Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    The Shade Room posted a clip of #WIB and it’s getting great feedback! That’s pretty major


    Where about? I cant see it on twitter :(

    Comment


    • We should all be liking/sharing the shade room post on all platforms. Dont forget to tweet radio and call in if you can, this song has potential.
      Last edited by tee; Fri April 16, 2021, 18:25.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        Yeah, she did the best she could, but we can poke holes in her promo activities and schedule.

        I definitely enjoyed her Caution era, but it definitely felt rushed, squeezed and almost like "let's get this out of the way" in preparation for Christmas.

        But I did enjoy it.
        She had a lot going on that Autumn. That Asian tour was booked prior to her change in management late 2017 so there were contracts that needed to be met. It wasn’t ideal that she was out of the US during a large part of October 2018.

        But a more spread out era that felt less rushed wouldn’t have changed the overall results. The fundamental issues remain. Mariah is an aging pop star and it takes a substantial investment and cash push by a label to get any song of hers off the ground now. Her deal with Epic certainly wasn’t going to facilitate such a push so she did what she could given the barriers she faces.

        Comment


        • #744 on itunes Us now +40

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
            #744 on itunes Us now +40
            My bad #680 now

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
              She had a lot going on that Autumn. That Asian tour was booked prior to her change in management late 2017 so there were contracts that needed to be met. It wasn’t ideal that she was out of the US during a large part of October 2018.

              But a more spread out era that felt less rushed wouldn’t have changed the overall results. The fundamental issues remain. Mariah is an aging pop star and it takes a substantial investment and cash push by a label to get any song of hers off the ground now. Her deal with Epic certainly wasn’t going to facilitate such a push so she did what she could given the barriers she faces.
              I think we are resolved to the fact that the overall results may be similar, but her approach could be different.

              Of course, there are limitations, some of the big ones you have mentioned. However, if she, and we, remove the confines of requiring sales success, then it allows her to be more creative in her promotional choices. She showed signs of that in the beginning (e.g. the mailing out of the track list to fans).

              Her managerial fixing of the era in two weeks, followed by Christmas, then a tour is hardly inspiring particularly when I think fans were still well on board with Caution even after all these things, which she appeared to drop.

              I think this is where Yerac's point comes in strongly.
              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                I think we are resolved to the fact that the overall results may be similar, but her approach could be different.

                Of course, there are limitations, some of the big ones you have mentioned. However, if she, and we, remove the confines of requiring sales success, then it allows her to be more creative in her promotional choices. She showed signs of that in the beginning (e.g. the mailing out of the track list to fans).

                Her managerial fixing of the era in two weeks, followed by Christmas, then a tour is hardly inspiring particularly when I think fans were still well on board with Caution even after all these things, which she appeared to drop.

                I think this is where Yerac's point comes in strongly.
                The posting out of the album titles was cute but that was more label strategy than anything else. It was similar to posting out a box with the book and a box of tissues to celebrities. Those things are pretty standard promotional moves in an era of social media.

                I think when you reach a stage in the industry, where success is not guaranteed and when you’ve people on a payroll, budget dictates what is going to happen. Caution was a record that allowed Mariah to 1. Stabilize and improve her relationship with her fans after a few previously tumultuous few years. 2. It also allowed her to improve her brand and image overall. 3. The album was a vessel to allow her to tour to generate revenue.

                She set out and achieved everything that she needed to. She had a tour and merch bundle. I really don’t think much more could have been done given the place Mariah’s career was at. The music spoke for itself and she didn’t try pimp it out like her life depended on it and that’s admirable too and very much in line with how I think Mariah will go in the future.

                Her releases and promotion will be short and sweet and she will disappear again until she is ready to tour or whatever. It’s a very Prince way of doing things and i think that’s what she’s happy doing. She knows where she can make good money e.g. Christmas and she’ll do what’s required at those times.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Yerac View Post



                  Where about? I cant see it on twitter :(
                  Instagram

                  Comment


                  • Charmbracelet was released two weeks before Christmas yet I feel like promotion and length of that era was 10x the era Caution was.

                    Part of me thinks she did not like the fact that songs were given away so easily at the beginning and that she would have wanted a more lengthy single process.

                    Maybe before releasing anything more she should find a deal which will support her new music. Like when she took it upon herself to fly to Japan to make sure Rainbow was supported.

                    Comment


                    • Does somebody know where can I buy FLAC / high quality version of rare songs like "There For Me" or "There Goes My Heart"?

                      I've tried torrent and Google and I'm willing to pay for it... I don't own those singles or CDs so I can't extract the songs... =/
                      Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                      Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                      Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

                      Comment


                      • #504 us itunes
                        #180 uk itunes

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                          #504 us itunes
                          #180 uk itunes
                          There are multiple versions, so it's good to keep that in mind.

