Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

P.S. Bye Bye has now surpassed 100M views.

She has now 16 videos with more than 100M views on YouTube.

Next one is Endless Love, currently at 98.6M, but it's growing very slowly.
    16??
    wow, that sounds impressive!
    how does it compare to her contemporaries? Female and male.

I can't even know what to say...

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
      Love dem adlibs
      Issa bop.
      I wish she would've sung the full thing, at least once, during the Caution Tour.
      The fragment she performed was great tho, I love her tone in that region.

Also there's some hidden whistles:

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerac View Post
        I dont know if Where I belong will blow up or no but I am happy thay Busta and his team are trying. This is the only thing that put me off mariah lately ( and i love her to death ) but her latest project hasnt shown any interest from her or her team. I mean im even excited for where i belong cos you can see Busta is real excited. I mean, we always say mariah foes not have the label support, but trying a tik tok challenge is something you dont need money from the label to try at least.

Thats is thats my rant for today lol
        Yeah, I 100% agree, that's why I said I admire Busta 'cause at least he's trying, against all odds.

I feel like this record is very personal for him and that he's very proud.

You can see in the backstage video he posted, it was like working with family for him, again, after 18 years, with the same people. Feels like a full cycle, amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Milano View Post
          16??
          wow, that sounds impressive!
          Yeah!
          And they're all from different Eras and decades.

Endless Love is almost there with 98.7M.

Then we have O Holy Night with 79M and does great on Xmas, Fantasy with 76.5M (that I think it's gonna blow up when the movie comes out) , and the auto-generated AIW (audio video) is at 72.5M.

Really great numbers.

She needs to do a video for Xmas (Baby Please Come Home) ASAP.
          It would be a success (in the same vein as AIW MMCT Edition).

Comment

• What a great performance

My All at Cardiff.

Comment

• The SSFT really did have great vocals.
              My Chart

Comment

• I hate Mariah for not releasing live albums of her tours and dvds. such a waste.
                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  The SSFT really did have great vocals.
                  I think the tour, in general, was very well done.

She has a lot of footage from it too both on stage and behind the scenes (From Mariah's World and more). She can put together a nice DVD package.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Where I Belong entered UK iTunes at #155, US iTunes at #781

Comment

The SSFT really did have great vocals.
                      Yes.
                      They should have used more clips (actual full performances) from the SSFT on Mariah's World.

She sounded great and looked bomb.

Comment

I hate Mariah for not releasing live albums of her tours and dvds. such a waste.
                        Still I can't believe that we don't have a Charmbracelet Tour DVD

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Where I Belong entered UK iTunes at #155, US iTunes at #781
                          Yay! So happy for Busta and Mariah

Mariah should do the challenge to motivate lambs

bm08 how can i check the list online for thw top 1000?

Comment

• I thought the tiktok challenge would be people trying to copy Busta's insanely fast rap, now that's a real challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                              I thought the tiktok challenge would be people trying to copy Busta's insanely fast rap, now that's a real challenge.
                              That would be dope.
                              But it's almost impossible, LOL.
                              But as a concept for a challenge is definitely interesting.

Comment

Yay! So happy for Busta and Mariah

Mariah should do the challenge to motivate lambs

bm08 how can i check the list online for thw top 1000?
                                I use Kworb and LivePopBars - but both can be delayed at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                  The difference between WBT and WIB is that WBT would have been checked out more by Mariah fans who are more likely to like the video.
                                  WIB would have attracted a lot of casual listeners/viewers, and they may be less inclined to like the video.
                                  Is there any chance that WIB is being played as YouTube Radio or maybe playlisted in some way? That could explain that people are listening but not liking. But I don’t know if YouTube does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Yeah, I 100% agree, that's why I said I admire Busta 'cause at least he's trying, against all odds.

I feel like this record is very personal for him and that he's very proud.

