Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I cannot at her Gloating at Mariah's expense.

    SNAKES IN THE GRASS. IT'S TIME TO CUT THE LAWN

    Comment


    • Darlene and that chip on her shoulder need to get in the bin..

      When are her sold out shows at MSG this Christmas lol.
      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

      Comment


      • Well and truly though... as if any female singer is going to refer to herself as the queen of Christmas when Mariah exists.

        It would kinda be asking for ridicule.
        Last edited by InfoFromAus; Wed November 16, 2022, 12:58.
        MESMARIAHSING!

        Comment


        • Indeed all the journalists and TV hosts have been presenting her this year under that title

          Comment


          • Mariah genuinely didn’t need to trademark this title though.. it’s only made her look narcissistic when she’s not. She’s known as QoC by all media and entertainment outlets without the trademark.

            Anyway, like most negative press stories about her, it will pass.
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

            Comment


            • BBC: Mariah Carey is officially NOT Queen of Christmas..

              I’m beginning to wonder if people will stop referring to her as this now. I predicted that this whole bid to trademark the title would do more harm than good.. hope I was wrong.
              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by carey18ph View Post
                Yesterday's US spotify numbers showed that AIW is just 40k+ streams ahead of Rockin. It will be an interesting showdown of these two songs this season.
                Rockin always gets to the top streamed christmas song on spotify due to the #1 Christmas classic playlist not having All I want listed. Not sure what day it took over last last year
                Proceed with Caution

                Comment


                • I really wish mariah's version of CBPCH continue to compete with Darlene's version worldwide
                  Proceed with Caution

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                    BBC: Mariah Carey is officially NOT Queen of Christmas..

                    I’m beginning to wonder if people will stop referring to her as this now. I predicted that this whole bid to trademark the title would do more harm than good.. hope I was wrong.
                    general people don't care about these headlines/stories. Who else can be addressed as such? you can name a few female artists, then everyone will roll their eyes, because AIWFCIY is by very far, the most popular Christmas song in the last 30 years. As someone else mentioned, she doesn't need the title, she is just simply the Queen of Christmas.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lambforever View Post

                      Rockin always gets to the top streamed christmas song on spotify due to the #1 Christmas classic playlist not having All I want listed. Not sure what day it took over last last year
                      Correct, and spotify is not the only streaming service so even though Mariah is not #1 on spotify she still lead the streaming charts. I think last year was pretty close though, as RATCT got a significant advantage on spotify, yet Mariah lead airplay and sales...her team should work on getting AIWFCIY on that playlist, but it may be beyond them and there's something fishy behind, cause why a playlist should not include the most popular and demanded holiday track?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                        BBC: Mariah Carey is officially NOT Queen of Christmas..

                        I’m beginning to wonder if people will stop referring to her as this now. I predicted that this whole bid to trademark the title would do more harm than good.. hope I was wrong.
                        I was thinking that this could actually end up being good imo, Mariah has been rejected a title that the whole world knows it’s hers thanks to the massive success of AIW. Who’s the world siding with here? The court is the Scrooge to this story, and it all happens now on the verge of Christmas season. Mariah, who has been spreading joy during the season for years and hence has been considered the queen of Christmas by many outlets, is taking the victim’s seat in this situation.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Juancito75 View Post

                          Correct, and spotify is not the only streaming service so even though Mariah is not #1 on spotify she still lead the streaming charts. I think last year was pretty close though, as RATCT got a significant advantage on spotify, yet Mariah lead airplay and sales...her team should work on getting AIWFCIY on that playlist, but it may be beyond them and there's something fishy behind, cause why a playlist should not include the most popular and demanded holiday track?
                          Definitely fishy. I'm certain that her team would have gotten the song onto that playlist as it's the most popular. Radio, Apple Music and sales gets All I want to number 1 but it would be nice to be on that playlist.
                          Proceed with Caution

                          Comment


                          • Can I just add that while AIW is the biggest Xmas song of the past 60 years, so is her Xmas album...

                            The notion that it's just about AIW infuriates me. Nobody can compete with that 15 million copies selling Xmas album - no female that is.

                            Merry Christmas became the biggest selling xmas album by a female worldwide in 1994 and continues to hold this record to this very day.