                          On iTunes Hip Hop (US), it's #65 & #88.
                          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bm08 View Post

                            There are multiple versions, so it's good to keep that in mind.

                            On iTunes Hip Hop (US), it's #65 & #88.
                            17,500 streams on Spotify yesterday... it's increasing... but that still ca 1,000,000 daily streams too low. I think it could go as high as 50k daily... with yet another push.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                              17,500 streams on Spotify yesterday... it's increasing... but that still ca 1,000,000 daily streams too low. I think it could go as high as 50k daily... with yet another push.
                              I think the song is growing in every format little by little. As long as it keeps raising, one day it might go higher without expecting it!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yerac View Post

                                I think the song is growing in every format little by little. As long as it keeps raising, one day it might go higher without expecting it!
                                we need a viral moment. Also, we NEED a performance of the song... maybe on Kimmel / Fallon or so.
                                My Chart

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                  we need a viral moment. Also, we NEED a performance of the song... maybe on Kimmel / Fallon or so.
                                  Mariah should do the challenge or any challenge as soon as possible. She is always funny and will attract people

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                                    Maybe one difference between Busta’s project and Mariah’s Rarities was that Rarities came out as a support for her book. And it made sense because promoting the book had a much higher return.

                                    I’m really happy to see her more comfortable in her skin in the recent years. She doesn’t need #1’s anymore. She already did that. Just work on whatever makes you happy and live your life!
                                    But I wasn't talking about The Rarities.
                                    That was in the middle of a pandemy plus it was more like a gift from the lambs, and even then we got MVs and interviews.

                                    I was talking in general.
                                    She has a tendency to abandon certain projects or act as if they didn't happen.

                                    I love her being comfortable on her onw skin and that she's embracing and loving herself, that was part of the healing.
                                    And I don't care for a #1 or commercial success at this point.
                                    I just want an actual Era.

                                    Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                    I wasnt talking about this or only the rarities. She tends to release projects and then abandon them after one week or few days, without even promoting them. Caution says hi! Oh santa says hi! I think she should do a charmbracelet and promote it even if it not successful. So i think u missed my point hehe
                                    Yeah, exactly this!

                                    It breaks my heart the fact that she isn't fully happy with what she did on Caution (album).
                                    That's one of her best body of works from her career.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                      17,500 streams on Spotify yesterday... it's increasing... but that still ca 1,000,000 daily streams too low. I think it could go as high as 50k daily... with yet another push.
                                      17,500 x $.0.003 Spotity pays per stream = Busta made $52.50 for this song yesterday.Streams better pick up quick.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                                        The SSFT was great performance wise, but the tour was so badly organised and resourced.

                                        The TMB intros though >>>>>>
                                        All her impromptu moments were on point.

                                        I love this one:



                                        The confidence!

                                        Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                        The Shade Room posted a clip of #WIB and it’s getting great feedback! That’s pretty major
                                        That's amazing!

                                        1.7M views and positive feedback on the comments.

                                        Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        Yeah, she did the best she could, but we can poke holes in her promo activities and schedule.

                                        I definitely enjoyed her Caution era, but it definitely felt rushed, squeezed and almost like "let's get this out of the way" in preparation for Christmas.
                                        That's what exacty how I felt.

                                        At least she did the Tour in '19 and it was amazing. I'll give her that.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          we need a viral moment. Also, we NEED a performance of the song... maybe on Kimmel / Fallon or so.
                                          I'd love a live performance of the song.

                                          Especially since we don't have a full one from the OG (IKWYW).

                                          They performed the song together two times, at Summer Jam '03 and Z100 '03, but we only have this snippet:



                                          Of course I'm not counting the one from '15 at Hot 97's Hot For the Holidays, 'cause not.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Yerac View Post
                                            Mariah should do the challenge or any challenge as soon as possible. She is always funny and will attract people
                                            She knows how to gow viral.
                                            C'mon Riah!

                                            Comment


                                            • How Has Mariah Carey's Singing TONE Changed Over Time? (1987-2021)

                                              Comment


                                              • I didn’t care for WIB when it came out but it’s growing on me lately and it made me revisit IKWYI and got me addicted to it again, it’s so good with a good headphones with bass. It should’ve been #1 it’s a timeless classic

                                                Comment


                                                • Ok, now I'm seeing lots of reaction videos on YouTube and more posts on social media. That's great!

                                                  It's time for the song to grow on its own.



                                                  Nice that she mentioned Mariah rapping skills.
                                                  I think that's the best part of the song, the last minute.

                                                  I'm still feel like I need a full voice moment from Queen on the track.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Did the song disappeared from itunes us or im not looking right lol

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X