• Billy is a lamb!
    He had his first kiss listening to "And you don't remember"

@2:20

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      Billy is a lamb!

That was sooooo sweet! I really really want him to be successful with this project. And his affection for Mariah is REAL!
      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• I really need this video in 4K. What a smash it would be

Comment

• Originally posted by Loverboy View Post
          I really need this video in 4K. What a smash it would be

None of the Glitter videos are on Mariah's YouTube channel....

Comment

• I love that he is a proud Mariah fan

Comment

Billy is a lamb!
              Aw, I love that.

Come on Mariah - I want the whole history of "And You Don't Remember" - I love that song... I love that album.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• One of my favourite interviews ever!
                Mariah looks beautiful and the backdrop in the butterfly sanctuary is perfect

Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Sat October 1, 2022, 15:41.

Comment

• Does anyone think she'll release a new Christmas song his year?

I'm hoping for something new in a different genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                    Does anyone think she'll release a new Christmas song his year?

The only Xmas song I want is "Where are you Christmas"

She can keep the rest.

Comment

• The only Christmas promo Mariah is allowed to do this year is to show up to some big award show or chat show and sit at a piano and sing MYMACT live.

Not here for anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                        The only Christmas promo Mariah is allowed to do this year is to show up to some big award show or chat show and sit at a piano and sing MYMACT live.

Not here for anything else.
                        Not with the voice she currently has. That song should not be performed, it will never live up to the majesty of the recording. Let it go.

Comment

The only Xmas song I want is "Where are you Christmas"

She can keep the rest.
                          I'd be up for that, she did say she was thinking of recording it last year. It should be released as a proper standalone single.

Comment

• She can keep any genre of Christmas music she has. I’m good for a lifetime sis.

Comment

• Jhud has a new talk show.

I would love if Mariah/Ari came to visit and they sing Oh Santa.
                              we need a live performance from the Trio!
                              Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Sat October 1, 2022, 16:47.

Comment

Billy is a lamb!

I wish I could also listen to the whole story of AYDR

Comment

Jhud has a new talk show.

I would love if Mariah/Ari came to visit and they sing Oh Santa.
                                  we need a live performance from the Trio!
                                  Ari is busy in London filming her movie

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyOj View Post

Think of a song as having two revenue streams - publishing is the money generated for the songwriting portion (or entity who took ownership of that credit due to a deal). Because Mariah wrote everything she’s ever recorded that’s not a cover, money was collected and paid to her every time her music was played on the radio, tv, anywhere public. Publishing revenue was also collected for every CD, cassette, vinyl, download and to a lesser extent now, stream of her music. Mariah has deservedly made a massive amount of wealth from being a songwriter. The money generated in publishing while physical media sales were still strong was astronomical. The publishing income also meant that Mariah didn’t have to hustle on the road like her peers Whitney and Celine who were seeing none of that money unless they had the occasional co-write or requested a cut to record a song like Celine did. High profile songwriters like Diane Warren who wrote hits for both weren’t sharing publishing with them though. Songwriters made bank until Napster and illegal downloading took hold.

Owning the master refers to the ultimate ownership of the work which is almost always the record label. They control how and when a song can be used and receive the payment for that (songwriters also have to sign off on sampling though). How much an artist is paid, if at all, when a song is used depends on their individual record deal. That Mariah has a say in how her Sony masters can be used is very unusual since they are outright ‘owned’ by Sony. That she co-owns her IDJ masters from Emancipation to MIAM is amazing and shows the power she has. It’s almost unheard of and means even more of a revenue percentage for her!
                                    Thanks for the explanation! So what's the issue with Glitter? It wasn't released in vinyl in 2020 for MC30 with the rest of her albums but it was uploaded to streaming in 2021 (showing ℗ MARIAH in the credits) for the anniversary. It was available before that on digital services as it topped iTunes albums chart in 2018. I guess she can release Glitter on vinyl now if she wants?
                                    Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                    www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

Thanks for the explanation! So what's the issue with Glitter? It wasn't released in vinyl in 2020 for MC30 with the rest of her albums but it was uploaded to streaming in 2021 (showing ℗ MARIAH in the credits) for the anniversary. It was available before that on digital services as it topped iTunes albums chart in 2018. I guess she can release Glitter on vinyl now if she wants?
                                      she owns 100% of glitter masters so she can do whatever she likes

Comment

I'd be up for that, she did say she was thinking of recording it last year. It should be released as a proper standalone single.

She doesn’t even need to re-record it. Just give us Mariah’s scratch vocal demo from back then that Mary Ann used as a guide to record her demo that was given to Faith Hill. “Out Here On My Own” was a scratch vocal and it was perfect! So was “Can You Hear Me”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

No problem! As mm2912 said Mariah could do anything she wants with “Glitter”. She could give us deluxe editions including the unreleased tracks that were blacked out on that master tape box. She could upload all the videos to her YouTube channel. There are no restrictions on what she could do with that project. Imagine if she’d had a few thousand copies of “Glitter” pressed and it charted again like #1’s did. While she appreciated the hashtag campaign, for whatever reason she doesn’t want to give that album any further attention. Did she even mention the recent 21st anniversary? I wonder if it would even be available digitally if the fans hadn’t pushed for it? Sure the album represents a hard time in her life but it seemed like she had reclaimed it ‍♂️

Comment

She doesn’t even need to re-record it. Just give us Mariah’s scratch vocal demo from back then that Mary Ann used as a guide to record her demo that was given to Faith Hill. “Out Here On My Own” was a scratch vocal and it was perfect! So was “Can You Hear Me”.
                                            That would be pure Lamb Heaven. Maybe she can do a Rarities 2 and release it during the Xmas season with WAYC as a lead.

Comment

No problem! As mm2912 said Mariah could do anything she wants with “Glitter”. She could give us deluxe editions including the unreleased tracks that were blacked out on that master tape box. She could upload all the videos to her YouTube channel. There are no restrictions on what she could do with that project. Imagine if she’d had a few thousand copies of “Glitter” pressed and it charted again like #1’s did. While she appreciated the hashtag campaign, for whatever reason she doesn’t want to give that album any further attention. Did she even mention the recent 21st anniversary? I wonder if it would even be available digitally if the fans hadn’t pushed for it? Sure the album represents a hard time in her life but it seemed like she had reclaimed it ‍♂️
                                              Oh ok! Maybe for the 25th anniversary she'll do a deluxe edition of Glitter with all the goodies. Hope it doesn't take that long for the videos to be uploaded to Youtube though.

Comment

At this point, I think she's way past that. She was more conscious about everything that went on with the movie, and after the memoir I believe we can all agree that she's at peace with that. Perhaps she's preparing something for a later event, she's always been one to capitalise on her catalogue. Having said that, I dont see the point on Glitter being on streaming platforms and not the videos, I was expecting them to be featured during the MC30 campaign.

Comment

• I would think she will do something Christmas related every year, barring unforeseen circumstances like Covid.

I'm surprised that we haven't gotten some Christmas concert dates, tbh. Seems like she should be doing a little Xmas tour somewhere every year, she can move it around from year to year.

Comment

Does anyone think she'll release a new Christmas song his year?

I think she will release something from the "inspirational" album because Christmas is the best season to promote this type of music.
                                                    I'm pretty sure FILAC was born in the sessions for this album as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X