Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -some movements, even if it’s walking around the stage there and there
    -live vocals (or realistic, new recorded back tracks, this ain’t no 1994 girl)
    -no messing with the pitch

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
      -some movements, even if it’s walking around the stage there and there
      -live vocals (or realistic, new recorded back tracks, this ain’t no 1994 girl)
      -no messing with the pitch
      I hope there's so special appearances too. I sure Ariana can't be there cuz she's super busy with filming her movie. but would've been great a live performance of OSR. maybe she can surprise us with some other special guests

Comment

• Originally posted by Bella View Post

That 2001 CBS A Home For the Holidays was 2 hours, too, but it wasn't exclusively Mariah's special (she only did like 3-4 songs? and hosted).

Sony and Joseph Kahn's involvement means this will have great production values and worldwide distribution (through Sony).
        Mariah’s name was literally in the title of the special, lol. She was the main attraction. She had her songs, the families’ stories, and special guests.

Comment

• CBS morning full interview

Last edited by mm2912; Thu November 10, 2022, 17:55.

Comment

• They're releasing the heartbreaker vinyl with UO

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/music-shop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bella View Post

Yes, she's had a lot of primetime musical specials on all the major American broadcast and cable networks (1992 MTV, 1993 NBC, 1995-6 FOX, 1998 UPN,1999 FOX, 2001 CBS, 2002 BET, 2005 BET, 2010 ABC, 2015 Hallmark) but the biggest difference now is this is on the #1 network CBS (with repeats scheduled to air on MTV) and it's 2 hours of primetime. That 2001 CBS A Home For the Holidays was 2 hours, too, but it wasn't exclusively Mariah's special (she only did like 3-4 songs? and hosted).

Sony and Joseph Kahn's involvement means this will have great production values and worldwide distribution (through Sony).
              + the 2014 special on NBC for MIAM promo!

Another good thing about this year's special is that it's airing on a thursday, which is good for ratings. Most important TV shows air on thursday because of that, it's also the day when TV advertising is most expensive. So the fact that they are going to air this on primetime on a thursday at the biggest TV network in the US shows how much hope they have in this! The holiday season so far has been amazing and positive.

And she seems to be involved with multiple streaming platforms lately. The AppleTV movie premiere, Enola Holmes 2 premiere by Netflix, her song being featured on The Crown and now the special will stream on Paramount+. Clearly everyone wants to be close to Mariah during her season!
              Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
              www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• That interview with Gayle was great!!!
                You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• That gold dress and her makeup/hair from the first Apple TV special was the most beautiful Xmasriah ever looked. Bring that look back, Mother!

I also hope she uses those recordings for the lipsynch parts in her MSG shows. Her ‘94 tone makes it awkward on those parts.

Comment

• So excited for this. I hope it’s really available worldwide

Comment

• Let's enjoy this! We were asking for this, don't ruin it being nitpicking

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

Another good thing about this year's special is that it's airing on a thursday, which is good for ratings. Most important TV shows air on thursday because of that, it's also the day when TV advertising is most expensive. So the fact that they are going to air this on primetime on a thursday at the biggest TV network in the US shows how much hope they have in this! The holiday season so far has been amazing and positive.

And she seems to be involved with multiple streaming platforms lately. The AppleTV movie premiere, Enola Holmes 2 premiere by Netflix, her song being featured on The Crown and now the special will stream on Paramount+. Clearly everyone wants to be close to Mariah during her season!
                        it's not Thursday, it's Tuesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Sebastian View Post

Yes, that's right about the 2014 Friday night special on NBC. This special is on Tuesday night, but your point is valid. Advertising rates are higher in the Christmas season already and for CBS to air it so prominently means a lot. I bet there was a bidding war for it between the streaming platforms, but Netflix and Apple have been trimming budgets for the impending recession.

Anyways, I hope Mariah releases "Where Are You Christmas?" in early December as a tie-in to the children's book promotion and then finally performs it at the concert special.

Comment

• OMFG IM SHAKING

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                              OMFG IM SHAKING

I'm shaking with excitement
                              Proceed with Caution

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post

that's gonna be the best xmas gift ever. I wonder if those old rumours about Mariah and ariana at JHUD show is true or if they gonna be the special guests at Mariah CBS special. I'm excited either way. can't wait to see them together

Comment

• Originally posted by lambforever View Post

This is huge news! Many of us wanted Oh Santa remix with Jhud and Ari to have a live moment and we could finally end up getting it!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristmasJedi View Post

This is huge news! Many of us wanted Oh Santa remix with Jhud and Ari to have a live moment and we could finally end up getting it!!!!
                                    whatever they deliver I'm gonna super happy even it's not a live performance just a gathering or whatever they do together

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      OMFG IM SHAKING

BEST NEWS ALL YEAR !

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

BEST NEWS ALL YEAR !
                                        yes! it's my fav xmas obsession since 2020. I also loved the new bts pic in the background. I wish they also dropped a mariah x ariana posing together

Comment

• Great interview.
                                          Mariah came across really well

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                          CBS morning full interview

Comment

• Harmonised Whistle moment !

I cannot wait

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                                              https://deadline.com/2022/11/mariah-...te-1235168445/

‘Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas To All!’ Holiday Special Sets Date

By Bruce Haring

November 10, 2022 5:15am

The Queen of Christmas is back with a two-hour primetime concert special next month.

CBS will present Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas to All! on Tuesday, Dec. 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). The show will also be available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+. tHE DATE WAS ANNOUNCED ON cbs mORNINGS TODAY.

Filmed in New York City at Madison Square Gardenarena, the concert special will feature the singer-songwriter performing a repertoire of her festive holiday hits, including the perennial favorite, “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”

MTV will offer additional opportunities to view the special after the CBS broadcast.

Carey is the best-selling female artist of all-time, with more than 200 million albums sold to-date and 19 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles. She is also an inductee to the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and has been recognized with multiple Grammy Awards, numerous American Music Awards, three Guinness World Record titles, both Billboard’s Artist of the Decade and Icon awards, the World Music Award for World’s Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium, the Ivor Novello Award for PRS for Music Special International Award and BMI’s Icon Award for her outstanding achievements in songwriting.

Mariah Carey: Merry Christmas To All! is a coproduction of Sony Music Entertainment and Supply & Demand. Mariah Carey, Joseph Kahn, Charleen Manca and Nicola Doring are executive producers. Sony Music Entertainment is distributing the special.
                                              JOSEPH KAHN is an executive producer !!!

The visuals are going to be A+mazing!!!!

Comment

JOSEPH KAHN is an executive producer !!!

The visuals are going to be A+mazing!!!!

I hope it brings some emmy nominations for next year

Comment

• Dolly Parton is pure and total class:

Love Dolly
                                                  she is a living legend. We must protect her too

Comment

Dolly Parton is pure and total class:

Love Dolly
                                                    she is a living legend. We must protect her too
                                                    Mariah replied

Comment

Working...
                                                    X