April 13, 2021, 12:29.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
      I hope Where I Belong would be a sleeper hit, and it’ll usher Mariah to a big album just like I Know What You Want to TEOM. Just lamb dreamin’
      Remember no radio wanted to touch her. She was so lucky to be on that song in 2003. It was everywhere!

      it made the gap of her radio absence much shorter than it would have been if she had to wait until 2005s We Belong Together.

      Today we should all call one station in our area to request. One of two things will happen with this song. Either it will start to get rhythmic play and Mariah will be back on a radio format not seen since 2015s #Beautiful. Six years ago. Or the song will come and go without as much as a whimper. There are a lot of factors at play of course. But if we dont all do our part this week then we shouldnt complain if Mariah is yet again shut out of radio. Building a relationship with a format is important for her next release. Unless she is planning to work with Walter, she will need rhythmic to have any kind of success. In all actuality many casual listeners believe Mariahs last current song was Obsessed in 2009. We can also do our part by sharing the video everywhere. And pressing like on other shared posts of it. But specifically radio will help the video get more views. Lets do this, we have the casual hip hop fans on our side.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tee View Post

        Remember no radio wanted to touch her. She was so lucky to be on that song in 2003. It was everywhere!

        it made the gap of her radio absence much shorter than it would have been if she had to wait until 2005s We Belong Together.

        Today we should all call one station in our area to request. One of two things will happen with this song. Either it will start to get rhythmic play and Mariah will be back on a radio format not seen since 2015s #Beautiful. Six years ago. Or the song will come and go without as much as a whimper. There are a lot of factors at play of course. But if we dont all do our part this week then we shouldnt complain if Mariah is yet again shut out of radio. Building a relationship with a format is important for her next release. Unless she is planning to work with Walter, she will need rhythmic to have any kind of success. In all actuality many casual listeners believe Mariahs last current song was Obsessed in 2009. We can also do our part by sharing the video everywhere. And pressing like on other shared posts of it. But specifically radio will help the video get more views. Lets do this, we have the casual hip hop fans on our side.
        Agreed.

        Question. Why didn't they send it to the Urban R&B format (formally Urban AC)? To me, it seems like a better suit since it's targeted towards an older audience and most people who listened to IKWYW back in the day would want to listen to the 'sequel' WIB

        Comment


        • Charmbracelet up to #325 on iTunes UK.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

            Nope. It wasnt an Apple exclusive and it is without question Spotify was being punitive.

            We should be clear, too, that Oh Santa remix generated significant interest, regardless of the age of the remix (see video streams, social media, sales...)
            Well with respect I think its all a bit speculative. I mean All I want for Christmas was all over spotify playlists at that time so I don't see how she was being punished. Regarding Oh Santa there was interest sure for the first week then the Arianators checked out. Her record company did nothing really which was no surprise seeing as it was inherently a Mariah song with the girls as backing vocalists. The video has 33 million views on youtube. And social media does not always translate to charts. I don't have any info regarding its sales if by that you meant downloads although I did purchase two copies myself. I just think everyone had unrealistic expectations for that song, expecting it to go to number one and challenge All I want for Christmas is you. Mariah has been struggling on the singles charts for quite a while at this stage. At least the track gave her her highest chart entry since #Beautiful ( outside of AIW) so that was something.

            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
            Baby maybe you're the problem "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              Well with respect I think its all a bit speculative. I mean All I want for Christmas was all over spotify playlists at that time so I don't see how she was being punished. Regarding Oh Santa there was interest sure for the first week then the Arianators checked out. Her record company did nothing really which was no surprise seeing as it was inherently a Mariah song with the girls as backing vocalists. The video has 33 million views on youtube. And social media does not always translate to charts. I don't have any info regarding its sales if by that you meant downloads although I did purchase two copies myself. I just think everyone had unrealistic expectations for that song, expecting it to go to number one and challenge All I want for Christmas is you. Mariah has been struggling on the singles charts for quite a while at this stage. At least the track gave her her highest chart entry since #Beautiful ( outside of AIW) so that was something.
              Yeah, of course it's speculative as none of us work at Spotify to know that they said they will punish Mariah or anyone else.