                            I find it hirlariously funny that Darlene thinks she'd even rank in the top 3... Céline is head and toe above her as well in terms of success and then Streisand.

                            Susan Boyle has also outsold Miss Love by idk 10 : 1.

                            Elizabeth Chan is as close to the title as Rammstein... well... that's unfair bc Rammstein actually sold music to begin with. Miss Chan has 1,200 monthly listeners. Even my old YT channel from 2005 has over 1,000 subscribers. lol. I'm just as qualified as her, I think.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Mariah is the #1 news story on the BBC lol

                              Queen on #1s (even if this isn't probably a good one ha)

                              Comment


                              • Darlene acts like she owns this title whilst the top Christmas Queen's goes as follows

                                Mariah
                                Celine
                                Streisand
                                Brenda Lee
                                Proceed with Caution

                                Comment


                                • Happy 4th (!!) anniversary Caution!





                                  The holy trinity. What an album.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                  Comment


                                  • Darlene is sad. She clearly launched her first vicious attack on Mariah thinking that everyone would rally behind her and cheer her on. Instead, it made a brief splash and then was quickly forgotten about. Meanwhile, Mariah has a massive CBS Christmas special and millions rolling in!

                                    Comment


                                    • There are also Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson, Sia, Ariana Grande and they doing better streams than Darlene. Anyway I hope Mariah's team are working on merging the numbers of the different version of AIWFCIY. If they succeed AIW will surpass RATCT on Spotify too this season. AIW basically surpasses every Christmas song on the other streaming services.
                                      They have to add her on some bigger playlists.

                                      Same for non Christmas songs. Mariah's numbers are low compared to other songs with same year release that we're not even chart success. WBT needs 400k daily, DFAU was number one but nowhere to be seen on playlists and same for lot of her hits. That's not fair.

                                      Comment


                                      • if they merge oh santa OG and the remix that's totally different song then they should merge AIW OG with the extra festive from MCII2 streams

                                        Comment


                                        • There's also AIW with Bieber, the remix and the live version + the EP from 2009. All available separately on Spotify

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                            if they merge oh santa OG and the remix that's totally different song then they should merge AIW OG with the extra festive from MCII2 streams
                                            The MCIIY version was deleted from Spotify, tho. 30 million streams down the drain.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Happy 4th Anniversary to the amazing Caution album. This album is a wonderful body of work and deserves much more than it received.

                                              ​​​My rating of the album 4 years after -

                                              GTFO 10/10
                                              With You 8/10
                                              Caution 8.5/10
                                              A No No 8/10
                                              The Distance 9/10
                                              Givin me Life 10/10
                                              One More Gen 8.5/10
                                              8th Grade 9/10
                                              Stay Long Love You 6/10
                                              Portrait 7.5/10
                                              Runway 7/10

                                              Hoping her next album continue with this fresh style and slick production
                                              Proceed with Caution

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                                                The MCIIY version was deleted from Spotify, tho. 30 million streams down the drain.
                                                Because people were streaming and the OG needed those extra streams that week for points to hit #1. It was a smart move from her team tbh

                                                Comment


                                                • Giving Me Life should’ve been a single. Such a different (but familiar) sound that the R&B lovers could appreciate. Her low register is fire and actually refreshing to hear on record!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by lambforever View Post
                                                    Happy 4th Anniversary to the amazing Caution album. This album is a wonderful body of work and deserves much more than it received.

                                                    ​​​My rating of the album 4 years after -

                                                    GTFO 10/10
                                                    With You 8/10
                                                    Caution 8.5/10
                                                    A No No 8/10
                                                    The Distance 9/10
                                                    Givin me Life 10/10
                                                    One More Gen 8.5/10
                                                    8th Grade 9/10
                                                    Stay Long Love You 6/10
                                                    Portrait 7.5/10
                                                    Runway 7/10

                                                    Hoping her next album continue with this fresh style and slick production
                                                    3 / 10 - GTFO
                                                    5 / 10 - With You
                                                    10 / 10 - Caution
                                                    10 / 10 - A No No
                                                    10 / 10 - The Distance
                                                    10 / 10 - GML
                                                    5 / 10 - OMG
                                                    10 / 10 - 8th Grade
                                                    4 / 10 - SLLY
                                                    7 / 10 - Portrait
                                                    7 / 10 - Runway
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X