Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    I want artists to stop coming up with their own challenge

    but bless him! This has 950K views on tik tok!!

    well, I take any type of promo... I really want WIB to climb to 50k daily streams... 14k is not IT... but it seems to slowly increase on Spotify. They should issue a limited physical single, maybe with all 3 songs which they have done together. #Can't Say No.
    My Chart

    Comment


    • Mariah posted about it finally. Maybe it’s timed for new chart week? MC could do the challenge with dem kids.



      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        I want artists to stop coming up with their own challenge

        but bless him! This has 950K views on tik tok!!



        I think it's great tht he started the challenge. Really admire Busta, he seems working really hard to ensure some kind of success for this little song. I hope WIB will catch the gp's attention.

        Comment


        • She's making sure we know it's just for nostalgia

          And that challenge... what exactly is the challenge?
          MESMARIAHSING!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

            well, I take any type of promo... I really want WIB to climb to 50k daily streams... 14k is not IT... but it seems to slowly increase on Spotify. They should issue a limited physical single, maybe with all 3 songs which they have done together. #Can't Say No.
            Can't Say No was not one of them. Busta was on her Last Night a DJ Saved My Life.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              I asked for it? So many jokes going through my head right now


              Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              Ah man, I loved her in between the two eras voice. When she had that daydream resonance but the butterfly tone was developing. Thanks for sharing, I love this performance!
              You're welcome!
              I also love her transitions Era.
              Emotions/Unplugged to Music Box to Merry Xmas and then Daydream, so many changes in such a little amount of time.

              Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              Same! She’s got a strong point though. I bet she was thinking “are you f*cling serious?”
              I know.
              Like the time she was asked if Beyoncé or JLo had some influence in her music during that TEOM Interview

              Originally posted by wolfeagle View Post
              She could have sung any song with that tone and it would have sounded amazing! Just as her tone in Out Here On My Own! Wish there were more professionally recorded lives from that era.
              Ugh, I know!
              I need the Honolulu '98 concert in full, her tone sounded just divine. And she was very emotional that night.

              ​​​​​​​


              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                Where I Belong has a small bump on iTunes.

                Now #1475. Perhaps a buying campaign tomorrow for new chart week?
                That's like... 10 copies

                I don't see any strong campaign on Twitter.
                Seems like lambs aren't so much interested.
                They were doing a Caution Appreciation Day instead LOL.
                The fact that Mariah is totally ignoring the song doesn't help either.

                Originally posted by Xmas View Post
                I think the add placement is really working well. People that discover the song are liking it
                Yeah, the song is catchy.
                I hope it's able to grow organically at some point.
                I mean, I wonder how many REAL VIEWS the video has.
                The number of likes is so low in relation to the total number (10.2M).

                How it's possible that Mariah's WBT Late Night Mix performance has 3.1M views and 136K likes while Where I Belong MV has 10.2M with only 71K likes?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                  Hoping to get a new album by the Fall... but that might be wishful thinking.
                  She's not doing an album this year.
                  If you listened to the QuestLove interview from January she made it clear that she was going to take her time with it, that means at least more than a whole year.
                  I think she's in the studio working on the Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis track (probably almost done) and some other own projects like a mini-concert (pre-recorded) like WBT Mix, the Chick album, she also mentioned she asked Timba for Skydiving, she is working with Millie... a busy girl

                  Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  I don’t think there’s ever been another song like Sprung released by any other artist. It was an unusual moment for her but I adore it
                  I love Sprung.
                  People sometimes complain 'cause "she's not experimental" but when she does something totally fresh and different they shade it or ignorite LOL. Only a few lambs mention the song and I know it's disliked by a lot.

                  Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  There goes my Heart is really the only thing I miss. The production is superb. You can almost feel the love band in the room with her. Authenticity!
                  Ok, one of her best songs EVER.
                  Exquisite track.

                  Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                  On the topic of WIB, what was Mariahs last track to get 10m views in one week? Oh Santa aside
                  AIWFCIY (MMWCT Special Edition) did around 30M in its first week

                  I mean, real views


                  Comment


                  • OMg she knows we call it Einstein

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      I'm now on a Daydream banter. The album really was IT. For a long time, I did not really immerse myself in it... but in the past 3 years or so, it has made its way into my Hall of Fame. What an effort.
                      It's nice you finally saw the light.

                      Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      I want artists to stop coming up with their own challenge

                      but bless him! This has 950K views on tik tok!!

                      http://twitter.com/BustaRhymes/statu...36832761708545
                      LOL, I love it.
                      And I like that he started the challenge for his own track.
                      At least he's doing promo and trying to get the song heard.

                      Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      Mariah posted about it finally. Maybe it’s timed for new chart week? MC could do the challenge with dem kids.

                      http://twitter.com/MariahCarey/statu...37295062122499
                      Finally! LOL.
                      Yeah, a challenge with dem kids would be cute.
                      And I want to see her, and least on TikTok!

