Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
    I need the 7 min version. After the memoir release she's a new person and artist
    Yes, i think the same, Mariah is on another level of greatness now after the release of the memoirs. Im so happy for her

Comment

• Love the look

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
        One day, I hope Mariah whistles the final long note on WBT (like how she did whistles on VOL during Charmy tours)....
        Funny 'cause I was watching the performance and for a second I thought she was going to whistle instead of doing the C5 belt LOL.

Comment

• Live it was not, but she looked good

Comment

• Voting Now Open in The Mariah Carey Discography Rate

Vote here:
            https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...scography-rate
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

After the memoir release she's a new person and artist
              FREER.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Not true.
                  When she sang the Auld Lang Syne snippet on January 1st her voice was fuller and darker.
                  It's a stylistic choice and has to do with her technique too.
                  During the Tours (actual live perfomances) she goes for fuller vocals in chest, in the studio (album or pre-recorded performance) she takes another direction and uses a lighter voice, that gives her more agility btw.
                  See Vegas 2020 VS home performances or even live snippets from TAOM from her house VS home performances.
                  Her tone is fuller in general but not in her upper register. The last part of wbt is very demanding because it's not fully sung in chest voice. It has a lot of transitions and it's that part of her voice that sounds thinner to me.
                  You don't hit specific notes the same way everytime, it depends on what note or what type of voice are you using before, the amount of air, if the sound is closed or opened. WBT it's a vocal suicide. The 2nd verse is like running a marathon.
                  But I'm not criticizing it, I love what she's done here. There are parts of her voice that sounds different and it's a style choice because she can't do it like in the past or she's not sure about it. But for me it is what she has to do, find new ways in her voice, evolve. It's not a bad thing, it's just the nature of voice.
                  And shaka it's not the same to sing a snippet relaxed in your dinning room than a full song in depend on what context.

Comment

• Her coloratura jumped out in that head voice arpeggio. That was so fast!

Comment

Her tone is fuller in general but not in her upper register.
                      Let's agree to disagree on this!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I mean Whitney had some of her biggest hits in the US in her career at that exact same time - My love is your love, Heratbreak Hotel and INRBIO were all Top 5 hits directly after but for some reason the duet didn't catch fire.
                          Out of Mariah’s prime? Barely.

Comment

• Here's the first part before the performance where they chat for a bit:

Comment

• Comment

• about the new WBT performance , no and no and no ...

she is a great artist and a great musician , she should just sing with her nature voice and improvise ,she could do it . even lower the key like she does all in the time in the shows ..
                                i never heart this faked prerecorded "perfection ".

Mariah , we don't need this . we love you and we are growing up and aging with you , together ....

orange clouds roll by ....

Comment

The 2nd verse arrangements with the drums... so beautiful. This version is very jazzy
                                  I love the arrangement and a jazzy direction is just what she needs because the generic hip-hop beats have been played out to death by the industry for the last 30 years. This gave me such nostalgia it was magical as if I was hearing the song for the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
                                    Live it was not, but she looked good
                                    Nope it was 100% live!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                      I love the arrangement and a jazzy direction is just what she needs because the generic hip-hop beats have been played out to death by the industry for the last 30 years. This gave me such nostalgia it was magical as if I was hearing the song for the first time.
                                      I know, she made some twists and feels like brand new.
                                      She's such a genius with the arrangements, this was brilliant.
                                      I'm listening the performance on a loop!

Comment

• The instrumental

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I know, she made some twists and feels like brand new.
                                          She's such a genius with the arrangements, this was brilliant.
                                          I'm listening the performance on a loop!
                                          I need it on Apple music. I love it. The 2nd verse is my fav part with the "too deep" changes and the drums in the last part

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmXino View Post
                                            about the new WBT performance , no and no and no ...

she is a great artist and a great musician , she should just sing with her nature voice and improvise ,she could do it . even lower the key like she does all in the time in the shows ..
                                            i never heart this faked prerecorded "perfection ".

Mariah , we don't need this . we love you and we are growing up and aging with you , together ....

I respect your opinion but this is a step forward

Comment

• I love the arrangement, especially the elctric guitar. I take this as evidence that "chick" is upon us.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• She looked amazing. The dark hair is definitely her best shade.

I’m just waiting for criticism about it not being live. The arrangement is gorgeous but some of the vocals are so edited that it’s obvious it’s not possible to execute them live.

I would have loved a live performance against this beautiful arrangement.

Generally, her tone is great and nowhere near the MIAM level of “chipmunk” some of you are claiming.
                                                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• WBT up to 165 on iTunes.

Surprised the new version isn't uploaded on the streameries yet.
                                                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                    WBT up to 165 on iTunes.

Surprised the new version isn't uploaded on the streameries yet.
                                                    We need it!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X