You can see in the backstage video he posted, it was like working with family for him, again, after 18 years, with the same people. Feels like a full cycle, amazing.
                                    Maybe one difference between Busta’s project and Mariah’s Rarities was that Rarities came out as a support for her book. And it made sense because promoting the book had a much higher return.

Also, Mariah (and most any singer that had such huge hits) is easily written-off as that they can’t recreate what they did. Anything that doesn’t chart #1 is considered a flop. I have a feeling that this affects her more than we think. I think she doesn’t want to act “desperate for a hit.”

I’m really happy to see her more comfortable in her skin in the recent years. She doesn’t need #1’s anymore. She already did that. Just work on whatever makes you happy and live your life!

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Maybe one difference between Busta’s project and Mariah’s Rarities was that Rarities came out as a support for her book. And it made sense because promoting the book had a much higher return.

Also, Mariah (and most any singer that had such huge hits) is easily written-off as that they can’t recreate what they did. Anything that doesn’t chart #1 is considered a flop. I have a feeling that this affects her more than we think. I think she doesn’t want to act “desperate for a hit.”

I’m really happy to see her more comfortable in her skin in the recent years. She doesn’t need #1’s anymore. She already did that. Just work on whatever makes you happy and live your life!
                                      I wasnt talking about this or only the rarities. She tends to release projects and then abandon them after one week or few days, without even promoting them. Caution says hi! Oh santa says hi! I think she should do a charmbracelet and promote it even if it not successful. So i think u missed my point hehe

Comment

• Well I mean she did a few performances for Caution plus interviews and she did the tour. She shot videos for three songs. She made her coins from the areas which were available to her at the time. The Rarities was always going to be a project for the fans and as it was released during covid she couldn't really do much with it except for the few home performances and interviews here and there ( which she did both). She also released songs prior to the album and shot a video for that tennis thing.
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• The SSFT was great performance wise, but the tour was so badly organised and resourced.

I'll never forgive Mariah's team for not having screens after paying 175 for a box ticket. How you can put on a show at the O2 and not even pay for a camera man and screens is just ridiculous. I expect Stella was just cutting costs left right and centre to try and maximize profits. Then the whole farce of not realising Europe has different time zones

The TMB intros though >>>>>>

Comment

• I agree with Yerac.

Where I Belong AI: 0.398

Comment

• The Shade Room posted a clip of #WIB and it’s getting great feedback! That’s pretty major

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                The Shade Room posted a clip of #WIB and it’s getting great feedback! That’s pretty major
                                                Damn 1M views in 2 hours?

Comment

I wasnt talking about this or only the rarities. She tends to release projects and then abandon them after one week or few days, without even promoting them. Caution says hi! Oh santa says hi! I think she should do a charmbracelet and promote it even if it not successful. So i think u missed my point hehe
                                                  I’m sorry but Caution was adequately promoted given the budget she had to use for promotion. Mariah was never getting any major label push to get her music heard on radio. The budget was simply was not there. But she promoted the album adequately.

iHeart Radio concert;
                                                  AMA Performance;
                                                  Appearances on The Voice;
                                                  Genius Interview;
                                                  GMA;
                                                  Live with Kelly & Ryan;
                                                  Watch What Happens Live;
                                                  MTV/TRL;
                                                  Several radio interviews plus other online content and interviews.

She had two weeks promotion around album release date before her Christmas promotion and tour kicked off. She also had a tour in promotion of the album.

As much as budget is an issue now together with label investment, fans still have too high an expectation for what Mariah should be doing. She’s doing everything within a budget and try ensure she can make a profit. Business decisions drive what happens and it’s illogical to expect her to drain loads of her own money into projects that will not generate much return, due to her age, length of career, the industry.

Comment

• Yeah, she did the best she could, but we can poke holes in her promo activities and schedule.

I definitely enjoyed her Caution era, but it definitely felt rushed, squeezed and almost like "let's get this out of the way" in preparation for Christmas.

But I did enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X