              Of course, all of this could be nothing, but these editorial decisions to move songs down playlists (like AIWFCIY), to not include them for weeks (like Oh Santa Remix) have big impacts and there is not any clear formula as to how these decisions are/were made. I recall many Mariah fans, and probably Ariana and JHud fans, not getting notifications that the song was released on Spotify which is typical when you "follow" an artist. Things like it being hard to find on artist pages also have big influences on whether someone finds the song. All in all, making the song harder to access will be detrimental.

              In this case, social media chatter did translate into sales as it was the #1 Holiday digital sales song for the week and, as you mentioned, it garnered big streams on Youtube.

              Yes, Mariah struggles with songs charting, but arguably that's, in part, because of things like the aforementioned.

              Anyways, let's see what happens this year.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                The most overdue albums by now are:

                1. #1's --> 7x platinum

                and

                2. TEOM --> 7x platinum

                There could be a case for Rainbow --> 4x Platinum too.

                3. could be Memoirs --> 1x platinum

                4. could be E=MC˛ --> 2x platinum

                Those are the main contenders in my view.

                The Ballads at Gold could become a reality as well in a few years (on sales alone).
                I hope Sony didnt use streams/sales to certify the compilations - and therefore take them away from the parent albums.
                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                  In this case, social media chatter did translate into sales as it was the #1 Holiday digital sales song for the week and, as you mentioned, it garnered big streams on Youtube.

                  Yes, Mariah struggles with songs charting, but arguably that's, in part, because of things like the aforementioned.

                  How many copies does it take to be the #1 Holiday digital sales song ? Where did it land on the general digital sales chart ?
                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

                  Comment


                  • I think it is way better to push the song at rhythmic then the older audience. Mariah will benefit more from a new audience, with you reached the top 10 at urban a/c but then a no no came and went in a flash. Rhythmic shows that they actually think this song has hit potential. Now the lambs have to show up and support. I have already called two different stations. One I didn’t get through to, the other said they would play it!

                    Comment


                    • I just went down the list of this google doc and left requests on FB. I don't know if they take requests from FB messenger, but I hope they do!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        *Rare version of Mariah Carey's "Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do)", taken from her album 'The Emancipation of Mimi', 2005.
                        This version was released only in the AOL Music's website in November 4th, 2005.


                        Mariah Carey - Makin' It Last All Night (What I Do) feat. Jermaine Dupri - AOL Version



                        This sounds quite hot. I like some elements from this version better than the OG.
                        Of course, this is unfinished, like in a demo form.
                        Love that! MILAN is one of my faves form Emancipation ( unpopular opinion here lol) and this is even better than album version

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          I think it’s the same color, more of a warm honey! It looks darker when it’s curly probably because it has a moisturizing product in it for the curls
                          Yeah, I was thinking in her hair color during WBT MLN Mix session.
                          Loved the color and the style.
                          But I also love her gorgeous curls.
                          She seems to be more open to try new things, that's good.

                          Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          I just saw her tweet

                          I wonder if she’s doing SIO Late Night

                          I think the Late Night session will be love songs
                          She really loves SIO

                          Her tweets are pulling great numbers!



                          I want Obsessed and Touch My Body Late Night Mixes. I mean, I need them.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            Where I Belong crossed 5M and goes for adds today. Let's see what happens!
                            It seems like the ads did their work and now it's up to the song (and how much his team is going to push the track).
                            Let's see if it can grow organically.
                            Maybe a "nostalgia moment" can pay off a lil.

                            Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                            WIB is great. Hoping it can have a little success. It's a cute song with a lot if replay value. I think we need to appreciate the vocals a little bit more. So smooth and sexy.
                            Yeah, it's very sexy.
                            I love the whole last minute, I think there's some great elements & moments on there.
                            I'm liking the track each day a bit more, but you have to disassociate it from the OG to really appreciate it on its own.
                            The "oh-o-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" part is so darn catchy!

                            Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                            Question. Why didn't they send it to the Urban R&B format (formally Urban AC)? To me, it seems like a better suit since it's targeted towards an older audience and most people who listened to IKWYW back in the day would want to listen to the 'sequel' WIB
                            Yeah, I thought the same.
                            I'm sure they're sending it later.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              She's so cute!
                              Mariah needs to see this!
                              It's from some months ago tho.