                      Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                      I think it's great tht he started the challenge. Really admire Busta, he seems working really hard to ensure some kind of success for this little song. I hope WIB will catch the gp's attention.
                      Yeah, I agree.
                      He really seems to be into the track.
                      ​​​​​​​Major respect for him.

                      Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                      And that challenge... what exactly is the challenge?
                      Don't be rude
                      ​​​​​​​

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shaka View Post

                        How it's possible that Mariah's WBT Late Night Mix performance has 3.1M views and 136K likes while Where I Belong MV has 10.2M with only 71K likes?
                        Could be a number of factors.
                        One is that likes may not necessarily update in real time, but I don't actually know that (just based on how their views update and how reddit handles their likes) although that is probably less a factor.

                        The difference between WBT and WIB is that WBT would have been checked out more by Mariah fans who are more likely to like the video.
                        WIB would have attracted a lot of casual listeners/viewers, and they may be less inclined to like the video.

                        Or there is an actual problem with the views, but in this day and age, is that likely?
                        MESMARIAHSING!

                        Comment




                        • An absolute slay, my love for this song has only grown with time

                          Timeless, it could have been on any album from Butterfly on except for Glitter
                          Last edited by allygdale; Fri April 16, 2021, 06:06.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                            Can't Say No was not one of them. Busta was on her Last Night a DJ Saved My Life.
                            Can't Say No was a Rick Ross track.

                            She worked with Busta in:
                            Last Night a DJ Saved My Life
                            I Know What You Want
                            Side Effects Remix
                            Where I Belong

                            I totally forgot about Can't Say No, LOL, listening to it rn.

                            Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                            OMg she knows we call it Einstein
                            Of course!
                            She reads us all the time!
                            She even knows we call her curlyriah

                            ---

                            P.S. Bye Bye has now surpassed 100M views.



                            She has now 16 videos with more than 100M views on YouTube.

                            Next one is Endless Love, currently at 98.6M, but it's growing very slowly.

                            Comment


                            • So can WIB chart on hot 100?
                              NoHype.

                              my lousy cover of "Sway"https://soundcloud.com/nyein-chann-a...n-martin-cover

                              Comment


                              • Is anyone else obsessed with the SIO adlib at 2:37?

                                Iiiiiiiiii gotta make the mooooove

                                I live for that vibrato on the “Iiiiiiii”

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                  Or there is an actual problem with the views, but in this day and age, is that likely?
                                  The point I was trying to make is that all those views are not "real". LOL.
                                  Otherwise it should be being streamed in other formats & platforms as well.
                                  There's no reactions of the song on YT, I mean...
                                  Etc, etc, etc

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                    I love this concert.
                                    She sounded and looked amazing.

                                    This was the time when she started healing after those terrible years

                                    Comment


                                    • I need that ending whistle to make a comeback! Please!

                                      (Oh, and the live climax as well LOL)

                                      [RARE] Hero & Butterfly Outro - Mariah Carey, Live Glasgow



                                      ---

                                      Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      Is anyone else obsessed with the SIO adlib at 2:37?

                                      Iiiiiiiiii gotta make the mooooove

                                      I live for that vibrato on the “Iiiiiiii”
                                      I love it too.
                                      She's done it live some times!



                                      Comment


                                      • There's people who don't like Sprung? What do they like then? Demi Lovato?
                                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

                                        Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

                                        www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                          There's people who don't like Sprung? What do they like then? Demi Lovato?
                                          I see a lot of hate on Twitter.
                                          Don't know here.
                                          Let's do a poll!

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

                                            Could be a number of factors.
                                            One is that likes may not necessarily update in real time, but I don't actually know that (just based on how their views update and how reddit handles their likes) although that is probably less a factor.

                                            The difference between WBT and WIB is that WBT would have been checked out more by Mariah fans who are more likely to like the video.
                                            WIB would have attracted a lot of casual listeners/viewers, and they may be less inclined to like the video.

                                            Or there is an actual problem with the views, but in this day and age, is that likely?
                                            Busta’s challenge on tik tok crossing 1 million views in 24 hours is nothing to scoff at either. Thats quite substantial when you think about potentially where streams and sales may come from AND also speak to the song’s exposure.
                                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                            Comment


                                            • Stay Long Love You deserves more love.

                                              Comment


                                              • I love her work.



                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                                  Stay Long Love You deserves more love.
                                                  Love dem adlibs

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I dont know if Where I belong will blow up or no but I am happy thay Busta and his team are trying. This is the only thing that put me off mariah lately ( and i love her to death ) but her latest project hasnt shown any interest from her or her team. I mean im even excited for where i belong cos you can see Busta is real excited. I mean, we always say mariah foes not have the label support, but trying a tik tok challenge is something you dont need money from the label to try at least.

                                                    Thats is thats my rant for today lol

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X