No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there, Lambs! I just posted one of my favorites songs to my SoundCloud. I would love it if y'all had a listen and gave some feedback. <3

I am also working on an industrial (think Nine Inch Nails) cover if "Heartbreaker" lol. More to come!

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/U3bQgUDEQ2TGh5ig7
    You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Wow, I love this.

Very cool concept.

The raspy voice is so on point and also great arrangement!

Mariah Carey - Circles (Live Concept)

Circles would be another good track for a chill Late Night Mix.

Comment

• I'm so glad she didn't go on tour.
        Her voice couldn't have handled it - besides her personal issues at that moment that we all know of.

Two things:
        1. Her voice was shot but her confidence was on fire, she gave her all in that MIH performance. So many original attempts that she avoided during TEOM Era.
        2. Interesting how her nodules were affecting more her mid-register (Bb4-C5) than her upper chest, I mean she was belting out multiple clear E5s with more ease than the B4s from the same concert, she even went for the F#5 (in MIH) and yeah was raspy but pitch centered and with a nice quality to it.

How Mariah Carey’s “E=MC˛ Tour” WOULD Have Sounded! (RARE Concert)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
          I'm so glad she didn't go on tour.
          Her voice couldn't have handled it - besides her personal issues at that moment that we all know of.

Two things:
          1. Her voice was shot but her confidence was on fire, she gave her all in that MIH performance. So many original attempts that she avoided during TEOM Era.
          2. Interesting how her nodules were affecting more her mid-register (Bb4-C5) than her upper chest, I mean she was belting out multiple clear E5s with more ease than the B4s from the same concert, she even went for the F#5 (in MIH) and yeah was raspy but pitch centered and with a nice quality to it.

Is this the last she attempted those F5s and the 2nd verse of MIH?

Comment

• Yeah, it was the last time she attempted the F#5 in the second verse.

She did the 2nd verse in Jamaica Fest '15 (but she avoided the belt) and also during TECS Tour in '14 (but she also dodged the high belt).

Comment

• "Where I Belong" is at 8.4M views.

I wonder if today we're getting another sudden big update of 2/3M views like on the previous days or will stay flat.

Comment

• Comment

• I'll never hear Arroz Con the same ever again! You all are so bad.

Comment

• I don’t have much to add to the WIB discussion, other than the song has grown on me, and it deserves more attention than it’s currently getting.

Busta is good people. He let my colleagues and I have drinks someone sent to him at an event years ago. It was hot, we were running around like headless chickens, and he took pity on us. I think he didn’t like it, it was cheaper than what they already had, so to us it went. He even patiently listened to me stutter out my appreciation of I Know What You Want. My childhood stutter returned at the worst possible moment, lol. I’ve got the pic of me with my crew from that event somewhere. It’s a very happy memory!

For comparison and contrast, a certain star from the 80s and earl 90s was quite the divo who yelled at us every two seconds, demanded more expensive booze, told every woman who walked by she was fat as hell, yelled at his own entourage, and poured water inside the front of my shirt before trying to out his hand in and grope me when I had to retrieve him and get him prepped for what we were doing. Not a musician, and not the same event. He’s not popular like he was then, but is weirdly relevant enough to be everywhere for different high-profile events.

Comment

• Where I Belong is my jam!

im glad it’s getting love (even if it is bot love... cough)

Comment

Yeah, it was the last time she attempted the F#5 in the second verse.

She did the 2nd verse in Jamaica Fest '15 (but she avoided the belt) and also during TECS Tour in '14 (but she also dodged the high belt).
                        If we get a Beacon this Christmas I won’t be surprised if we get a few random f#5’s... she never ceases to amaze during her Christmas shows!

hope your week has been good everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by tee View Post
                          Maybe Mariah isnt so keen to share the video because it starts with the caption- 18 Years Later.. you know her feelings on acknowledging time lol

you could be on the money here, haha

Comment

I know someone else has probably already said this, but I can’t believe she still has that ugly necklace. Her face is on point here, though. She’s giving me ABMB video vibes.

Comment

"Where I Belong" is at 8.4M views.

I wonder if today we're getting another sudden big update of 2/3M views like on the previous days or will stay flat.
                              WIB is now has more streams on YouTube than A No No has! Too bad people are only watching the video, and not looking the song up on Spotify!

Comment

• I appreciate that Busta is still actively promoting his album and the song on socials. The album came out in October and he's still pushing it. That's impressive in its own right. Apparently vinyl are coming too. I do hope he, and this song, find some measure of success somehow.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I felt old as hell when I saw the 18 years later in the video and I’m not even 30 yet. IKWYW was the jam back in the day.
                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

Yeah, it was the last time she attempted the F#5 in the second verse.

I miss the 2nd verse of MIH. I hope she will do it again someday.

Comment

• If team mariah is reading this please put Fourth of July on Spotify 4th July playlists this year.
                                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Where i belong at 8.6 million now, this is the time of day the numbers start to move,

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I know someone else has probably already said this, but I can’t believe she still has that ugly necklace. Her face is on point here, though. She’s giving me ABMB video vibes.
                                          The video was shot in 2017

Comment

• past 9 million now, wish it was being as successful on itunes

Comment

• Busta made an album he is proud of and he is promoting it to the fullest. It is refreshing in a time when if something does not sell two million out of the gate we forget it ever existed. There are plenty of ways to promote and if it takes a few years to make the album what kind of sense does it make to stop promoting it after the first three weeks.

I too wish it would go higher on iTunes but has everyone bought it? Has everyone tweeted radio stations or called in to request?

Comment

I'm so glad she didn't go on tour.

Two things:

Yes Shaka! On point I think but y’all know I ain’t music note proficient just observant

Dem high belts are usually clear and always in perfect pitch regardless of sleep maybe because they are like a “super”natural part of her voice “around the nodules”

I think she could slay dem I’ll Be There “e-yeah yeah yeah yeah!” belts in a totally impromptu moment

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

The video was shot in 2017
                                                  She wore it on her birthday a couple of weeks back

Comment

• Daydream crossed 500 million on Spotify!

Total - 500,116,799

Comment

Working...
                                                    X