                              Mariah Carey's Former Beauty School Classmate Reveals How She Was PRE-FAME!

                              Thanks for posting. Love it.
                              UKMIX Favourite Members 2021: RayRay being the first member to appear on 20 different voting lists!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Of course, all of this could be nothing, but these editorial decisions to move songs down playlists (like AIWFCIY), to not include them for weeks (like Oh Santa Remix) have big impacts and there is not any clear formula as to how these decisions are/were made. I recall many Mariah fans, and probably Ariana and JHud fans, not getting notifications that the song was released on Spotify which is typical when you "follow" an artist. Things like it being hard to find on artist pages also have big influences on whether someone finds the song. All in all, making the song harder to access will be detrimental.
                                True.

                                Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                I hope Sony didnt use streams/sales to certify the compilations - and therefore take them away from the parent albums.
                                Yeah, this!

                                Originally posted by tee View Post
                                I think it is way better to push the song at rhythmic then the older audience. Mariah will benefit more from a new audience, with you reached the top 10 at urban a/c but then a no no came and went in a flash. Rhythmic shows that they actually think this song has hit potential.
                                The more formats, the better reaching.
                                I think both formats would work quite well.
                                If they're pushing it as a sequel of IKWYW, Urban AC seems like a right place to start too.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post
                                  Love that! MILAN is one of my faves form Emancipation ( unpopular opinion here lol) and this is even better than album version
                                  I love MILAN too, and I also think it should've been on the regular edition of TEOM instead of TTF.

                                  I totally forgot about the AOL version, sounds less polished (and has some messy moments) but as I said I think it has cooler/more interesting elements.

                                  Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                  Thanks for posting. Love it.
                                  No problem!
                                  I love to hear stories about pre-fame-riah.

                                  I love what Rossie told. She knew Mariah since she was a little girl.
                                  But little she knew that that kid would become this mega super star.

                                  Also I love how people who met her before (her roommates) like Clarissa and Josefine have lovely thoughts about her, she's really a good soul.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                                    I hope Sony didnt use streams/sales to certify the compilations - and therefore take them away from the parent albums.
                                    #1's is 6xP eligible on sales alone, 7xP with streaming.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • I love her tone during her first half of TECS Tour.

                                      Mariah Carey Writes NEW Song “Lightning Strikes” On Stage In Kuala Lumpur! (RARE)

                                      Comment


                                      • Is that AOL version real? I could have sworn someone back in the day remixed the AOL leak

                                        If it were real I think it would have been in the stem session like those other extra elements they took out of some songs like WBT

                                        Comment


                                        • Hahaha, I remember "Lightning Strikes in Kuala Lumpur"... the weather was truly miserable and they gave us free rain ponchos. I had to rebuy the poster I bought from the merch stall because the first one got soaked in the rain!!

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                            Is that AOL version real? I could have sworn someone back in the day remixed the AOL leak

                                            If it were real I think it would have been in the stem session like those other extra elements they took out of some songs like WBT
                                            I think it's real.
                                            They posted it as it would be in demo version.
                                            Maybe some lamb remixed it or added some elements? 'Cause it sounds quite messy at parts. Like there's so much going on.
                                            But I remember the AOL version was different from the OG.

                                            Comment




                                            • Look at the thread.
                                              Also don't forget to Shazam the song as it also boosts airplay.

                                              Comment


                                              • Now there's a rumor circulating about a "fake" wedding between Mariah and Luis Mi in Morocco back when they were dating.

                                                They're using Mimi for promo LOL.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                                  Hahaha, I remember "Lightning Strikes in Kuala Lumpur"... the weather was truly miserable and they gave us free rain ponchos. I had to rebuy the poster I bought from the merch stall because the first one got soaked in the rain!!
                                                  I love her tone there!
                                                  LOL, yeah, I remember seeing the vids from that date and was raining quite a lot.

                                                  I really miss these spontaneous acapella free-style moments on stage.

                                                  I still think the TMB Intros need to make a comeback.
                                                  They gave a new life to the song.



                                                  Also the Band Intros.
                                                  Now that would be a moment.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Nearly 7 million view's ???????

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X